PDA

View Full Version : mosquito repellent

Silentscream
03-10-2009, 09:49 AM
I live in an area with my mosquitoes. Is it safe for someone with Lupus to cover themselves with mosquito repellent? They contain deet. Are there special brands or not to worry? thanks

mountaindreamer
03-10-2009, 09:56 AM
good morning silent

well, you have stumped me on this one....don't have a clue, but i do know about the mosquitos and the south. good luck

:nah:

phyllis

Rastagirl
03-10-2009, 10:13 AM
Grime..

Don't know the answer to that one.... :scratchchin:

For me, I have never had to use mosquito repellant once since I was diagnosed with Lupus. For some reason, the mosquitos don't bite me at all. They can be all around driving everyone else crazy, but they seem to avoid me.

I always figured it must be bad blood...guess they don't like the taste. Suits me just fine....I've enjoyed 27 years without a single bite.

Lori :grin69:

KATROACH1972
03-10-2009, 11:44 AM
I think you should use skin so soft from avon. It keeps mosqitos away does not stink as bad. I also would avoid aresol sprays. They always make me feel bad. I think from inhalation in lungs. :yes:

Saysusie
03-12-2009, 11:35 AM
I have never heard or read anything that precludes us from using mosquito repellent and/or deet :unsure:
So, I guess you can decide which one works for you or if using it causes you any problems.

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

sick n tired
03-12-2009, 01:12 PM
If it doesn't cause her to break out in a rash...I have used it some but I agree...skin so soft by Avon is great and doesn't smell as bad.