PDA

View Full Version : How Much Do You Think About Your Health?

Jesse
03-09-2009, 01:58 PM
Do you think about your lupus every day? If so, how much time do you spend thinking, talking or researching about it? After two years I find I still think about it a lot and still do occasional research. I'm wondering at what point it would be considered an unhealthy amount of thinking. Granted, it's hard not to think about it when there's pain involved, but I wonder if I should just be giving it a quick thought and then moving on.

I'd be interested in hearing about what percentage of the time you think about your health problems. It may help me to know if I'm out of the norm or not. Thanks!

plunk656
03-09-2009, 06:25 PM
I still don't know for sure if I have it. I have been going to doctors for the past nine months and some say that I do have it and others are just not sure untill I develop more symptoms. I find that if I feel good, then I will not do as much research, but as soon as I start to feel bad or just have a bad day, then I am on the computer researching. I have also noticed that when I go to a doctors appointment and I get depressed, because they don't give me the answers that I need, I will get on research also. I hope that everything is well with you today.

mountaindreamer
03-09-2009, 09:16 PM
i am forced to think about it at least twice a day....when i have to take that horrible hand full of medication. yuk

TobyJug
03-10-2009, 03:32 AM
I think it's only natural to think about it and do research when u not feeling well....
I spend a lot of time on the internet doing research in between other things....

specially on worse days when I am in a lot of pain or weird things happen to my body to see if I am alone or not with certain symptoms to stop me starting to worry II think that is more than normal....

DrinkofWtr
03-10-2009, 06:43 AM
I think about it everyday, but I must confess I really don't spend a lot of time researching about lupus. I usually ask members of the forum about my particular problems and see what they have to say. They come up with more ideas and good answers than I could ever research out. Besides, I have a list of other health problems besides the lupus that I have to deal with. I must admit I usually end up going to the Drs. on the average about 3 times a month or more, between my regular Dr. and my allergist. If I start seeing the dermatologist too that will be another Dr. to add to my list.

rob
03-10-2009, 07:18 AM
I do my best to not think about it, but many days I have constant reminders from flare symptoms. I get tired of thinking about it. I get sick of thinking about MS as well. Some days I just mentally pull the plug and do my best to disconnect from all of it. Any activity that can help me escape is a treasure. I do quite a bit of reading and research not so much for myself, but so I can give others proper facts and advice. It's kind of funny, right now I'm having fun playing the games in the arcade here, and it helps me get my mind off of things. How ironic is it to come to a website about Lupus, to forget about Lupus?

Rob

tiggerlishus - Heidi
03-10-2009, 09:14 AM
It's kind of funny, right now I'm having fun playing the games in the arcade here, and it helps me get my mind off of things. How ironic is it to come to a website about Lupus, to forget about Lupus?

Rob

i do the same have quick look on forums on here and LC then spend most of my other time playing games on here and FB and small amount doing my studing for accountancy but find short things to consintrate on easier!!
well hope that makes sense!! :wacko:

chas
03-10-2009, 12:17 PM
I try not to think about it but sometimes I am hit with a great pang of sadness when symptoms worsen and I am forced to think about it. I realise oh that's right the life you knew is over, this isn't ever going away.

This is now the only place I go to think or read about Lupus - but I used to research online with each episode of health decline. Now I only look for research if it is a relatively obscure thing like an acidic stomach or itchy scalp....which makes me think is this Lupus related or what?:wacko:

Plus I have no diagnosis yet so I will keep researching if more symptoms come along.

lucky7
03-10-2009, 03:00 PM
I dont want to think about it but i find myself almost daily doing so. I believe its because i have some or all of my symptoms almost all of the time. Im getting worse and im in the middle of trying to get in to a new dr. because my old one wouldnt even open my chart to piece things together. Ill feel better when im monitored better.

I escape by looking at my gardening magazines since the nicer weathers on the way! WOO HOO!! Im planning out some new outside planting for my landscape, that always makes me feel happy. I love mother nature. Thats my "Happy Place".