PDA

View Full Version : New Smilies

admin
03-08-2009, 09:50 AM
You'll notice new smilies available now when you make posts or send private messages. Also click the "more" button to see a bunch of fun graphics you can add to your posts.

:yes:

sarahp
03-08-2009, 10:22 AM
Thank you :yes:they are fun:cute:
Lov Sarah x

Angel Oliver
03-08-2009, 12:48 PM
I just noticed this one :) oh a proper belly laugh...so funny :)

hatlady
03-08-2009, 01:49 PM
OK, I'm a dingbat. Where are they? How do I get to them???

<sigh....the technologically challenged suffer so....> (And if I knew where the rolley-eyed emoticon was, I'd insert it here!

tiggerlishus - Heidi
03-08-2009, 01:54 PM
yes wicked!!!!!!:wink: i'm loving them!!! :excited: thank you :You_Rock_Emoticon:

Angel Oliver
03-08-2009, 02:08 PM
So far not sure....i just press : then ) which makes :) if that helps.When i learn how to do em all i'll let you know :)

AyahsClan
03-08-2009, 02:28 PM
::wonders - where's the "more" button::

Ayah, fellow member of the technologically challenged

Angel Oliver
03-08-2009, 02:51 PM
Mmmm yes i dont see more even though i want more :)

admin
03-08-2009, 03:16 PM
When you make a post you'll see 15 smileys on the left that represent basic emotions, below that set is a little "More" link, click that to see the rest.

You can click the graphics to insert into a post, or they will automatically be inserted if you type the characters they represent, or "emoticons".

:raspberry1:

NoodleMom
03-08-2009, 04:12 PM
Okay my smilies are on the bottom and there is no "more" to click on.

Am I not understanding?

Angel Oliver
03-08-2009, 04:13 PM
Oh thanks for letting me know.....now.....how do i tell you without looking a bit thick :)

I see nothing on my left....i see those below where it says post icons. I see submit reply and preview post. I only have a small brain....if i walk quick you can hear it rattle......sorry im a bit slow on the uptake yet again.

NoodleMom
03-08-2009, 06:39 PM
Still cant find them but wanna try sumpin' LOL

NoodleMom
03-08-2009, 06:40 PM
Nope! At least my pup Ellie is devoted to me. (-:

sick n tired
03-08-2009, 08:50 PM
Sorry Conrad...I can't see any more button on the left that says more.
The icons that I see others have is great, though.

Rastagirl
03-08-2009, 10:52 PM
Here comes the next technologically challenged, 'smiley more button' missing, WHL member..........Rastagirl!!

I'm gonna ditto Angel....no 'more' button for me. Only the stuff she said...

Only way I can make a smiley is with : and ) and if I put them together they go :)

I want the 'YOU ROCK' smiley pleeeeeeeese....

Lori :)

Angel Oliver
03-09-2009, 04:06 AM
Let me see if theres an angel one...O:-) im cheating here n will probably look like i now need that straight jacket...lets see.

Angel Oliver
03-09-2009, 04:06 AM
Angel begins to put on her jacket !

mountaindreamer
03-09-2009, 06:04 AM
well angel,.

they will have to put a jacket on all of us. I can't find these links either, and it makes me feel better that you all of having trouble....i know i am electronically illiterate....now i won't get on myself too bad. :)

Angel Oliver
03-09-2009, 06:14 AM
:) Ive left some straight jackets in the corner......help yourself :)

Saysusie
03-09-2009, 10:48 AM
I don't see the smileys....what am I doing wrong????

Saysusie

Angel Oliver
03-09-2009, 10:50 AM
Jackets are in the corner.....:)

Saysusie
03-09-2009, 11:23 AM
:-) :-( :> :{ >(

Just experimenting with drawing faces to see what smileys come up...since I don't get the smileys to the left...

Saysusie
03-09-2009, 11:23 AM
Pooh....only one!!! I am so sad <crying>

Grime
03-09-2009, 11:28 AM
:computer2: When I click Advance the smilies show up and if I click more it opens in a new window in the upper left. I checked this both in IE and FF. If you use :crying : this will show up :crying: remove the space. If you type them in besure you use the correct letters and simbles.

Angel what browser are you using?

Angel Oliver
03-09-2009, 01:15 PM
:) Oh Grime.....i dont even see 'advance'. Now what browser do i have...ermmmmmmmm....i'll spend some time with that one too :)

Grime
03-09-2009, 02:08 PM
If you click on Post Reply you should see a page that looks like this.
http://www.missfroggy.pocwebdesign.com/_RefFiles/Smileya.jpg

If you click on the little letter on the right to reply to a post you will see this and down at the bottom is the Advance button.

http://www.missfroggy.pocwebdesign.com/_RefFiles/Smileyab.jpg

Hope this helps you find the similes.

Angel Oliver
03-09-2009, 02:19 PM
No i dont see the same as you got there.BUT ive just clicked where it says no icon so lets see if i get another one as well as the cheating i do with :) I see no letter no advance and no emoticons like you have.I know its me i do take a while before i 'get it' so bare with me :)

Angel Oliver
03-09-2009, 02:22 PM
I think i have something switched off which should be on.....besides my brain :) I remember the photo thread thing....and i had something switched off.I'll work it out...its something simple i know it is.

Thanks for trying David x

Grime
03-09-2009, 02:31 PM
Hang in there we'll get it figured out. :rolling-crazy:

Rastagirl
03-09-2009, 05:37 PM
This is quite frustrating...I don't get any page that looks like that, Grime. When I hit 'Post Reply', I do not get that page....my only smileys, thumbs up, and thumbs down buttons are directly below the window I'm posting my message in. Same as it's been since the site came up in February.

If I choose the 'icon' (little picture) that says 'Quick Reply' to the bottom right within the post I am responding to, it still goes to this same window with the smileys at the bottom.

No matter what I click on, I do not get the choices of smileys you are showing us. I'm in the same boat as Angel and I've tried clicking everything on my page. It appears there are a few of us that do not have this feature.

I can also see that you have numerous choices above the post box for 'font types' and 'underlining' and 'bold', but I do not have anything like that.

Have you always had all these smiley options since you first joined, or did they just show up recently? Wish I could figure this out............

Lori *scratching her head and looking puzzled*

Grime
03-09-2009, 05:43 PM
Lori,
Have you tired clearing you cache? When I first started here I just had the codes for just a few smilies. After Admin posted about more smilies did mine show up.

I use FF 3.0.7 and IE 7 for my browsers. Sounds to me like a cache problem. If you don't know how to clear your cache let me know and I'll walk you through it.

Rastagirl
03-09-2009, 06:06 PM
Okay, Grime...I just talked to my husband who's a CTO Software Engineer and told him what was going on and he had me hit Control F5 and it did nothing...I still don't have the smiley choices.

He said it must be the site...if some of us have 'em and some don't.

Lori

Oluwa
03-09-2009, 06:14 PM
Try clicking the Go Advanced Button..
The smileys are on the right and the
More button is just underneath the faces..

Love,
O.

Grime
03-09-2009, 07:02 PM
Lori and Angel
Are you using a Mac or Windows. What version of windows do you have? Are you using IE, FF, Opera, Safari or Netscape for a browser.

I don't think it could be a program issue. More of a cache issue. The smilies are written into the php program and should be the same of all using windows.

I do stand to be corrected on this as I'm just a small web designer and don't have all the answers.

Rastagirl
03-09-2009, 07:05 PM
Already tried that Oluwa...when I click 'Go Advanced' it only has the smileys at the bottom and there is no 'more' button at all. I can see in the page that Grime posted above exactly what you guys are talking about, but it's just not there for me when I click Go Advanced.

I've tried exactly what you guys are saying....but get no smileys.

Lori

Grime
03-09-2009, 07:14 PM
Lori and Angel
Are you using a Mac or Windows. What version of windows do you have? Are you using IE, FF, Opera, Safari or Netscape for a browser.

It would help if I knew what you were using.

Rastagirl
03-09-2009, 07:19 PM
Okay...I'm giving up now...

My husband just took a look at the entire thread and clicked the Go Advanced button and I DO NOT have any way to get the page with the rich text (as my husband calls it--with the fonts and underlining and stuff) and the smileys...he says it's just not there for me...says it must be a software problem if some of us can get it and some can't. And I'm using Windows Vista, Internet Explorer 7, and I cleared my cache, Grime.

Lori

Grime
03-09-2009, 07:27 PM
Lori,
In IE7 you went to Tools to Internet Options and cleared your cache there? Correct I don't have Vista, nothing but problems, I use XP

It could be a Vista problem and the Admins will have to work that one out.

Rastagirl
03-09-2009, 07:28 PM
Correct....

Lori

Oluwa
03-09-2009, 07:29 PM
At the bottom of this window in the left corner, where it says posting rules...

Are you Smiles ON or OFF?

Off?

click Go Advanced
Under additional options below your post box...
in Miscellaneous Options...
UNclick the box that says Disable smilies in text..

Love,
Oluwa

Rastagirl
03-09-2009, 07:36 PM
In the Posting Rules my smileys are enabled...

When I click Go Advanced and get to the miscellaneous Options, I only have two choices...'Show your signature' and 'Automatically parse links in text' and they are both checked.

Lori

Oluwa
03-09-2009, 07:42 PM
It is a website error. Conrad will have to fix it...it should have a smilies enable or disabled box.

When you click on..
Smilies where is it say ON in the posting rules..does it open up a page of smilies?

Grime
03-09-2009, 07:46 PM
In Additional Options. Do you show

Show you signature With a check in the box
Automatically parse links in text. With a check in the box
Disable smilies in text With no check in box

If the box is checked for Disable smilies in text uncheck this box. See if this works.

Does yours look like this?
http://www.missfroggy.pocwebdesign.com/_RefFiles/Smileyabc.jpg

Rastagirl
03-09-2009, 08:05 PM
In the Post Rules, when I just clicked on the smileys, yes a separate window opened and loaded up hundreds of smilies. But when I closed the window and just tried to post again, the smileys aren't there.

Grime just showed me what the page should look like, and I have the first 2 options in Misc. Options, but not the 3rd box for 'Enable Smileys in text'....it's definitely not there.

Thanks, you guys, for trying to help me...I think you're right, Oluwa, it's something Conrad's going to have to take care of.

Appreciate you trying.... :) I'll just have to settle for this one for now.

Lori

mountaindreamer
03-09-2009, 08:23 PM
hi guys,
I am in the same boat as Lori...I can't get to the smileys options either. I will wait a few days and see if Conrad can fix....I use windows XP

phyllis

NoodleMom
03-09-2009, 08:42 PM
oh oh I found them!!! Yes!!

but but how do I use them.?

K

Rastagirl
03-09-2009, 08:54 PM
This is just so not fair...now Noodlemom's got the smileys.

Maybe I'm being punished for using too many smileys in my posts in the past.......

Conrad...if you give me my smileys, I promise not to overuse 'em.

Shall I beg???

I can grovel....

Lori

mountaindreamer
03-09-2009, 08:58 PM
lori,

i just don't understand. I know that i am technologically illiterate, but you aren't and we are in the same boat....i can tell that you have worked so hard to solve the problem....while i just sit here and wait for help....I know i can't do anything without instruction.....oh well, consider yourself smiled at.

phyllis

Rastagirl
03-09-2009, 09:17 PM
Oh my gosh....I did it....all by myself....I have the smileys!!!!!!

Oh Mountaindreamer....I can now tell you what to do. I was getting ready to reply with a 'smile' back at you....and I decided to go to my User CP, where my profile is and played with the settings.

Go to your 'User CP'....look down the left side and choose 'Edit Options'....then scroll all the way down to the last box of choices which say "Message Editor Interface"....then change your setting to "Enhanced Interface--Full WYSIWYG editing....then click 'save changes'....and voila...the next time you go to post...the fully operational, special smileys will appear.

I will now use my smileys in this post to fully express my feeling of happiness!!!

:049::653::banana:

Lori :grin69: (Rastagirl....there's even one just for me!!)

mountaindreamer
03-09-2009, 09:24 PM
:shocked:yeah lori,

how smart are you? thank you so much for putting the instructions is easy terms....will enjoy this new playtoy.

phyllis:thumbs-up:

Oluwa
03-09-2009, 09:43 PM
Bravo..good work Lori....

Rastagirl
03-09-2009, 09:47 PM
Hey Phyllis...

You should have seen me run down the stairs to inform my husband that I did it all by my lonesome. I was hooopin' and hollerrrin'....the dog looked at me like I was nuts.

Not only did I do it...but I posted simple instructions that somebody else used immediately.

Sorry...gotta pat myself on the back now...I'm not usually this brilliant...or persistent!!

:You_Rock_Emoticon: Lori

Thank you...Thank you...but I couldn't have done it with out all the people that gave me input....Grime....Oluwa....mountaindreamer....

mountaindreamer
03-09-2009, 09:52 PM
hey lori,

thanks for the plug, but you certainly did not get any help from me. and my only input was "good luck teaching me how to do it." :fam21:

I am glad you did not fall while running down the stairs....I was just posting to MoCo about slowing down so as not to bump into things, and there you are talking about running down the stairs. this is a great group of people.

Yes, pat yourself a couple of extra times for me. and thank you

phyllis

Rastagirl
03-09-2009, 10:17 PM
Mountaindreamer...Yes you did...you cheered me on for trying...right when I was ready to give up.

And, to be honest, I exaggerated a bit...I didn't literally 'run down the stairs' this time.....I learned my lesson about that the hard way last summer...fell down the stairs and hit my hiney hard on the last 4 stairs...bump..bump..bump..bump...I broke my tailbone and cracked a rib and got a nasty rug burn from my wrist to my elbow. Ooooowwwwch!

Gotta say goodnight now...I've used up all my energy searching for smileys.....but it was worth it!!

Lori :wavey:

Mary Jane
03-09-2009, 11:56 PM
Thanks Lori...I think I've found them...:-):guitar5::valentine2::computer3:

Saysusie
03-10-2009, 05:31 AM
Well, it appears that everyone is successful but me. I do not get the page that Grime referred to when I click to reply to a thread. I do not see anything that says "advance" and there are no smileys on the left or the right side of my page. I also do not have any options for text! I am using Windows XP and nothing seems to work for me.
Now, when I click on "Smiley are on", I get a page with all of the smileys, but that page is not active and I cannot insert any of the smileys...so I am lost out here and still so sad 'cuz I can't get any smileys unless I type the word for the smiley. Help Please

:mad3:

to get this smiley, I had to type a colon :, then mad3, then another colon: That's a lot of work each time I want a smiley

Saysusie

Saysusie
03-10-2009, 05:51 AM
OMG!! I FOUND THEM...I ALSO FOUND THE OPTIONS FOR TEXT!!

SO, here is what I did for those who are still struggling:
1) Go to "User CP" above
2) On the left, go to "edit options"
3) When you get there, go to Miscellaneous Options
4) Then go to the box with the heading "Message Editor Interface", there is a drop down box there.
5) drop down to "Enhanced interface, full WYSIWYG editor"
6) click on "save changes"
Hopefully that will do it and will allow you many more options when posting replies! :arms:

Grime
03-10-2009, 06:12 AM
Time to party :fam21:

It's great that ya'll got it worked out. Now if Angel can get them working.

Angel Oliver
03-10-2009, 06:16 AM
OMG Lori...everyone i see them:valentine2: iam now having a sing song with joy:musik39::guitar::guitar5:.

Thank you so much.xxx

NoodleMom
03-10-2009, 08:34 AM
where is the cp thing?

Grime
03-10-2009, 08:39 AM
On the left of the forums tool bar you will see User CP. Click on that and it will take you to the Control Panel.

kducks
03-10-2009, 09:20 AM
Found the setting and changed it..woohoo

:071::excited::653:

Angel Oliver
03-10-2009, 12:36 PM
Oh this is fun.:angelic: Thanks MD i found it..the little angel.x

Angel Oliver
03-10-2009, 12:52 PM
Just trying something so ignore me.

NoodleMom
03-10-2009, 03:02 PM
Yee Haw!!!!1:laugh::yes::9::biggthumpup:

I GOT IT!!!

Angel Oliver
03-10-2009, 03:33 PM
Oh great:You_Rock_Emoticon:
love
Angel.xx

sick n tired
03-11-2009, 10:45 PM
This is so coollll Thanks for the great instructions to find them.:yes:
:smilecolros:

Thanks Conrad this is just another cool thing in this theme park of yours!!!:You_Rock_Emoticon:

hatlady
03-12-2009, 05:06 AM
HARUMPH! >( I'm still not seeing them! I'll have to try on a different browser later today. Maybe that will make the difference.

:) At least I can get that from the : and ) together - so that's SOMETHING!

Saysusie
03-12-2009, 11:10 AM
Oh no, Hatlady :grumpy:

Have you tried a different browser yet?

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie