PDA

View Full Version : Hopoe everyone is having a good weekend! (Dr. Appt update too)

jenniferlynn
03-07-2009, 02:01 PM
Hi just checking in :)
I have been off the site for a few days now, taking care of the kiddies and my hubby is back now from Daytona Beach! Yeah. He and his friends had a nice time and he was happy to see that I got through the week alone and managed the house and kids just fine. (With prednisone though!)

I saw my primary care doctor on Thursday night for a check up. We increased my plaquenil to 400mg per day instead of 200mg. I hope it will help, but I know that it will take forever to know if it is working or not. My doc was great, proud of me for recognizing my last flare on my own and starting the prednisone. He is also proud that I have actually accepted the Lupus diagnosis and decided to learn to live my life with it, rather than always searching for it to be something else more curable.

Anyway, I wanted to share that and say hello!

NoodleMom
03-07-2009, 03:00 PM
Hi
That sounds like a great doctors appt. You can recognise when a flare is coming? That is awesome. I cant yet but then everytime I turn around something new comes along to join the party. I have taken to standing still.....that doesnt seem to help tho.

Anyway just want to say hi back
Have a good weekend
Kasey

DrinkofWtr
03-07-2009, 04:44 PM
It is hard to face the reality of lupus that it's not curable, isn't it? I am so glad we have each other to lean on on this website. We are all in the same boat and we all cope with this disease the best we can, don't we?

Rastagirl
03-07-2009, 04:49 PM
Hi jenniferlynn....

Thanks for sharing your good news. Glad to hear you made it through the week alone. Gives you more confidence for the next time that comes along. It's a good thing for your husband too..to get some time with the guys. I'll be he had a good time. Did you and the kids do anything fun together? When my husband would go out of town, that was always a time for the kids and I to have our favorite meals that dad didn't necessarily care for...like fish sticks or making our own pizzas. I'm glad the Prednisone did it's job to help you.

You've got good news with your doc visit, as well. It's great to have a supportive doctor that works with you, listens to you, and cheers you on for the accomplishments. I wish that could be the case for everyone. Keep up the positive attitude...it goes a long way in the battle we're up against.

Glad to see you're back...hope the increase in your med will make a difference soon.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Lori :)

BonusMom
03-07-2009, 07:34 PM
"When my husband would go out of town, that was always a time for the kids and I to have our favorite meals that dad didn't necessarily care for...like fish sticks or making our own pizzas."

I miss those times with my kids. Enjoy those meals and memories with the kiddos rastagirl, cause time seems to whiz by and they're grown :)

I haven't had fish sticks in years. The kids will all be home for dinner tomorrow night and I promised a turkey dinner with all of their favorites. I'm thinking a side of fish sticks might land on the menu! Thanks for the memory!

Angel Oliver
03-08-2009, 06:51 AM
Mmmm all this talk of food im hungry again.....fish sticks..what are those? Mmmm mouth waters :)

Oh i am so glad to read you have such a good and understanding Doctor.This is a big help :) I am glad you managed the house and kids....well done!! And hope you feel happy now your husband is home. Nice to hear you so positive.

sending you gentle hugs.
love
Angel.xxx