PDA

View Full Version : Lupus Nephritis

annette
03-07-2009, 09:40 AM
Hi Everbody,
I have Lupus Nephritis for 25years. I am only 32 years old. I have gone threw
alot with this medical condition!!! I also got diasgnosed with Central Serous Retinopathy
( serious eye condition) in 2004. Still have it today but not as much. Does anyone on
this that has Lupus and also have eye conditions. Or know of anyone who has Lupus
Nephritis secondery complication Central Serous Retinopathy. Thanks!

Oluwa
03-09-2009, 07:59 PM
Hi Annette...

If you post this in the symptoms section you may get more traffic...replies.

I do not have either conditons you mentioned. I have Lupus and Sjorgrens'...

Love,
Oluwa

tasha
04-02-2009, 02:00 PM
i have lupus nephritis (stage III) that is being treated (successfully) with cellcept (2,000mg/day). so far the cellcept has cut the protein in my urine in half. so it probably isn't even considered stage III anymore.

cellcept is wonderful...

no retinal problems that i know of...

Bonita
04-02-2009, 04:44 PM
Tasha hope that the meds will work for you. Thank you again for introducing yourself. This was the first time i ever had protien in my urine but it only said a trace so i did not hear anything from the doctor so i guess it is okay. You are 23, I have two grandchildren who are 21 and one 18 and one 5 and one 2. Bonita

Rayhanah
04-08-2009, 04:44 AM
You truly have inspired me as you have made it into grad school even with lupus nephritis class III. I have lupus nephritis class II and im in college now but taking a break because it flare up so bad that Im taking 60mg of prednisolone and 1000mg of cellcept. Im losing 7mg of protein in my urine now. Thank you!

froggal
04-08-2009, 12:57 PM
I also have lupus nephritis. I also take cellcept. I have eye problems that originally stemmed from something different however, I have been told that my right eye will continue to be affected due to lupus. My lupus was actually diagnosed after I spent my summer in the hospital because they could not get rid of (what they thought was just) pilo nephritis. After 2 1/2 months of missing being on the lake in my roomates boat they finally got wise and start piecing things together!!

tasha
04-10-2009, 12:13 AM
You truly have inspired me as you have made it into grad school even with lupus nephritis class III. I have lupus nephritis class II and im in college now but taking a break because it flare up so bad that Im taking 60mg of prednisolone and 1000mg of cellcept. Im losing 7mg of protein in my urine now. Thank you!

i'm glad i inspired you! fortunately, even though i had class III, i never experienced any noticeable symptoms from it and my kidney functioning was never affected. and now that the inflammation has gone down considerably thanks to the cellcept, i hopefully never will have symptoms!

the lupus symptoms that DO bother me are the joints and fatigue! ugh! :sleepy: