PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed

green_parrot
03-07-2009, 05:01 AM
I hope it is Ok to post here. I have been experiencing unusual symptoms for some time and am wondering if it may be Lupus?
It probably started around a year ago when I woke with a really sore wrist..It continued to get more and more painful until eventually I went saw a Dr. Diagnoses tendinitis (fluid in joint) cause unknown...no injury occurred so it was bandaged and eventually improved. A while later the same thing happened in my second toe joint...again x rays showed fluid , cause unknown. A while after I developed a rash on my hands and feet that lasted about a week. It was itchy and the sore felt painful as they developed. Otherwise I felt well. This was closely follwed by 5 doses of strep throat, which kept reoccurring even after getting ;better with does of antibiotics.
The latest is a painful shoulder and left foot (this time on the top...
I know my symptoms are all over the place, does it even fit with Lupus?
Im a 39yr old female, otherwise I also have high blood pressure, tachycardia (fast heart rate) and have suffered migraine for last 15yrs or so. I am also overweight.
I really feel like such a hypochondriac and I guess thats why I havenet re visited my dr. I have moved a couple of times over the last few years and my dr has changed which has also made it difficult. Thanks everyone for taking the time to read this...

TobyJug
03-07-2009, 05:19 AM
hey just wanted to say welcome to the site...
just go to ur doc's don't feel bad and hammer on tests to find out what is up with u....

anyway I am sure that many people will be along soon to give u better advice... :D

just wanted to welcome u..

hatlady
03-07-2009, 10:21 AM
Toby's given you some good advice - talk to your doc. Make a list when you go, symptoms, pains, where, how often, how bad.... and ask questions. Find someone who will talk with you and work with you. If the doc blows you off - find a new one.

I hope you're feeling better soon -

Saysusie
03-09-2009, 11:28 AM
Lupus is a disease that, in and of itself, is all over the place. However, it is also a very, very difficult disease to diagnose because it mimics so many other conditions. So, it is very difficult to say if your symptoms are due to Lupus or perhaps to some other auto-immune disorder. So, I have to echo what everyone else has said; go to see your doctor, ask to have tests run that will tell you if there is an auto-immune issue going on, make sure that you take a list of all of your symptoms and when they occurred, do not let any doctor put you off or tell you that it is "ALL IN YOUR HEAD". Insist that you be listened to, taken seriously, and treated.

I wish you the very best. Please let us know how it goes.

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

lucky7
03-09-2009, 12:41 PM
Welcome!!!

Its repetitious but definately DONT let any dr look at you like youre crazy or a bother. Ive experienced a lot of that but i just move on. It can be draining but whats even more draining is to not be taken seriously time and again. Only YOU know what YOU feel in YOUR body. Dont allow anyone to make you doubt yourself. I did that for about 2yrs and it only allowed my body to get worse. My husband had to push me to do something different because hes been so scared seeing me turn into an tired achey and immoble person. Completely opposite of the way ive lived my life.

My thoughts are with YOU and YOU do what YOU know is BEST for YOU!!!! GOOD LUCK!!

Angel Oliver
03-09-2009, 01:18 PM
I just want to say welcome and i agree with all the posts here.You keep strong and keep fighting.We all understand you.xxxxxx

love
Angel.xxx