PDA

View Full Version : newly diagnosised

Bonita
03-06-2009, 11:52 AM
I have only had lupus and miositis for about a year and a half after spending 11 days in the hospital not knowing what was wrong and i do not know of anyone who has active lupus. I just want to see if someone is feeling the same things i am. bonita

Grime
03-06-2009, 12:34 PM
Welcome Bonita,
I have only been here for a few days. The support here is the greatest.

Again welcome,
David

rob
03-06-2009, 07:06 PM
Hi Bonita,

Welcome to our group. Please make yourself at home!

Rob

TobyJug
03-07-2009, 05:28 AM
hey welcome to the forum...
I am sure u will find plenty of people here who feel the same.....

Angel Oliver
03-07-2009, 05:33 AM
Hi and welcome. Hang in there, someone will be along to help you with advice.Have a look around the site and you'll find many answers you are looking for.Oh and watch out for the arcade.....very addictive :) but fun.

love
Angel.xxx

Bonita
03-17-2009, 04:31 PM
I am finding so many answeres to what is going on with me from reading what everyone else is going through thank you for being so helpfull. I have a great rehumatologist who even answeres me and calls me back on my cell phone but i know he is busy and i go next week and have another list of questions for him again thank you. Bonita

Angel Oliver
03-17-2009, 04:36 PM
Oh i am glad.Oh and you've a good Rheumi....that is so nice to read. Hope your appointment goes well.xxxx

love
Angel.xxxx

sits_inthe_corner
03-17-2009, 05:37 PM
Hi Bonita

Just wanted to welcome you to the site. It's a very friendly and warm place to come and share information or ask questions.

Glad you found us, and glad you found answers in some of our posts.

tasha
03-17-2009, 06:05 PM
welcome bonita!

it's great that you have a good rheumy :) i like mine too! it makes all the difference!

Bonita
03-19-2009, 09:38 AM
welcome bonita!

it's great that you have a good rheumy :) i like mine too! it makes all the difference!

I am 60 years old and on dissability for two previous back surgeries from work. I was a nurses aid in a nursing home for 21 years before i had a fussion with a cage and plates and screws at t-11 and t-12 they had to go through my chest and break off my rib to get to the area and two years later i had surgery to remove another part that broke off that was before i was diagnosised with lupus and myositis so with the pains i am having i do not know if this is from lupus or something else, This is just to let you know where i am comming from. I have been on predinisone for 520 days and imuran for 415 and plaquinel for 150 days and i think right now i am in a flare . I had blood work done a month ago and my rbc was 2.98 so i am waithing to see if it went up. Thank you bonita

AyahsClan
03-19-2009, 10:34 AM
I am 60 years old and on dissability for two previous back surgeries from work. I was a nurses aid in a nursing home for 21 years before i had a fussion with a cage and plates and screws at t-11 and t-12 they had to go through my chest and break off my rib to get to the area and two years later i had surgery to remove another part that broke off that was before i was diagnosised with lupus and myositis so with the pains i am having i do not know if this is from lupus or something else, This is just to let you know where i am comming from. I have been on predinisone for 520 days and imuran for 415 and plaquinel for 150 days and i think right now i am in a flare . I had blood work done a month ago and my rbc was 2.98 so i am waithing to see if it went up. Thank you bonita

Oh Bonita, sorry you are going through so much. You have survived some very hard times with your health. I hope your rbc is going up and I hope you have some much better days ahead.

mountaindreamer
03-19-2009, 05:51 PM
hi bonita,

nice to hear from you...so sorry about all of the pain, it is impossible to communicate what i am feeling in my heart for you....i wish you a better day tomorrow.

Faith
03-19-2009, 08:00 PM
Welcome Bonita,

Our family forum is growing and we are glad to see you on the forum (not glad that you have lupus). If you have questions, ask away.

A good rhuemy is the best kept secret. One that takes the time to answer all your questions. I would keep a daily log of symptoms, rate it, etc. so you can take it in next time you see him/her. Always get copies of your labs, etc., and keep a separate binder just in case you need to records in an emergency.

Take care,

Faith

brandichi
03-20-2009, 12:48 PM
Hi Bonita,

I'm new here too, but wanted to say hi and I'm sorry you're having such a hard time right now. You're really lucky to have a good rheumy - they really are hard to find. Sending you hugs and hopes for a good day today.

Saysusie
03-23-2009, 10:54 AM
Hi Bonita;
I just wanted to say "Welcome" to you :laugh: I am sorry that you are in a flare right now and that you are in pain. Hopefully, your meds will start to minimize some of your symptoms, or at least make the pain a bit more bearable. We are here to help you in any way that we can and you are in a place where everyone is understanding, caring, and supportive. Again...welcome!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie