PDA

View Full Version : Dental procedure done yesterday

NoodleMom
03-06-2009, 05:29 AM
I had a root canal done yesterday. My mouth is hurting today. I dont like tooth pain. Please give me a hug and a cold pack.

Kasey

mountaindreamer
03-06-2009, 05:49 AM
oh yuk kasey,

i have had two of those root canals, and i am sooooo sorry that you had to endure one. Yuk, Yuk......keep an ice pack close by, and get rest today.

phyllis

Angel Oliver
03-06-2009, 06:36 AM
Oh Kasey im sending you a cool pack and such gentle hugs. A few weeks ago when i was put to sleep, thats what the dentist did to me.He was trying to save 2 of my teeth as my jaw is out of place so my 2 top teeth are knocking on the bottom.....but im chipping them away and nearly knocking them out.
It will take a while before the pain n aching eases, but believe me it WILL subside.I hope you have pain killers to help you through.If not you deffinately have us...willing the ache to ease.
Thinking of you.
Love
Angel.xxxxx

Faith
03-06-2009, 05:03 PM
I am sorry Kasey. They are definately not fun. I am sending you hugs and a cold pack. I hope you get to feeling better.

Faith

Spanglishqueen
03-06-2009, 09:10 PM
A hug and a six pack coming right up :)...Oh you said cold pack LOL! Feel better

TobyJug
03-07-2009, 05:26 AM
good luck with that...
hope u feel better soon...

NoodleMom
03-07-2009, 09:14 AM
Thanks guys. I am not in to much pain today. It seems to be healing nicely.

hatlady
03-07-2009, 10:17 AM
Glad to hear it is healing up - - I think Spanglish's idea of the cold 6-pack was a good one!
;^)

NoodleMom
03-07-2009, 12:07 PM
Yea I could go for that....if it wernt lethal to me

K

Saysusie
03-09-2009, 11:19 AM
Many Hugs......been there - done that! I hope you feel better soon :-)

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

NoodleMom
03-09-2009, 01:38 PM
I am feeling really good now. Only a little residual pain now and again.

K

Angel Oliver
03-09-2009, 01:42 PM
Oh super noodle im so glad to hear that. Dare i say it.....ive gone a couple of hours myself without any P--- in my 2 teeth. Oh it feels good. I wont say the word in case i jinx it.But so glad to hear your's is easing now.
You settled in now ok? Enjoying it?

Angel.xx

cherokee993
03-09-2009, 03:10 PM
I'm sorry! I just had one last month and still have some pain, but its not been capped off yet so I think that is why. I have a horrible mouth, my teeth are weak and breaking. ((HUGS)), cold packs and lots of warm thoughts!

NoodleMom
03-09-2009, 05:06 PM
Settled in? Are ya nuts? We are getting there but there are eight of us to settle in. I am getting closer to finding some things. Each day bring forth a new lost treasure. Ask me again around the 4th of July!!

K

Oh thanks for the well wishes.

Angel Oliver
03-09-2009, 05:08 PM
Ok :) will do :)

NoodleMom
03-09-2009, 08:35 PM
im gonna hold ya to it.

Angel Oliver
03-10-2009, 06:34 AM
Lets hope lethologica does'nt get in the way :) I will say it in my head every day until then.

DrinkofWtr
03-10-2009, 06:59 AM
I feel for you Noodle Mom. So far, I have had a couple of those over my lifetime. Once I had a cracked tooth that gave me a lot of trouble. Of course, the dentist didn't know it was cracked at the time. He claimed later that it didn't show in the X-ray. When I first had pain with the tooth, they gave me a root canal. Of course, that didn't help, so I suffered with it after the root canal for about another year, trying not to bite on it and trying to avoid too hot, or too cold food and beverages. Finally, I went back to the dentist and told him I was still suffering. That's when they found out it was cracked and they wanted to do another root canal. I said, not again. I just wanted it pulled out. I had a heck of a time getting a dentist who would just pull it out. I had to go to two or three before I could find one who would just pull it out.

In my experience, it seems that most the dentists' are so conservative in their practices that they can be overconservative. I am not sure, if part of that conservativeness isn't just to fatten their wallets. Anyway, to make a long story short, I suffered needlessly for a year with that cracked tooth and the root canal didn't even work. As I recall there was a 50/50 chance of it working to begin with. But I had it done the first time because I wanted to save the tooth, if possible. What an ordeal the whole experience was!