PDA

View Full Version : A question for those with Fibro

Faith
03-05-2009, 10:47 PM
Hi,

Does anyone ever get nerve pain in their toes? It's more of a tingling pain moving to the end of the toe under the nailbeds. I couldn't sleep last night due to the nerve pain. I was told by rhuemy it's probably fibro. My feet are always like ice which I was told is due to low circulation.

Thank you for your input.

Faith

mountaindreamer
03-06-2009, 06:00 AM
hi faith,

i too have fibro. I have a lot of pain at tips of toes. the covers especially hurt my toes, and the pain is at the very tips, around toe nail, and mostly on big toes. Never thought it was due to fibro....but who knows anymore.

I bought a gadget from the medical supply store, that fits at end of bed, the covers lay over this brace, and takes pressure off of my feet. It makes like a tent over my feet. this really helps...you might want to check into one of these. it was not expensive.

phyllis

Angel Oliver
03-06-2009, 07:27 AM
Oh good is that. I always have to pucker up the quilt away from my feet.If the quilt is fully on my feet and im lay on my back and my toes are pushed forward (i know what i mean lol ) i get such bad cramps, either in my feet or in my calfs....dont think you spell it like that. I will look out for one of those gadgets. Thanks.xxxxxxx

sick n tired
03-06-2009, 07:50 AM
I thought fibromyalgia was muscular, not nerve. The very name alone says that.
I have problems with the big toes, too and my feet. Right now it is not unilateral the problem I am having is only my right foot. I also have cold feet (But I have a warm heart lol)

mountaindreamer
03-06-2009, 01:09 PM
hello SNT

My fibro also affects my small connective tissue. For example, my ankles, wrists and knuckles each hurt, but not in the bone...but in tissue around joint. The pain that i get from covers on top of my feet will actually wake me up. It may not be fibro...but it is something, and i don't like it. yuk.

hope you have nice weather and hope you can enjoy it.

phyllis

Faith
03-06-2009, 04:57 PM
Hi Ladies,

Phyllis,

Thank you for the suggestion; I have never heard of that. I will have to check it out. My rheumy (well known) said it was fibro; I was taken back as well. I need to go back and read the book. It effects the nerves in your body as well as the muscular and surrounding tissues. I just thought maybe I was the only one with the symptom. I am sorry to hear there are several of you suffering from it. I have it in the big and little toes on both feet; drives me nuts!! There are quite a few of us that fall into the 5-10% that have Fibro as well as Lupus.

SNT,

I am totally with you there (I have a warm heart as well). lol. I was somewhat surprised to find out it affects the nerves as well from my rhuemy. I had a live nerve in my lower back in December and couldn't move. It explains a lot. The rhuemy said the wires and sensors go haywire and send out messages of pain to the nerves and tissue with fibro. Thank you for responding; we have even more in common. Have you found out anything on your tests for angina? New meds, surgery? I am praying for you.

Angel,

Thank you for sharing. I can't believe we all have this in common!! I keep learning something new everyday; hopefully I won't forget it (lol-fibrofog). Everyone knows how that is. lol. I wish I was more gifted in the Arcade department.

I hope everyone is having a painfree day. It's sunny and windy today, and looks like it's going to rain in California. My daughter's Gerber daisies are blooming; Spring must be around the corner.

God Bless,

Faith

Angel Oliver
03-06-2009, 05:00 PM
Hey you are better than me in the Arcade....i left you a little note in there he he he :) x

Saysusie
03-09-2009, 12:24 PM
It is common to find neuropathy in Fibromyalgia patients. The most common form found in FM patients is (symmetrical) peripheral polyneuropathy, which mainly affects the feet and legs. Recognition that fibromyalgia involves more than just pain has led to the more current use of the term "fibromyalgia syndrome". Not all affected persons experience all the symptoms associated fibromyalgia syndrome. Research conducted in the last thirty years has found that FM also causes abnormalities within the central nervous system affecting brain regions that may be the cause of many clinical symptoms.

I experience extreme pain in my toes, especially at the tips of my toes. Since I suffer from Lupus and FM, I cannot honestly say which condition is causing the pain. My rheumy says it could be a result of both conditions..which give me no comfort at all!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

mountaindreamer
03-09-2009, 10:03 PM
hi everyone,

i recommend that you all try this bracket that i have. I got it at my local medical supply store, i don't remember the price. It sits at the end of your bed, and one corner fits between mattress and box spring. Then you make the bed with the cover sheet and my blankets, etc. coming up over the top of the bracket. This forms a tent over your feet and keeps weight of covers off of the toes, and feet. this really gives me a lot of relief from some of the ankel pains.

My only problem is that the bracket is too short to cover my extremely puffy mattress. I can't use now, and can really tell the difference.

Anyway, you might want to try one///it was not expensive, but definitely worth whatever the cost.

phyllis