PDA

View Full Version : Rob - question on MS flares vs. lupus

sassydivaTN
03-04-2009, 07:11 AM
Just wondering what symptoms you get with each one..........and I know it may be hard to tell. You told me a little about your pain. My whole flare up is nothing but pain! Never anything else (no loss of function, numbness, vision changes, NOTHING - only pain!). Does this give any clues about what I might be dealing with??? I remain desperate - and in PAIN! :(((

Thanks again for your reply yesterday :))

Sassy

rob
03-04-2009, 08:01 PM
I would like to give you a solid, straightforward answer, but I can't. Honestly, I don't know what symptom belongs to which disease. I've been pondering your question since I saw it this morning, but I don't have any real answers. Pain is such a subjective thing. I hope you can find the answers you need. I can hear the desperation in your words. I want very much to help, but I don't know how to, I'm sorry. I get up most days wondering how much damage my body and mind has sustained since yesterday, and how many people have survived both Lupus and MS, and for how long. I have so many odd pain sensations, I don't know what causes which at this point. It's very confusing. I wish I could offer you more.

Please keep being proactive, and if there is some way that I can help, I will. There has to be an answer out there for you. Don't give up.

Rob

sick n tired
03-04-2009, 09:45 PM
Sassy I am so sorry you are in such pain. I hope that your doctor can at least get it to a dull roar until he can find a dx for you.

Rob...as usual you are in my prayers. I believe if anyone can survive both it will be you. Sassy I said a prayer for you, tonight, too.

sassydivaTN
03-05-2009, 07:01 PM
Rob, thank you so much for your kind post. I am so sorry that any of us have to deal with stuff like this. I can't imagine having to deal with multiple things. If I can find out the root of my pain (nerve vs. joint), I am convinced that I can find what works. The doctor's seem to just be guessing :(( I've decided I am going to have to be my own advocate and try to be more proactive in my quest to become pain-free :(( I did decide that because the pain was ONLY in the joint areas (back of neck, knees, elbows, ankles, wrists), it most likely is JOINT pain.........but that's just my best guess :((

Thanks for your words of support. I hope that YOU are hanging in there and have the same support from others that you have shown to me :))

Sassy

sassydivaTN
03-05-2009, 07:02 PM
Sassy I am so sorry you are in such pain. I hope that your doctor can at least get it to a dull roar until he can find a dx for you.

Rob...as usual you are in my prayers. I believe if anyone can survive both it will be you. Sassy I said a prayer for you, tonight, too.

THANKS, Tiger/sick n tired - I will definitely be THRILLED if it becomes a dull roar. Isn't that sad?!?!?!? Thanks for the positive vibes and words :)))

Sassy