PDA

View Full Version : Why do my feet hurt so badly? Hands too...

NoodleMom
03-03-2009, 07:32 PM
My feet are killing me. The heel especially on my right foot. The feel swollen and it feels like they are on fire. But to the touch they are fine.The pain in my heel even goes up to the side not just on the bottom.
Then there is my hands. Not so much pain as they are swollen and oh so dry. The tips of my fingers are sorta raggady and catch on threads and things. I am constantly drinking water and lotioning up. My lips are so dry also.

Okay Iguessb I have a laundry list going here. My mouth hurts. The roof feels all scraped up and my tongue feels burned but I have not drank or eaten anything that would burn my mouth.

Is anyone familar with any of this? What can I do....?

Just wanting to stop the ride...Im tired and want to get off.

K

mountaindreamer
03-03-2009, 07:50 PM
hi Kasey,

Do you take Omega3 tablets....your hands sound like they are very dry and chapped. I too have trouble with my feet, but my pain is more on the side of the ankle, swells, and pain goes up side of my leg.

As far as the roof of your mouth,and your tongue, have you discussed Sjorens with your dr.?

hope the laundry list gets smaller soon, and that you have a good day tomorrow.

phyllis

Rastagirl
03-03-2009, 08:55 PM
I see you changed your signature....I'm liking it!!

Don't know about the feet and hands, but in reference to your mouth issue...are you on antibiotics or Prednisone right now?

Have you ever had Thrush in your mouth before?

When I used to be on higher doses of steroids or on ANY antibiotics, I would always get thrush (oral yeast infection) in my mouth. It would cause the roof of my mouth to get really raw, with rough patches, sometimes even small blister sores if it went on long enough without treatment. It would make my tongue feel the same way, really sore and painful and like it was rough and something was coating it. Usually I would have the white patches that are telltale thrush on the insides of my cheeks, roof of mouth, and tongue. It would also affect my ability to taste food...kind of mess up my taste buds. And if it went on long enough, it would start to spread from the roof of my mouth backward towards my throat. My doc always prescribed Nystatin, a pink, swishy liquid medicine that you swish and hold in your mouth and then spit out. Always had to use it 4 times a day for a week to clear things up. There used to be a pill that could be prescribed also, but that never worked as well or as quickly for me...don't know if they still have that.

Not sure if this could be your problem, but from what you described, sounds like what I've gone through many times in the past.

Just a thought....

Lori :)

sick n tired
03-03-2009, 08:56 PM
Hey Kasey,

I had a problem with my feet last year. It was the achiles portion. The my left one was the worst. Taking time off of that portion helped but it took a while. When you are walking on an incline don't go up on the balls of your feet and things like that. I don't mean you can't walk, but try to take it easy and that is if it is what I had.
I would assume as the food is going straight through you and/or up again, you might be dehydrated. I hate it when I get that way. My hands, feet and all my face gets red and rough. I do what you are doing for it. Sorry I can't offer you some great help.
Blessings...

Faith
03-03-2009, 09:34 PM
Hi Noodlemom,

The foot pain, is it burning pain? I have had the burning pain in my feet. If I stop walking; it gets worse although if I continue it hurts as well but eventually goes away. I was told it all goes along with Fibro and neuropathy. The only thing that helped was infrared therapy from the physical therapist. I hope you find out soon.

Can you get into a neurologist? Just a suggestion. They ran EEG needles into my legs with electrical currents; the report was normal. My feet are non-reactive to the hammer and I was told by neuro that it's from Fibro since fibro effects the nerves, etc. It eventually progresses. I would definately check into it.

Take care,

Faith

rob
03-04-2009, 06:57 AM
I get the sort of pain you describe Kasey. I wish I had some advice, but nothing really helps me, I just have to ride it out. I get terrible scrapes on the roof of my mouth that are extremely painful. I try to avoid things like chips, toast, anything that will aggravate the inflamed area. It's a good excuse to eat ice cream.

NoodleMom
03-04-2009, 07:47 AM
Ice Cream, pudding, jello. Yum! yea rob those are things I do at times like this.

Its not yeast or thrush. I am familiar with what those look like.

What is Omega3? I am not familiar with that. What does it do?

Feet pain, not a burning pain. More like very swollen and hot. Last night I went out to have a smoke and put my hot swollen feet on the cold concrete. Oh that felt good. It was like 30 degrees outside.

Yes I am very dry. I try to drink a lot of water especially when I am actively dealing with diarhea. In other words when I go I drink a huge glass to replenish what I just lost. Make sense? My hands are very dry, yes. But there are times that they seem soo much more dry. They also feel swollen like my feet do.

I do believe that when my blood sugars are very high thats when I feel these symtoms more intensely. And they were pretty high. I had a cinnamon sugar pretzel earlier in the day. I didnt take any insulin cuz I had been fighting low blood sugars most of the day.

FWIW my feet and hands are better today. My mouth is not as tender right now. Of course it had an eight hour break when I slept. Not feeling as dry either. Im still dry but just now so much.

Thanks for all the replys. I hope I touched on each one. If not blame the guy behind the curtain....he took my brain.

Kasey

leaf
03-04-2009, 11:47 AM
i get the feet pain and the lips and roof of my mouth

I too like rob watch that i don't eat potato chips and stuff

man had a few weeks off of this mess just to have it all come back...i too want off of this ride

i was so sore the other night i could barely get myself ready for bed.
i am so sick and tired of being sick and tired.
leaf