PDA

View Full Version : i need some support

Yvette
03-03-2009, 05:18 PM
hello my name is yvette benavides i am currently 23 years old and i have been living with lupus for about 2 years know. i live with fear of not knowing what will happen to me and what this disease will do to me. i really need some friends that can offer me some support and tell me more about this disease because my family has no clue of what i am going through.

TobyJug
03-03-2009, 05:35 PM
hey and welcome...
well u have come to the right place plenty of good people here... who will understand exactly what u are going through because we are all in the same boat...

chin up and ask away....

Rastagirl
03-03-2009, 06:53 PM
Hello Yvette...

Just wanted to say Hi and welcome you to the site. I'm glad you've decided to join us.

We've all been right where you are...new to this Lupus and full of questions...and usually without anyone that really understands us. Most all of us have been waiting a long time to be understood, to find someone that listens and cares. That's why this site is like a breath of fresh air when you find it. A place where you feel understood and cared about because there are so many others that can relate to what you're going through.

You say you've been diagnosed for 2 years....do you have a good doctor, Rheumatologist that you see? Are you on any meds to control your Lupus or treat the symptoms? Have the first few years been a rough road?

Feel free to share what you'd like and ask your questions. There always seems to be someone here that can provide answers, as well as a compassionate, understanding heart. You are most defintely not alone.

Fondly,

Lori :)

mountaindreamer
03-03-2009, 07:43 PM
hi yvette,

welcome to a great group of people. There are several young ladies in the group, and i am sure you all will find many similarities. I too hope you have a very good rheumatologist. It is sometimes so difficult to find a dr. with compassion for what we go through....hope you have found one.

I am sorry that your "family does not have a clue", but this is normal. You might invite them to search some of the posts here on the forum. Also,, it would help them if they went to the dr. with you. There is no way for anyone to understand what we go through without having the disease....and we don't want to wish that on anyone.

Take care, I look forward to learning more about you.

phyllis

sick n tired
03-03-2009, 08:59 PM
Hey Yvette,

You came to the right place if you need someone to talk to. We are here for you....Many of us are in a similar boat as you...
BTW...I like your name. I used to teach a girl by that name and she was as beautiful as her name.

Angel Oliver
03-04-2009, 03:59 AM
Hi Yvette,

Just to say hi and welcome. I am glad you found us as you will see we will try our best to help and support you.Sending you gentle hugs.

Love
Angel.xxxx

Yvette
03-04-2009, 08:27 AM
hi rastagirl thank your for that warm welcome and i am currently taking care of my self i had a really good doctor but i am in the processes of replacing him because my last apppointment they canceled it gave me an appointment until a year from know and that isnt realy far to me because i need to be seen every three weeks. i was being injected with steroids but my doctor was starting to slow down with the steroids. so know i currently take cellcept, lyrica, plaquenil, and tramadol.
Hello Yvette...

Just wanted to say Hi and welcome you to the site. I'm glad you've decided to join us.

We've all been right where you are...new to this Lupus and full of questions...and usually without anyone that really understands us. Most all of us have been waiting a long time to be understood, to find someone that listens and cares. That's why this site is like a breath of fresh air when you find it. A place where you feel understood and cared about because there are so many others that can relate to what you're going through.

You say you've been diagnosed for 2 years....do you have a good doctor, Rheumatologist that you see? Are you on any meds to control your Lupus or treat the symptoms? Have the first few years been a rough road?

Feel free to share what you'd like and ask your questions. There always seems to be someone here that can provide answers, as well as a compassionate, understanding heart. You are most defintely not alone.

Fondly,

Lori :)

Oluwa
03-04-2009, 09:36 AM
Hi Yvette...

Welcome, welcome...how goes it today. I am Oluwa. I know the fear you feel. The unknown, the wondering...

In the forum..Lauri's Lounge..there are several 'Stickys', the top threads that will help you with caring for yourself. Caring for ourselves is one of the keys in controlling our disease..

About the disease and what it is capable of doing, we are all different...some have organ involvement, other just joints. Some have been in remission for years, others flare weekly....

A great read is The Lupus Book by Daniel Wallace, MD. Have you read it. Very detailed about the disease....

And here...we are friends, to listen, help with any questions..to love, to lift you. We understand what you are going through, being misunderstood,..the frustration, the pain....

Read about,..post in the forum....post on individual profile page. There are private messaging to type one on one.

Enjoy the arcade to distract your mind..I find if I focus on one thing, like reading, games...it helps to forget about the pain...even if it is for the hour. An hour without thinking about it.....

See you about the boards...again welcome..hugs.
Keep well, be well.
Love,
Oluwa

Saysusie
03-04-2009, 10:12 AM
You have already received a warm welcome from many of our members and have been given some great advice. I just wanted to take a moment to add my welcome and to let you know that you are not alone when you are here with us.

Again...welcome

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

Grime
03-04-2009, 01:17 PM
Hi,
Welcome. The support here is wonderful. I have only been here a short time. I see that you are in Brownsville. I'm just up the coast in Port O'Connor. If you even just need to talk drop me a PM and I'll give you my phone number. I'm new to Lupus but have a good ear.

Maybe we need to start a Texas coastal Lupus support. We could all get together in C.C.

Take care,
David

cherokee993
03-04-2009, 02:06 PM
Welcome, you are not alone. This is a great place for support and information, help on the journey through this disease process.

HUGS!

Yvette
03-04-2009, 04:16 PM
Hello saysusie that you for your welcome i really appritiate
your welcome and i feel very welcomed in your club again thank you .
you have already received a warm welcome from many of our members and have been given some great advice. I just wanted to take a moment to add my welcome and to let you know that you are not alone when you are here with us.

Again...welcome

peace and blessings
namaste
saysusie

sick n tired
03-04-2009, 10:40 PM
hey yvette,

I also live in Texas, though I am in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex. My mom, sister and brother are in Corpus Christi. It is nice to meet yet another person from Texas. I feel so alone up here...Get in touch and talk whenever you need.

DrinkofWtr
03-05-2009, 08:52 AM
I suggest taking your illness one day at a time. Try not to worry about the future with this illness because worrying doesn't do any good. It just causes stress which is not good for you or the illness. Anyway, the lupus affects each of us differently. According to the lupus group I used to go to says, the two things "we lupies" all have in common is joint pain and fatigue.

Angel Oliver
03-19-2009, 05:19 PM
Hi Yvette,

How you been doing.Let us all know.We always think of you.

Love
Angel.xx

Faith
03-19-2009, 07:55 PM
Hi Yvette,

Welcome to our family forum. If you have any questions, many of us will try to answer them as best as we can. Take one day at a time, and feel free to ask any questions that you may have.

God Bless,

Faith

brandichi
03-20-2009, 12:52 PM
Hi Yvette,

Just wanted to say hi and welcome! I'm another new member here, and I look forward to getting to know you. I understand completely about the fear. I was diagnosed at the end of 2006, and the fear still hits me when I go into a major flare, or when something new comes up. What helps me is to remember that lots of people out there are leading full, happy lives with lupus, and that although we are going to go through flares and challenges, we are stronger than we think and we can make it through each and every challenge. And even times we don't think we can do it because the fear is so much, there are lots of other people who can believe it for us. Many times, just knowing that helps me a lot.

So I'm sending you a hug and hope you're having an easier day today.

Jesse
03-21-2009, 04:11 PM
Hi! I just wanted to add my welcome. Sorry you have to be here, but you are at the right place. We will understand you and your challenges like no one else can who does not face the same struggle. We'll be here for you when you need us and you'll never have to face lupus alone. We're all in this together and we are an AMAZING group, LOL.

ashleybaby715
03-21-2009, 06:07 PM
hi there. just know that on here, we are all your friends! dont feel alone, we are all going through the same thing, and understand whaty our feeling! im new with this lupus thing, [[was diagnosed January of 2009]] but trust me, i know what your going through!
so no worries! any questions that you have....ask away! we will answer! :]

tasha
03-23-2009, 11:31 AM
hi yvette! we are all in your same boat... it's scary not knowing the course this crazy disease will take!

i'm also 23, and was just diagnosed in january. i hope you are managing well and aren't in too much pain...