PDA

View Full Version : Off topic but sharing! I'm soooo excited!!!!!!!!!!!

cherokee993
03-02-2009, 12:41 PM
YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so excited! I just checked online for my grades since my term just ended and my new one starts today...and guess what? I got another A! I'm not one to toot my horn usually but I can't help but share. Heck I'd be happy with a passing grade but an A woohoo!

So this means since September when I started graduate school I've had four courses and gotten an A in every one!! And I'm a mommy, wife and full time nurse! Plus there is the whole autoimmune disease crap going on LOL! HOLY CRAP! No wonder I'm so tired...LOL but seriously, I'm just so excited!

My next class that starts today is one I'm really interested in, it is Holistic nursing, the class is called Healing therapies in Nursing practice. I'm so excited! I think this one will be interesting (the last one was informatics and was kinda boring to me LOL!).

Anyway just wanted to share!

Angel Oliver
03-02-2009, 01:55 PM
OH Congratulations....well done :)

How fantastic are you...well done. Its so lovely to read your fab news. You enjoy your new holistic classes too. :)

Love
Angel.xxxx

rob
03-02-2009, 02:14 PM
Hi Amy,

You can talk about anything you like in Lauri's Lounge, so please don't worry about being off topic. As far as tooting your own horn, I say go for it! Indeed, passing grades would be more than acceptable with all things considered, but to pull off straight A's across the board is an accomplishment you have every right to be proud of. And for others to read about your success despite Lupus is an inspiration, and gives hope. Congratulations!

Rob

BonusMom
03-02-2009, 02:40 PM
Atta girl Amy! You deserve each and every one of those A's!

Saysusie
03-02-2009, 02:42 PM
That is, indeed, something for you to be proud of...so you deserve to be thrilled about your grade and we are thrilled for you.
You are right, considering all that you have on your plate...getting "A"s in all of your classes so far is an accomplishment to be shouted out to everyone!

Many Congratulations!!

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

mountaindreamer
03-02-2009, 03:33 PM
hooooray for Amy,

congrats to you.....what a wonderful achievement....get someone to pat you on your back for yourself.....you deserve it.

wishing you spring flowers,
phyllis

kducks
03-02-2009, 03:41 PM
Congrats! It's great you are able to handle all of that on top of being sick. Keep up the good work! :)

sick n tired
03-03-2009, 12:04 PM
Congrats Amy...I know how hard it is to think with Autoimmune problems much less with kids...go for it!!!!!

tiggerlishus - Heidi
03-03-2009, 01:00 PM
Congrats Amy

thats great news was wondering if you had any tips to help you remember things?? i am studing myself and was doing great but brain fog and memory have just got really bad recently and failed last exam (its ok can resit!!) but could do with some tips as i have invested so much time effort and money in it all!! i soo want to be able to get myself out of this rut of benefits and get myslef back in to the working world!! well hope to hear from you soon well done you deserve all the praise!!

mountaindreamer
03-03-2009, 01:05 PM
hi tiggerlishus-Heidi

I wonder if you have a disability protection law in england. You might want to go to the counselor at your school, and see if any provisions can be made for you to help you be able to pass your schoolwork. Maybe you will find a compassionate person who will find a way to help you....good luck....keep up the good work.

Angel Oliver
03-03-2009, 03:52 PM
Heidi,

Just a thought and im not sure if im 100% right here....but contact Jobcentre Plus.They may be able to contact a place called Shawtrust. Just mention it to them about you sitting exams and your illness and that you need advice and help so you can eventually get into some type of work. I am sure they'll point you in the right direction. If you need a number let me know and i'll get if for you. You can still get benefits and when you are ready for working no matter how long it takes, they will pay you 40 a week for a year as well.So thats benefits + work +40 a week as long as you work somewhere, i think even a few hours. Give em a call, cause im sure they could help with you doing exams and stuff. If im wrong, i apologise now.....but you never know i could be right.

love
Angel.xx

Rastagirl
03-03-2009, 10:35 PM
Congratulations on your 'A'....each one of your A's. That is cause to celebrate and cheer from the rooftops for sure. You deserve to toot your own horn long and hard for all your hard work paying off. And be sure to throw in an extra loud toot right in the face of Lupus.

Well Done!! :)

Hugs,

Lori

Mary Jane
03-03-2009, 10:41 PM
Congratulations!!!! It's hard enought to work full-time and go to school...let alone take care of a family and have this crazy illness. It's worth tooting your own horn over.

Mary Jane

tiggerlishus - Heidi
03-04-2009, 03:03 AM
Hi Mountaindeamer
thank you for advice they are quite understanding so far they have given me longer on exams but that can make them to long to consintrate get very tired quickly and i get to be in room on my own so that i can move about and stretch which as worked up untill last exam but have now got some index cards to help me remember things and was just wondering if amy or any one else had any tips?? but thank you might see if there is any other way college can help me! have to add well done again to amy xx

tiggerlishus - Heidi
03-04-2009, 03:07 AM
thanks angel oliver will look in to that any help is good will lete you know how it goes xx

leaf
03-04-2009, 11:50 AM
Wow nice...Hey it cheered me up....good news is good news and good luck with this nursing course
leaf

cherokee993
03-04-2009, 05:53 PM
thanks angel oliver will look in to that any help is good will lete you know how it goes xx

Good luck! I can say I don't know how I would do with memorization. Thankfully this course that i'm taking doesn't involve major tests, its mostly papers and that kind of thing so its a bit easier since I do it from home and don't have to sit in a room with others and try to focus. Back in nursing school having this disease would have been very hard b/c of all the memorization but thankfully I did not get this until afterwards.

I would say index cards are helpful. Finding your method of learning is helpful too. I need to write things down to help get them in my head so I often write notes even when I have things in front of me like print outs. I just like to reinforce the information in my head!

Good luck!

tiggerlishus - Heidi
03-05-2009, 05:17 AM
thanks cherokee993
yer itry to write things down as much as possible xx good luck in all you've got coming up xxx

DrinkofWtr
03-05-2009, 08:18 AM
Dear Cherokee:

Good for you! According to my daughter who graduated from graduate school a few years ago, grades are really important in graduate school. She had to have at least a B average just to remain in grad school! Of course, I don't know if that is the case where you go the school, but she always had that "B" average thing hanging over her. Again, congratulations.

hatlady
03-05-2009, 01:58 PM
Congratulations amy!!!!!!!