PDA

View Full Version : oral ulcer relieve!

KATROACH1972
03-02-2009, 11:05 AM
Hey, does anyone else get ulcers in their nose, mouth, ears? If you do what helps!

rob
03-02-2009, 11:16 AM
I have them in my nose alot. I put a dab of Carmex up in there and although it smells funny, it does help the ulcers to subside a bit quicker, and it keeps moisture in there so I don't get as many nosebleeds. I get sores in my mouth too, but I haven't found much that helps except for a very temporary numbness that topical anesthetics give.

KATROACH1972
03-02-2009, 11:23 AM
Thanks Rob! I thought about putting Vicks in my nose lastnight! Was pretty desperate!lol I'll try the carmex. This time of year its worse for me becuase of wacked out Texas weather. Again thanks for advice Kathy

Angel Oliver
03-02-2009, 02:08 PM
Oh yes....the nose sores and the mouth ulcers. I just use bonjela for the mouth and rinse with Cordesol.For my nose i got some ointment from the Doctor called Mupirocin, but you carnt buy it over the counter.

I hope yours gets better soon.Vicks will make your eyes water though i bet, so maybe vaseline until you can get something from the doctor or chemist.

Hope i helped :)

Love
Angel.xxx

sarahp
03-02-2009, 02:12 PM
Hi Kathy, Oh yes the dreaded ulcers :mad:
I used to get them up my nose and on my gums alot but since being on plaquenil i dont get them as much. I do still get them on my tongue though and they are very sore...ouch
Lov sarah x

rob
03-02-2009, 02:20 PM
Another product I use for my nose and sores on my lips is that stuff in the old fashioned green tin can called Bag Balm. As long as you don't mind using something originally intended for cow teats, it really works well. It also has mild antiseptic qualities which Carmex does not have.

KATROACH1972
03-02-2009, 03:09 PM
Thats neat Rob! I actually got that bag balm in grren can! Got it for cracked heels. I never thought about using it . Thanks for all you alls suggestions

Saysusie
03-02-2009, 03:32 PM
Rob;
That is so funny...that is exactly what I use on the inside of my nose every night in order to relieve that pain of the ulcers I get.
BTW...bag balm also works great on elbows, knees, the heels of your feet. I've also used it on my leather purses (lol).

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

Rastagirl
03-02-2009, 03:50 PM
So Rob, as long as we've got milking cows on the planet, the Bag Balm will stick around, huh?

I grew up with Bag Balm....it was always in the bathroom drawer right next to the 'Dippity Doo'... :)

Katroach....I've found nose sores respond pretty well to a tiny dab of Neosporin applied with a Qtip. Helps mine heal a lot quicker.

Lori :)

KATROACH1972
03-02-2009, 06:52 PM
Don't take this wrong way, but I am glad to know i'm not the only one that has those dumb things! On top of 90 other stranger then fiction symptoms! lol

sick n tired
03-03-2009, 12:19 PM
Bag balm? Thanks for the info...I hate the ones in my nose.

Katroack...count me in as one who suffers from these ulcer problems...ugh

BonusMom
03-03-2009, 01:15 PM
Another product I use for my nose and sores on my lips is that stuff in the old fashioned green tin can called Bag Balm. As long as you don't mind using something originally intended for cow teats, it really works well. It also has mild antiseptic qualities which Carmex does not have.

I use Bag Balm on my lips, feet and hands. Works like a charm!