PDA

View Full Version : Tell me why do blokes not reall post...

TobyJug
03-02-2009, 07:19 AM
I am wondering...
I mean what goes on in their head, me and Rob post away just like everyone else it just seems that men find it a lot harder to talk about things or are embarrest...
I don't know was just wondering why they don't really post or post a couple times and then just stay away.....

How many regular mail posters have we got?

rob
03-02-2009, 10:37 AM
I think we have 3 who post on a more or less regular basis,

You, Larz77, and me. There are a couple of new guys I hope decide to stick around and post on a regualr basis. I've always wondered why more men don't speak up about having Lupus and living with it. Maybe they are put off by the whole "woman's disease" stigma. Personally, I've never had trouble talking openly with anyone about anything really. I wish St. James was still posting here on a regualr basis. He's still a moderator here, and I like to think I'm only filling in for him in that role until he returns, but he has so many health problems on top of Lupus, I don't know if he'll be back anytime soon. He's a Vietnam Vet, and wasn't afraid to make his thoughts and opinions known. He is one helluva motivational speaker. Maybe someday he'll come back on a regular basis.

JohnnyBGood
03-02-2009, 11:55 AM
Not sure about others, but sometimes it feels to me like I am just whining about something I can't change... Sometimes I begin to or intend to write, then I think twice and feel that I am just whining so I just go back into my shell and forget about it... I know that it is not the right thing to do.. but that is just me (or maybe it is a guy thing).

Angel Oliver
03-02-2009, 02:00 PM
Ok im know im not a guy.....but wanted to say.....please dont think you are ever whining. You get it off your mind and you will see it will change it. Yes it wont cure it....but you will begin to feel that little bit better inside.

love
Angel.xx

Saysusie
03-02-2009, 02:48 PM
On WeHaveLupus..there is no such thing as WHINING!!! This is a heinous disease and, when it affects men, it is usually a much more severe disease. So, for a man to come here and post about symptoms, how he feels, how the entire ordeal is affecting him..that is never, ever seen as whining. It is seen as a justifiable complaint, comment, or idea. Also, I really need to hear a man's perspective of this disease, so I appreciate every post.

ROB;
Sorry my friend, even when St. James gets to a place where his illness allows him to rejoin us....you are still going to be our full-time moderator. We are not letting you go and there is no escaping us (lol)

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

mountaindreamer
03-02-2009, 03:30 PM
I have learned, from being a member of this group, that Lupus knows no boundaries. Oceans, Color, Religious Preferences, Gender.....none of these separate us.....we are here for ourselves and we are here for each other.

Besides, I would much rather spend my time with "nice guys", so keep posting.

Phyllis

gina
03-03-2009, 08:37 AM
regardless of sex, lupus stinks. its a disease there still trying to figure out. at least now they have some meds that work for people. i don't call it whinning i call it venting and we need to do that with people who understand what going on. people who don't have don't fully understand thats why we need a support group. good luck

rob
03-03-2009, 10:49 AM
ROB;
Sorry my friend, even when St. James gets to a place where his illness allows him to rejoin us....you are still going to be our full-time moderator. We are not letting you go and there is no escaping us (lol)

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

Thanks Saysusie, It's nice to be needed. As far as whining goes, I don't think it's whining if you have a legitimate problem, and Lupus along with all the nasty things associated with it, is certainly a legitimate problem.

Rob

sick n tired
03-03-2009, 12:30 PM
St. James is back so you can add him to the blokes!!!!!

Nobody even looks at rants, vents, etc...as whining here...Thank God because it isn't that way out in the real world with Normals.