PDA

View Full Version : snow in the south

mountaindreamer
03-01-2009, 12:50 PM
hi everyone,

it is snowing in Georgia.....probably won't be tomorrow, but we take what we can get.

BonusMom
03-01-2009, 01:50 PM
Woo hoo! We had snow where I live (Northern Cali) a couple of weeks ago. Tucker, our dog, was prancing around. It was hilarious! And because it was a Friday, school was cancelled. It didn't last too long, but fun while it lasted!

Rastagirl
03-01-2009, 03:21 PM
Woo hoo! Doing my 'Happy Snow Dance' for ya, Mountain.

We don't get a lot of snow either....so when it comes...even a little...we shut down the town and celebrate!! (Just kidding...they won't let us shut down the town) But I do actually have a dance special for the snow. :) It's always a nice change from the grey, drab surroundings we get for days on end. Perks up the spirit....

Enjoy your 'white' March 1st...

Lori :)

sick n tired
03-01-2009, 05:36 PM
Wow snowing in Georgia? Cool...It doesn't snow here hardly at all and when it does it usually never sticks so enjoy!!!!

rob
03-01-2009, 05:55 PM
I have a two for one sale on used snow if anyone is interested. We're overstocked here, and all inventory must go.

BonusMom
03-01-2009, 06:09 PM
I have a two for one sale on used snow if anyone is interested. We're overstocked here, and all inventory must go.

Here in Cali, they're calling for saving water and the dreaded "D" word.......drought. If that's the case, grocery prices will raise through the roof. But, as I type this, it has been raining ALL day :)

mountaindreamer
03-01-2009, 06:22 PM
hi everyone,

yes, i did a twirling snow dance....felt so good. We got about inches, is beautiful, the kids were playing everywhere....made for a nice day in bed, watching mother nature lay a white blanket over everything.....

then, as soon as the snow quit, we had the most incredible lavendar sunset....i have never seen the sky so vivid....was really a beautiful day.

phyllis

rob
03-01-2009, 06:22 PM
Here in Cali, they're calling for saving water and the dreaded "D" word.......drought. If that's the case, grocery prices will raise through the roof. But, as I type this, it has been raining ALL day :)

It's snowing here right now. We are supposed to have anywhere from 1 to 2 feet by morning. There's already about 3 feet of snow on the ground from our last storm. Spring cannot come soon enough.

mountaindreamer
03-01-2009, 06:24 PM
hi rob, you are getting tooooo much snow. I understand that the storm that hit us today is headed your way....hope it does not build up tooo much strength. During the snow, the wind was blowing, it was thundering and lightning. Was a strange day.

phyllis

rob
03-01-2009, 06:40 PM
hi rob, you are getting tooooo much snow. I understand that the storm that hit us today is headed your way....hope it does not build up tooo much strength. During the snow, the wind was blowing, it was thundering and lightning. Was a strange day.

phyllis

Thunder and lightning during a snowstorm is something you don't see often. Kinda cool.

BonusMom
03-01-2009, 06:46 PM
Hey Phyllis

I Just saw Georgia on the news--what a wonderful treat for all the kids to play in :) A great way to spend Sunday, watching it snow and the kids playing while drinking a cup of hot cocoa from the inside of your nice warm house.

Lookout Rob, cause NBC's weather guy Jeff Ranieri (who got his start in SacTown BTW) said the northeast is going to catch heck.

Oh, the joys of Mother Nature!