PDA

View Full Version : We moved yesterday.

NoodleMom
03-01-2009, 09:05 AM
and oh boy am I tired. We had tons of help. It was wonderful. People packing, loading, cooking food, cleaning, unloading, unpacking, arranging, organizing and feeding us.

We are now living in a 100 y/o Victorian style house. It is wonderful. We are no longer stacked on top of each other. There is room to spread out now. I feel so blessed. The only issue is the heating. It really isnt an issue as much as it is something we need to learn about and make the right choices in order to not have our gas bill skyrocket. We have radiator heat in every room. It really doesnt make it as warm as I need. We are using space heaters in a couple of rooms as well as in the kids rooms upstairs but that scares me because I am terrified of a fire. Right now I am sitting under my electric blanket to warm up.

Just want you all to share in my happiness.

Kasey

Angel Oliver
03-01-2009, 09:13 AM
Oh i feel the excitement...yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :)

Im so glad you are finally in that Victorian house....how exciting. Get some hot water bottles in to save on bills when you do not need them on.I understand your worries about bills and fires. Try not to panic. It's all new. Give it time and youll get to know what heaters to have on and stuff and when. Im always cold except at night when i seem to over heat for no reason. My feet are cold now and are numb. But i usually sit with a hot water bottle.

Im so glad you had people helping you. How exciting this time is for you.A new beginning. You enjoy it and try not to worry too much, even though i know its easier said than done.

Im sending you your card now------------>

To Noodlemom and family,

Welcome to your new home. I hope you make many happy memories here and are so happy.

Love Angel.xxxxxxx

BonusMom
03-01-2009, 10:29 AM
How exciting for your family to have a new home to spread out in! And, to have a lots of help to boot with the move--that's terrific! Glad you were able to find your electric blanket the first day :)

mountaindreamer
03-01-2009, 01:19 PM
hi kasey,

thank you for sharing your happiness. I love old victorian style homes.....enjoy making it your home with your touches.

phyllis

Rastagirl
03-01-2009, 03:10 PM
Hi Kasey...

Glad to hear you're all moved...what a huge chore. Sounds like you did it the right way though...with lots of help and friends. I'm happy for you and your family. Doesn't if feel so good to have a bit more room for everyone to breathe...to move around...have their own space?

I can almost hear your big sigh of relief. I've been there and know how good it feels when it's all done and you can actually sit down.

Don't forget to take care of yourself these next few days...I'm sure even with all the help, you worked yourself pretty hard. So rest up...relax...and enjoy the new home.

Congratulations...and may this new home be a place where your family can be safe, happy, and blessed.

Fondly.............Lori :)