PDA

View Full Version : Today is the day...........wooohooo!!!

iseedeadmonkeys
02-28-2009, 05:20 AM
Well its come to the day where i meet my first person with SLE, im sooo nervous but so excited :)

I should really be cracking on with getting packed etc as im being picked up in an hour :D
It should be a really good w/e :D im sure il be ok tis Heidi after all but in 2 years still not met anyone with it!! crazy to think theres 3 in 10,000 people in the uk with SLE dont ya think?,

Well anyway i must go and sort my self out, i will be taking my camera :D and bringing back loads of pics to upl load in my album so watch this space.......

Peace to you all, and have a lovely w/e

ISDM
xx

p.s i think the a few drinks are in order!! (i know i said i dont drink anymore but this w/e is an acception right?)

tiggerlishus - Heidi
02-28-2009, 05:53 AM
It is soo exciting isn't it!!! noo need to be nervous i won't bite honest!! :p

its crraaazzyyyy so many of us!! it obvious this just proves you can't tell whos ill/disabled adn whos not!!!

heres to such a wicked time i will have my camra on me too soo look out for double photos!!!:D

see you in two hours i must go get ready too!! woop woop!! hehe

rob
02-28-2009, 07:20 AM
Wow,

It's not often we get to meet others with Lupus, and it's even less often that two people who are members here get to meet in person. Awesome stuff. You two have a great time together, and enjoy yourselves, you deserve it.

Rob

tiggerlishus - Heidi
02-28-2009, 07:52 AM
thanks rob we will doo!! hopefully one day we're be able have some huge thing and meet many more!! may be alupie loo weekend party!! lol:p

Rastagirl
02-28-2009, 10:58 AM
Have fun, girls........

Hope your weekends a blast...

Lori :)

hatlady
02-28-2009, 02:08 PM
Can't wait to hear all about it! Have a grand time!

tiggerlishus - Heidi
03-01-2009, 12:54 AM
was great night we both suffering this morning thou!!!! ooowwww me head!!! :-s

TobyJug
03-01-2009, 03:54 AM
hehehehe hope the recovery goes well today....
:P

Angel Oliver
03-01-2009, 08:28 AM
Oh how exciting.Im glad you had a great time. I look forward to reading about it and seeing the photos. Sending you both gentle head hugs :)

Love
Angel.xxx

iseedeadmonkeys
03-01-2009, 12:32 PM
Oh it really was a great w/e im soo pleased we finally did it, and was quite funny as we were getting the same symptoms at the same time, poor Norma must of thought we both missed our banana boat lol, the food was great, oh heidi i forgot to pay for my meal so when you come to me il buy you lunch :)
I took out 50 and spent 8 lol :D Cant belive norma paid for all our Sambucca's how many did we have? it seemed like every time i came back from the toilet there was another on the table!! haha, Your landlady is a right hoot i like her my kinda person, and your other friends there were all nice too, thank you so much for making my w/e heidi i look forward to the lupus retreat even more ;)

ISDM
xx P.s im thinking of changing my user name to iseedrunkmonkeys.....how would i go about changing it?

mountaindreamer
03-01-2009, 01:06 PM
yeah girls,

what a treat.....i know you had a great time...//. and heidi, now you have to go back to Janes.....she owes you lunch....ha ha ha

i cherish the laughs we get on this site.....i know you girls could share some good stories.

sarahp
03-01-2009, 03:14 PM
Hi Heidi & Jane...so glad that you had a great night ;)
I have seen the photos on FB and they are great. Its so lovely to meet and make friends with others that understand isn't it ?
Keep on smiling :D

Lov Sarah xx

BonusMom
03-01-2009, 06:59 PM
I am so glad you two got to meet one another. I am hoping that Mary Jo and I might be able to meet as we're less than two hours apart :)

I am looking forward to attending a support group this month that's coordinated by Lupus Foundation of America so I can meet others with Lupus. DH has a cousin with Fibro and SLE, who is now in remission. I don't know if she's always been 'lupie" but I find it rather difficult to have much of a conversation with her about SLE (or anything else).

I am so thankful for this forum and being able to connect with others that are having similar issues. I'd really be going stir crazy without y'all to bounce things off of because doctors don't have time to listen to our "petty" concerns and our families don't want to hear it. Maybe it's not that they don't want to listen, it's just that they have no idea how to fix or help us.

iseedeadmonkeys
03-02-2009, 05:34 AM
I know what you mean its really hard when families cant find the words to have the convo about it all, drives me up the wall also, must be annoying talking to someone who has it and wont "open up" annoying!!

maybe this is the start for other ppl to get together whatever state your in, i live in hertfordshire, and its border off essex (where heidi lives) so its like a 50 min drive to her house, her mate picked me up and bought me there and took me home again, (how sweet)
So comeon ppl crack on with meeting WHL folk, i have plans to meet others on here too like bristish folk ;)

ISDM
xx

tiggerlishus - Heidi
03-02-2009, 08:26 AM
You nana i didn't really pay for them either as had that voucher for doing that art work!! so don't worry except for getting 5 pounds worth of food in i didn't spend a penny either!! it why i got you dinner!
looknig forward to next time!! xx

tiggerlishus - Heidi
03-02-2009, 08:49 AM
You nana i didn't really pay for them either as had that voucher for doing that art work!! so don't worry except for getting 5 pounds worth of food in i didn't spend a penny either!! it why i got you dinner!
looknig forward to next time!! xx

sick n tired
03-02-2009, 10:19 AM
Hey Iseedeadmonkeys....lol I am not sure if that other snobbish site that hated your name will like Iseedrunkmonkeys even better...lol

Glad that you both had a great time. I feel like I am alone where I am. I wish I could have a friend who really, I mean REALLY, understands.

iseedeadmonkeys
03-02-2009, 04:32 PM
i guess your right! il just keep my mouth shut i think!

lol its all good in the hood im still here (just) ahaha

ISDM
xxx