PDA

View Full Version : Ow!! Ow!!! Owie!!!! Ouch!!!!!!!!

NoodleMom
02-26-2009, 07:28 PM
BANGED MY HEAD ON THE DRESSER DRAWER I JUST OPENED.

Ok I smell dog poo. So Im thinking that even to she is trained to go outside she may have had an accident under my bed. She was spayed last weak and has a belly full of stitches which by the she is milkin for all its worth but that a whole other thread.

So i get my aching body out of bed. Look in the drawer and find my flashlight. Ok the dresser is right next to the bed, I get down on my hands and knees(no easy feat I tell ya) and crawl up toward the head of the bed. Now my poor unsuspecting brain fogged head is directly under the drawer. After looking under my bed and discovering there is no dog poo only shredded tissue I pick up all the tissue I can reach. Ellie is a very good tissue shredder. She has decided that she is going to save us from the mean whole tissues. She does a very good job too. I begin to get up only to smash my poor unsuspecting head into the drawer causing said drawer to crash to the floor.

Now the only thing on my body that didnt hurt (the back of my head) hurts too.
I am not only brain fogged I am brain damaged also!!
My poor little brain.

K

lmangusrn
02-26-2009, 07:45 PM
LOL I laughed so hard when I read your post. You sound like me. What kind of dog do you have? I know what you mean about not being able to move well and then having to clean up soemthing you think you shouldn't have to do. I hope the head is better and that things are looking up for you.

rob
02-26-2009, 10:36 PM
OK, I went outside today to clean the latest results of our last snowstorm off of the roof. Been having problems lately with my vision going into odd colors after being outside with the glare from all the snow. But, it's overcast, and not too glaring, so I go do my duty. I'm raking the roof with this 20 foot long garden hoe looking thing when a ton of built up ice comes rumbling to the ground. No problem, that's what I was hoping for. So, it looks as though the last of it has fallen, and the coast is clear. Suddenly this huge chunk of ice slides down and lands on my head. It breaks into pieces and I'm kinda walking funny seeing stars. My father was here working on his car in my garage when I walk in and sit down. He rolls out from under the car on a creeper, and looks at me. I tell him to look at the growing bump on my forehead from this chunk of ice that hit me. He looks at me for a second, and says "Well, at least you didn't shoot your eye out like Ralphie in A Christmas Story", and promptly rolls back under his car and gets back to work.

Angel Oliver
02-27-2009, 08:25 AM
Well i know at this point i should be giving you both sympathy that you well deserve....but i carnt cause you made me laugh so much i nearly weed.lol :) Hope you both are ok.....but thanks for the chuckles :)

Love
Angel.xxx

hatlady
02-27-2009, 08:28 AM
Yep, what Angel said. Thanks for starting my day off with a laugh!

(However, I will say OUCH! for both of you and suggst a nice cup of tea...)

rob
02-27-2009, 09:13 AM
I laughed so hard after my Dad said that, that it made the bump worth it. It doesn't look too bad today. I put a cold pack on it and took some tylenol. No problem.

Angel Oliver
02-27-2009, 09:29 AM
So brave :)

sick n tired
02-27-2009, 09:46 AM
I agree...sorry for your pain, but I laughed also...laughter is the best medicine...and Rob...I am glad you didn't shoot your eye out. :-)

NoodleMom
02-27-2009, 09:48 AM
My bump still hurts. Tender to the touch.

Sorry Rob that you got whacked by that ice. Your Dad sounds like a Character,

K

Angel Oliver
02-27-2009, 09:57 AM
Ah, sending you gentle hugs and hope it gets better soon. But it was still funny :)

kducks
02-27-2009, 10:31 AM
Wow you all sound like me. I swear I have permanent bruises from all the things I run into. My poor left knee is still aching this week after I walked right into my car door with it when I was getting gas last Friday. Don't ask me how I do, it's a talent of mine. :)

mountaindreamer
02-27-2009, 10:41 AM
had to join in on this one.... i laughed so hard at your stories. I had a funny happen to me while on the road this week. I thought at the time that i needed to share it, but now i can't remember what happened....so i will just laugh some more at you guys.

Hope both heads are better....and rob, i am glad you still have your eye, even if it is seeing red....

angel, it makes my heart smile to hear laughter in your words.

cheers to all,
phyllis

lmangusrn
02-27-2009, 06:06 PM
I think that I have laughed so hard with both your posts. Anyway I do hope you are both doing okay. I know how hard it is to heal up from a little bump and even though it's a little funny I think we all wish you both well.

sick n tired
02-27-2009, 09:33 PM
Hey Noodlemom...as humerous as the story was...you did put ice on your head, right...wouldn't want to have any problems there. Sorry that your head is tender now. I think it is great that you can share a mishap as humor, though. :-) It is sometimes difficult to see the humor in all this and if I stubbed my toe or banged my head I might not be smiling...I will remember this and hopefully have a better attitude next time. :-)

NoodleMom
03-01-2009, 08:47 AM
Hey Noodlemom...as humerous as the story was...you did put ice on your head, right...wouldn't want to have any problems there. Sorry that your head is tender now. I think it is great that you can share a mishap as humor, though. :-) It is sometimes difficult to see the humor in all this and if I stubbed my toe or banged my head I might not be smiling...I will remember this and hopefully have a better attitude next time. :-)
Ice? Oh yeah, went over to Robs and got some of the ice that whacked him in the noggin.
As far as problems go.....I have my trusty little red notebook to write in. It is my brain. I keep in it my pocket so I dont lose it.

Gettin smarter every day!

DrinkofWtr
03-02-2009, 09:08 AM
Just be careful with head injuries, Angel. I banged my head on the top of my car when driving in a field with bumps of earth on it and ended up with a concussion.

sick n tired
03-02-2009, 09:12 AM
Hey Noodlemom,

It does occur that Rob didn't even need to put ice on his head as it was already there...how thoughtful :-)
I, also, have my brain in my purse..lol