PDA

View Full Version : All natural energy.. anyone know?????

purplepinkgirl
02-24-2009, 12:33 PM
Has anyone ever heard of this or does anyone take it. Hi, My mother's friend and her family take Isotonix opc-3. they have all told me this has helped their health issues by giving them alot of energy. This elder women began taking it and she started to feel better and move alot more than she did before. i visit the rhuemy every 8 weeks for blood work, so I just started this past sunday. next visit i will see if my inflammatory has gone down and how my blood work and energy has changed. I have done my research and the product does not seem as if it will harm me but i am curious if anyone of you have taken it.

http://www.marketamerica.com/longlong/topproducts-13009/isotonix-opc3.htm

please let me know anything.

Thanks a bunch!!! :)

sick n tired
02-24-2009, 12:40 PM
No I haven't tried or even heard of it. I make it a habit not to try every miracle cure out there. Many have great things in them, and still they can clash with what I am taking. I believe if there were a cure then my Rheumy would beat a path to my door to let me know.

Miracle cures are like get rich quick schemes...you will always find someoneor a minority who can testify to it's success, but for the majority it is nil and worthless.

AyahsClan
02-24-2009, 03:43 PM
Never heard of it either. The only drug that helps me with energy, which is not exactly energy but gives me the ability to stay awake and alert during the day is Provigil. I love the stuff.

I did a brief search for Isotonix opc-3 and it sounds like a multi-level marketing operation. It might be wise to research the ingredients in the product and shop around. I like the research coming out about Resveratrol, it is the extract of grape skins that is what makes wine healthy which I think is one of the ingredients in Isotonix opc-3. The name of company that sells Isotonix opc-3 is "Market America" which is a red flag for me.

sick n tired
02-24-2009, 06:52 PM
Yes Ayahclan, I did a cursery search, too...I always shy away from MLM programs....definate red flags..my neighbor gave me a bottle of juice (another MLM) and told me that within a week I will have more energy and no more issues...not

kukukajoo
02-24-2009, 09:05 PM
Market America is a MLM and gimmicky if you ask me. There are other vitamins out there cheaper and better if you ask me. I used to take this stuff and saw no difference than taking a multivitamin and B complex.... and those were way less than 1/2 the price.

mountaindreamer
02-25-2009, 06:16 AM
hi purple in pink,

please be careful....remember we should not take anything that "boosts the immune system" There are so many herbals out there that can work against us....

AyahsClan
02-25-2009, 10:23 AM
I've fallen victim in the past of so called "miracle cures". It makes me angry that some companies will target and market to chronically ill people. They are the snake oil salesmen of today.

pooie95
06-30-2009, 01:00 PM
When in desperate need (which is rare) I'll go with a Monster Energy and B complex.