PDA

View Full Version : results

notsurerfh
02-23-2009, 09:29 AM
Well i got the results of my biopsy back. I have a kidney disease called nephrotic syndrome and they have no idea what is causing it. I had some complications with the blood clot on my kidney caused by the biopsy so I got to spend 3 more days in the hospital. Not a whole lot of fun last month. I'm doing much better now. The doom and gloom I had over my head is finally starting to lift. I was so worried it was going to be a death sentence or your life as you know it is over diagnosis! But they put me on some blood pressure meds and they seem to be helping a little already. The protien count has gone down a tiny fraction. I also have a low sodium and high protien diet and it's a god send. Anyone of you suffering from swelling in your legs or feet should try to consume less than 2000 mg of sodium a day even if you are on a water pill. I can't believe the difference in my legs and feet. I can actually bend them again and I've lost a lot of extra weight. No soda, lots of fruits and veggies and cranberry juice. Any of you with kidney problems should look it up and ask your doctor if they haven't put you on a restricted diet yet if it would work for you.

I'm still having some other symptoms that aren't associated with the syndrome and may be auto-immune, if not lupus then something else. The treatment is the same so I may never know which condition I actually have. I'm really hoping and praying for all of you others out there without a diagnosis that one comes along quickly. Just knowing that you have something and aren't going crazy makes a huge difference.

I just wanted to get back in touch with all of you. The support I feel from you is the highlight of my day sometimes. Even though it may not be lupus some of you are going through what I am and knowing I'm not alone gets me through the tough days!

Thanks again.

Saysusie
02-23-2009, 10:50 AM
I am happy to hear that you are feeling better and that the swelling has gone down in your legs and feet. I responded to your other post about nephrotic syndrome. I hope that it was helpful to you. Welcome back :-)

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

jenniferlynn
02-27-2009, 06:13 PM
Hi there, thanks for your information about the ways you are eating and drinking to reduce the swelling in your legs, etc. I too suffer from a lot of swelling and could probably do a better job of cutting out soda and increasing my veggies. I hope you are feeling better!

sick n tired
02-27-2009, 09:03 PM
Very glad you are out of the hospital and feeling somewhat better. :-)