PDA

View Full Version : Question about Flares

NoodleMom
02-21-2009, 05:36 PM
I got sick last October late a year ago I was diagnosed early November. I was ill all winter and into May. About the middle of May I started to feel better, less pain, more strength and stamina. I still had pain but we were on the road so This lasted until the third week in June. I was having some female issues (surgery in late July). I was falling down stairs all the time getting hurt a lot. I have been sick with progressing pain and new symptoms cropping up ever since. Thats nine months now straight. Out of the seventeen months since I was diagnosed 15.5 I have been actively flaring. Some days are better most days are not so much.

Would what I have experienced be called a flare?

K

sick n tired
02-21-2009, 05:42 PM
It sure sounds like a flare to me...sometimes it takes a long time to get out of. I have heard some who say they don't have too many great days until it hits again. Someone on here, I can't remember who, I just read that she seldom has more than one or two good days in a row.
I had some of the same experiences as you. Sometime around May, I started feeling better...not great..but more energy. But for me I didn't start into the deep, dark flare pit until right after the new year...I woke up one day right before New Year's Eve and started coughing...not much...but the beginning....
I hope you are able to come out of this one and have a long 'remission' of sorts and no flare ups.

NoodleMom
02-21-2009, 08:52 PM
So are the two good days you mentioned, are those considered remission or would they still be in a flare with a few good days?

K

sick n tired
02-21-2009, 10:24 PM
I really don't think two days would mean remission...that is my opinion, mind you...the only way it might be is if as one were going into remission they cought something else which brought on another blasted flare-up.

NoodleMom
02-22-2009, 12:26 AM
okay so when I had about six weeks of lesser severe symptoms was that a beginning of remission or just break from the severe symptoms, would you say? And so if it was just a break one can be flaring for 17 months?

sick n tired
02-22-2009, 01:43 PM
Honestly I am not sure...I have heard some say that their lupus is active most of the time...I like you, have had a few months remission where I was wondering if it had all been in my head...now I may have a day or two where I think perhaps I am on my way out of this...you know more energy and not much pain...etc, and then I wake up more ill than before. It is so confusing.
Course you do know surgery can put us in one, right. For me I believe Bronchitis turned into pneumonia is what plunged me. Now I have pericardial effusion, and possible pericarditis after the effusion goes away...being tested tomorrow for more severe heart conditions...I truly hope that you woke up today or at least tomorrow back to how you were feeling back in May or June.

NoodleMom
02-22-2009, 02:37 PM
Surgery....yea that makes sense. The first week in August when we moved I had just had the surgery and the move was very hard on my body also. HubbyMan was giving me the pain pills I had after surgery. Im having dental surgery first week in Mar. I usually heal well from dental issues. Of course that was b/4 lupus. I am hoping that it will be the same now. HubbyMan and I are planning a two day trip to Chicago the next day without kids! Timing is not great I guess but he has his Spring break then. I am excited no kids and I get to see my oldest daughter. She doesnt count as a kid. She is 25.

K