PDA

View Full Version : Flare going hand and hand with Periods???

strawberrystef
02-20-2009, 11:35 PM
Does anyone else seem to notice that they flare a weak or a few days before they begin their period? I even get the rash on my face. Oh that reminds me, does Iím getting a rash under my arms, not in the pits, but just below the pits, it itches, but does not burn, anyone on that one?

sick n tired
02-21-2009, 12:21 AM
Hey strawberrystef,

That is awful..you having a monthly flare. I had a partial hysterectomy 11 years ago so I am not able to answer the question. It sounds like it could be a problem if you have some problems with your hormones causing a flare up.

SuperGiv
02-21-2009, 02:42 PM
Hey I always flare up around the time of the month, usually a few days before and the first few days, and by the end i feel completely fine. I also get the rash as well, its like sore and its sort of next to my armpit, ain't had it for a while though and it comes uip for no reason :S

Heather3188
02-22-2009, 12:08 AM
I do notice that periods seem to def. not help anything, that is for sure. But you know, for about 8 years or so I have been getting a rash under my arms.. anywhere from my armpits down to the ribs (only not in front or back but on the side close to the arm pits)

I have been told it was razor burn so I would literally go weeks without shaving. Then I was told I had an allergy to deodorant which I knew couldnt be true because I barely wear much. I never sweat under my arms and I have fine blond hair so if I go a few days without shaving or deodorant you can't really tell.

I also get a rash on my inner elbow (opposite side of arm as the elbow) adn sometimes on my lower cheek but i always get the rash right under my eyes. never as low as the typical lupus rash but still the same effects.

Faith
02-22-2009, 08:31 PM
Menses are terrible from beginning to end with joint pain, etc. I finally talked to by OB/GYN and went on Seasonique. I love it; one cycle every three months. I was tired of being in pain 5-20 days every month. Eeek.

Take care,

Faith

jenniferlynn
02-27-2009, 07:00 PM
Strawberry - my symptoms were really really not tolerable during my periods. I spoke with my OB/GYN and he had me in for a uterine ablation last June. I had endometriosis on top of everything and that surgery was a DREAM for me. My flares are far far better now that I don't have a period. I think the surgery was called Novasure. Day surgery and I was fine to go on a vacation with my kids and hubby 3 days later. No incisions at all so it's good for us with lupus due to the clotting issues with surgery.

sick n tired
02-27-2009, 09:28 PM
Hey Jenniferlynn,

How did they stop your period in a day surgery. Mine was stopped in a partial hysterectomy. It was an emergency and far from a day surgery...are they doing that in day surgeries now? If so, cool.

jenniferlynn
02-28-2009, 07:09 AM
Its a new uterine ablation technique. It was in the hospital in a surgery room in case of complications I signed off on the hysterectomy if needed. But thankfully it was a success and went really well.

It's like a mesh tool that goes in to the uterus and opens up like a fan. Then when all of the sides are open and touching the uterus walls, they turn it on, and it works with a electrical current. Sounds horrible, but I didn't feel anything. Anyway, the walls are basically burned and the lining drops out. After they check for polyps (I had a big one) they remove them, and you are in recovery!

I went home a few hours later with some pain medicine and was told not to go swimming for a few weeks. After that, I haven't had a period since my uterus is there, but basically has no lining!

I have felt amazingly better in terms of how I did feel before the surgery. It really did help a lot.

sick n tired
02-28-2009, 09:36 AM
That is so interesting...I never heard of it, but why would I have to, my partial was almost 12 years ago. I am glad you are feeling great after the procedure and it was a success.