PDA

View Full Version : Brain Fog...Latin style

NoodleMom
02-20-2009, 10:29 AM
HubbyMan has this calender of useless information that our daughter gave him for Christmas.
Wednesdays Useless info says: The word lethologica describes the state of not remembering the word you want to say. Lethologica come from the Latin lang.
So we all have major lethologica. What a mouthful.

K

rob
02-20-2009, 10:52 AM
I must have terminal lethologica. Can you imagine calling in sick to work. "What's Wrong? I have the dreaded lethologica, very contagious, I think I'll be gone all week..."

Saysusie
02-20-2009, 11:03 AM
I love the word....I bet not too many employers even know what it means. So, I can hear their response, Rob.."Oh, I am so sorry to hear that. Is their something that you can take for it?"

I think I will tell everyone, when asked about my illnesses, that I've just discovered that I also have chronic lethologica. I am so curious to see how they react to it lol What is even funnier about the word is that, we will forget a word that we wanted to use, but we will remember to say, "oh my, I've just had a bout of lethologica" TOOOO FUNNY!!!

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

Angel Oliver
02-20-2009, 11:04 AM
Oh i like that word so much.....lethologica......sounds so much better than memory loss or forgetful. Now how cool am i......i now speak Latin.....hehehehehee.xxxx

Rastagirl
02-20-2009, 03:40 PM
Thanks, Noodlemom....

Great! Now I have another word to remember, so I can be frustrated when the brain fog hits and I can't remember it. LOL

Me thinks I should write this one down somewhere......so I can find it when I need it......mmmmmmmm....but where.....?

Maybe a good feature to have on this site would be a 'notepad' where we could write down things we want to remember...like new words. Then we wouldn't have to search around our houses for 'em.

Thanks for sharing with us Kasey....it appears that they put a useful word in your husband's 'Useless Words' calendar.

Enjoy your day...

Lori :)

p.s. My brain fog is so bad today, I just realized I can come right here to this post if I need the word again. Boy do I feel foolish. *sheepish grin* (I had 'stupid' first, then changed it to 'foolish'. Sounds so much better.)

NoodleMom
02-20-2009, 09:52 PM
You guys crack me up. ROFL!!

Rob, The dreaded lethologica. That is too funny. Lots of sympathy there.

Saysusie You will have to share with us how the experiment goes. Yeah thats a word that maybe we can hang onto. There isnt much we can control but maybe we can have it tattooed on our hand. Then we can just look at the word when we need it.

Rasta we need a tattoo. But then we'd have to remember that we got one and then where we got put on us and third even remember to look for it. Boy oh boy we are certainly a group now arent we?

Rastagirl
02-20-2009, 10:06 PM
Now that's a good one. Just make sure you don't tattoo it on your hiney, then you'd never find it unless you accidentally walked past a mirror naked and happened to glance. And then it'd be backwards.

:) :) :)

hehehe....

*Smiling*

Lori

NoodleMom
02-21-2009, 06:31 AM
What a bunch we are. A group of goofs. A group of loopy goofs. A loopy group of Lupie goofs.
Okay it to early in the morning to be thinking so hard.
Kasey

Angel Oliver
02-21-2009, 06:43 AM
Lol...yes but its fun :)

hatlady
02-25-2009, 03:51 PM
A loopy group of lethological lupus goofs

LOL!!!

Rastagirl
02-25-2009, 04:31 PM
Nice one, Hatlady......

LOL

Lori :)

NoodleMom
02-26-2009, 08:31 AM
LOL! Hatlady.
Put something like that on one of your hats.
Announcing Im a Lupie Lethologica Goofy Groupie

I need to figure out how to do a siggy line cuz im putting that in it.

K

hatlady
02-26-2009, 03:04 PM
LOL! Hatlady.
Put something like that on one of your hats.
Announcing Im a Lupie Lethologica Goofy Groupie

I need to figure out how to do a siggy line cuz im putting that in it.

K

I love it! As a signature, as a hat, as a "logo" on a shirt.

Laughter is still the very best medicine.....

NoodleMom
02-26-2009, 05:56 PM
Yeppers! Sure is.

Kasey

debbie-b
03-10-2009, 06:30 PM
How am I supposed to remember THAT word, if I can't even remember my phone # or address?:wacko:

Debbie

tiggerlishus - Heidi
03-11-2009, 03:27 AM
Haha i loved my smile just grew as i read this thing is with tattoing it is i fi tattoed ever word i forgot i would be covered with them adn then it would be hang on know that words on my left arms some where!!!! lmao :)

Angel Oliver
03-11-2009, 06:00 AM
I have been shouting out that word for 2 days now. I have been given some important documents someone in authority needs. I do remember saying to my Mam, i will put them there so i will remember where they are.
So far i have looked everywhere.I still can not find them. In all the drawers, in files on the wardrobe....they have just gone. Has anyone any ideas where a 'good place' to remember where i have put them would be? I know they are looking at me....i feel their stare :)

adl011
03-11-2009, 11:26 AM
I just wanted to let you guys know that this thread has really cheered me up. I've had a rough day. I'm kinda new here. I've only made one post, but I read threads a lot. I've was diagnosed with lupus at age 19, been suffering since about age 13. I am now almost 23 (I know it's not as long as some of you guys, and I pray everyday that I can keep going). I have been having a lot of trouble losing words, saying the wrong word, mixing up sentences, and just plain losing words. The thoughts are there, but I can't form the words. It's so nice to be able to read/know that I am not the only one, and to know that I'm NOT crazy, like some drs have thought. I've also been getting these annoying tremors and twitches lately. I'm having a really bad flare, and I just can't seem to get my lupus under control. Oh well, c'est la vie, huh?

Okay, any way. I just really wanted to thank you guys for making me laugh today. It's been a great help!

Thanks,
Amanda

Angel Oliver
03-11-2009, 11:36 AM
Hi Amanda,

What a lovely name...even better cause its mine too. Im sorry you've not been feeling so good, but i am glad you had a giggle here. You keep posting and we will all help each other.

I also have to say....talking about letholigica. I seem to be replying to private messages, but not to the right people.:) I blame it on sleep or lack of.So if any of you get weird replies from me....its cause i am forgetting who i am replying too.Not all the time....but once is too many and im doing it :)

Sorry anyway! xxxx

tiggerlishus - Heidi
03-11-2009, 11:53 AM
hello amanda i knoe what you mean just reading through makes the grin get bigger and bigger welcome to the site i have only been here couple of weeks and they make you feel soo welcome heres to chat alaughing a bit more xx :9:

mountaindreamer
03-11-2009, 01:13 PM
hi amanda,

welcome to the forum....so glad you found us....and please enjoy many a giggle from our craziness. Everyone faces so many obstacles, i love getting involved with a thread where i just burst out loud.

again, welcome....glad you are here

phyllis

NoodleMom
03-11-2009, 06:47 PM
Im so glad you both are here. This is such a supportive family. They even laugh at me..er my jokes even when they are not funny.

I hope to get to know you both better.
Oh I was diagnosed 16 months ago after deteriorating to fully able and two weeks later to in so much pain even the sheets touching my skin hurt.

K

NoodleMom
03-14-2009, 10:38 AM
Brain fog at its most annoying
i forgot about soccer tryouts for my boys this morning. Thankfully the were able to hustle and hubby got them there ok.

K

tiggerlishus - Heidi
03-14-2009, 11:33 AM
i don't have children but love my nephews and niece to death!! i was supose to pick my nephew up for my sister on monday as fav for my sister and i just completely forgot got a phone call from school 30 mins after i was supose to pick him up!!! i never moved so fast i could of cried when i got to the school i hate letting people down specially the kids!!