PDA

View Full Version : Im on my own for a whole week!!

NoodleMom
02-20-2009, 10:00 AM
HubbyMan has left this morning for a writers retreat in Atlanta. He will be gone for a whole week. I have the children on my own. He does so much for me since Ive been sick that I am intimidated. Thank goodness that my children are self sufficient and know how to help.
There is a lot that I need to be on top of and with my brain fog it will be a challenge.

So if i come to mind please pray for me and my children here at home. Pray that we wont have cause to worry my HubbyMan. He is very concerned at leaving me alone. He needs to be able to focus on his writing. When he completes this retreat he will be able to finish his dissertation and get his Doctorate.

K

Saysusie
02-20-2009, 10:55 AM
Noodlemom;
You are lucky that your children are self-sufficient. Try not to be too intimidated. Take things slowly, do only what your body says you can do and, remember, some things can be left until tomorrow!
Do not over exert yourself or cause yourself any additional stress. We are here for you and I am praying that you and your children have a week that is filled with love!

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

Angel Oliver
02-20-2009, 11:01 AM
Hi Noodlemom,

I am sending great wishes to you. I know you are worried,but how fab your children are so helpful. You will be fine. If it helps, write a list at night of all the things you have to do for the next day.Just take it slowly. I hope your husband enjoys his time away and is successful with the Doctorate.We are all here....so when you need us, even if just a quick hello we are here for you.

I'll be thinking of you.
love
Angel.xxx

mountaindreamer
02-20-2009, 02:29 PM
hi noodlemom,

remember it is ok to be a one-task-at-a-time mom. Saysusie had great advice to take it slow, and Angel had great advice to make a list. I have a list that sometimes takes me days to complete, but i check them off as i go, and leave the rest for the next day.

I know you will have a great week, you do not need to question your self-confidence.,

Rastagirl
02-20-2009, 02:54 PM
Hi Kasey....

I'll be praying for you and your kids...that things will go smoothly and you'll enjoy your week together. It's definitely a plus that your kids are at an age where they can be pretty self sufficient. Mine are at that age too, and it's a big difference from when they were little. When I'd get sick back then, it was a huge struggle to keep up with all their needs on top of mine.

I will also say extra prayers for your hubby....that he'll be able to focus on his workshop and academics and his worries will be few this week. That's fantastic news that he's so close to his Doctorate. He must be pretty excited.

You've received good advice from everyone....just be good to yourself and get as much rest as you're able. Remember, there are plenty of us here keeping you in our prayers, and sending 'positive' thoughts straight to you. You are so well loved in this place, I'll bet you'll be able to feel it comin' your way all week. :)

Hope your weekend is a good one!

Fondly,

Lori :)

sick n tired
02-20-2009, 09:14 PM
Hey Kasey,

I got you in my thoughts and prayers. I remember when my hubby left and I had all the kids..it can be a little intimidating. I can't remember how old they are but at any age it is good that they are self sufficient, though. Don't try to be supermom. When my hubby went out of town and my kids were little, it was a time for fun dinners. You know, the easy ones that kids just love.
I am thinking of you...

NoodleMom
02-20-2009, 09:42 PM
awwww thanks guys. you all are such good friends. I wonder if there are ever any WHL gatherings. I love to meet you all.
My kids are ages 8-17. They are good kids and really do know how to keep things amovin right along. I have taught them how to do just about everything it takes to run this house. I started when the were younger and gradually increased responsibility. I never ever thought tho that they would be using those skills on a daily basis.
I am taking it easy altho gettin ready for our move next weekend makes that a little tougher. But I am determined to keep myself from crashing again. I will get better. I have to.

I put together a meal list but wont have to use half of it. Our church is providing food for us. Three or four meals.
K

Rastagirl
02-20-2009, 11:00 PM
You guys are moving? I thought you did that last Summer. Oh, wait, maybe I'm thinking of someone else on the forum.

Are you moving far?

Lori :)

sick n tired
02-21-2009, 12:43 AM
Hey girl...How did you do yesterday...I hope it is all going along smoothly with you and the kids. :-)

NoodleMom
02-21-2009, 06:27 AM
Yes your're right we did move last summer. We are moving to a bigger house just a mile from where we are currently. The new house is a 108 y/o Victorian house. It is beautiful. Hardwood floors throughout. Stained glass windows. yea its beautiful.

Things went well yesterday. HubbyMan forgot to do a few things so I have to go to the credit union and get money out (he has the bank cards with him) sign some paper so I am a signer on the account, go pay a bill and pick up a prescription. A friend is coming to get me in an hour. She will be my personal chauffeur.
Here is hopin for another good day.

K

Angel Oliver
02-21-2009, 06:45 AM
Wow your new house sounds so lovely. Im wishing you have a fantastic day today.Just take it slow and enjoy it. :)

Love
Angel.xxx

sick n tired
02-21-2009, 05:07 PM
That new house sounds absolutely beautiful...was there alot of fixing up of it, tho?

I am glad things are going smoothly for you...I will keep praying for this week great!

NoodleMom
02-21-2009, 05:19 PM
Our church went over and did all the cleaning and I know that there was some work needed the bathroom. We will be doing some painting eventually. The attic is not quite done. Needs carpet just has a pad now. Our big boys 13 and 15 will be using the attic for their room. Need to finish the bathroom up there. But really no. The owner has kept it very well.

K

sick n tired
02-21-2009, 05:26 PM
it sounds really great...we are in the process of fixing up our house to move. I hope we find one as good for our needs as yours is for yours. Of course, the decision was made and a few weeks later I started a huge flare-up. Couple that with planning a wedding for my daughter for April and a son graduating high school...Makes one tired just posting it :-)

Angel Oliver
02-21-2009, 05:37 PM
Hi to both of you. Hope you are ok today. Sounds like you have exciting times ahead...new homes, weddings wow...so much to look forward to. :) And how nice your church helped to clean for you...so kind.