PDA

View Full Version : Neurontin and Flexerill

WantItGone
02-20-2009, 08:27 AM
For anyone taking Neurontin and Flexerill, how many mgs do you take daily? I'm taking 300 mgs of neurontin 3 xs daily and 10 mgs of Flexerill 3 xs per day (although I usually only take 1 in the morning).

My rheumy told me to make sure I take the Neurontin 3 xs per day but I can take the Flexeril as needed. I've been trying to not take the Flexeril because I feel a little loopy taking both 3 xs per day. But, as I type this and think about my post started yesterday (or the day before, can't remember), maybe the reason why I'm having increased pain is because I'm taking too little of the Flexeril. I just don't want to keep increasing prescriptions and dosages.

Anyway, how much do you guys take?

Faith
02-20-2009, 08:28 PM
Hi Want it Gone,

I have been away from a while although we have previously talked about fibro and the burning fun pain that goes with it.

I take one tablet of Flexerill 10mg before bed along with Zantec to relax muscles at night. During the day for fibro pain, I take Soma 350 (there is a generic). If I took the Flexerill 3x daily; I would be loopy and asleep. It's hard enough to stay awake as it is without adding more Flexerill. I take the Flexerill is for Fibro as that is what I take it for? Soma is used for break-away pain due to the fibro.

I hope this helps.

Take care,

Faith

Danica01
02-20-2009, 10:23 PM
Hi I want It Gone!

I also take flexeril. I take 10mg at bed time and any other time I need it! I try to keep six hours between the doses when I need it during the day. My bottle really doesn't specify how many hours to wait. I am looking for something for the pain right now and am very interested in the meds listed in this post! I may have to call my doc on Monday.....tonight my legs are throbbing and the flexiril just is not cutting it at this point. We will just have to see!

sick n tired
02-20-2009, 10:31 PM
Hey Want it gone,

I take the flexeril before bed and any time I need it...it alone makes me loopy. There are nights I don't take it because I will be keeping my grandbaby the next day.
I have been off neurontin for years now. It was given to me for seizures, tho...it made me so sleepy when I had to take it.