PDA

View Full Version : New to group

tishka
02-19-2009, 10:56 PM
Hello...I am new to the group and thought I would say hi. I am 41 and have been dealing with lupus since I was 23...maybe earlier ... that is when the dx me. I have a wonderful family and great hubby. I was blessed with three children...our oldest we adopted when she was 12 and now she is 30..our middle child our son is 22 and in college (and we are broke) and our youngest daughter is at home and is 18.
I have ups and downs with my lupus and health. But the last few years have been the worse. I have been on about every med there is and some worked for awhile then stopped or I had a reaction to the others. It seems that the longer this goes on the more over reactive my body has gotten to medicines. I am tired now...and would love to meet new people and learn new ways to deal with this horrible disease.
Thank you Tishka

sick n tired
02-19-2009, 11:09 PM
Hey Tishka,

Really nice to meet you. I am 47 and only got diagnosed in 2007. That is the year I finally found a doctor who listened to me and believed it wasn't all in my head. The last year and a half has been painful but not too dangerous...every since the new year I have been ill...mostly pulminary and heart...
We adopted two kids when they were 12-girl and 14-boy...they needed a place. We also had some others together..We have 2 in university. One has some deafness, and goes for free!! We just found that one out woo hoo. We have one who will be graduating, this year from high school, so next year will be fun.
What college is your son going to?
Anyway...it has been nice meeting you...this is a great group of people and I am sure you will like it here.

mountaindreamer
02-20-2009, 05:32 AM
hi tiska

I responded on your other "newbie alert", but I just wanted to congratulate you on your family. Sounds like you have a great support system, and that would be because of the foundation that you provided for them as they were growing up.

I too have three grown children. Was a single mom, and put 2 of them through college. The third (my son) has not quite figured out which way in life he wants to go, so he has gone to college, but he is very active in my support team.

Hope you have a better day,
phyllis

rob
02-20-2009, 09:14 AM
Hello Tishka,

Welcome to our group! Please make yourself at home.

Rob

Saysusie
02-20-2009, 10:43 AM
We are glad that you found us and that you decided to join us. There are members here with a wealth of information that will, hopefully, help you or at least give you some good suggestions.
I understand the ups and downs of this disease and how it can be so heinously unpredictable. But, we are here to help you and to answer your questions and to let you know that we understand and you are not alone.
Welcome to our family :-)

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

tishka
02-20-2009, 05:45 PM
My son is graduating from St. Martins U. Here is WA state. It is a private u and really expensive...gosh I wish I could of thought that thru...ha ha ha. He is going to be a Physcologist and think he will do well with it. My oldest daughter has owned a resturant and now a car lot. My youngest daughter is going to beauty school. So I guess I have a wide range with my kids. Oh and they have been such a blessing to me thru the years. I also own a small horse stable..i have been into horses I believe since birth but now do it for a living. Well that is if my body will let me out the door to function. I have to pay either my daughter or a hired hand to clean stalls and feed when I am ill and its hard because that means not much money comes in. But the biggest part is I miss my interaction with the horses. They have always had such a healing part in my life. so right now am very frustrated that I am away from them.
Thank you everyone for the greetings.
Tishka

sick n tired
02-20-2009, 09:20 PM
Hey Tishka,
My son is going to Liberty U in virginia. It also is a private university. He had to get a loan, because State universities and expensive enough, but these private ones...whew...He is in his Junior year and I think he is sorry he didn't go to a state university b cause of the loan. We are helping as much as we can, though, so he is not going to pay the whole thing just half.
My daughter loves horses, we can't have any because of no land.

Rastagirl
02-20-2009, 10:33 PM
Hello Tishka....

Just wanted to add my welcome to the bunch. I'm glad you decided to join us. I've had Lupus for 27 years, since my teens.

I'm glad to hear you have great family support...that can make such a difference when you're fighting this disease. I, too, have a fantastic, supportive husband and 2 kids. My son is 16 and my daughter 12, almost 13. According to her, I'm supposed to say 13 cause her birthday is coming up. :) She cannot wait to be a teenager.

I'm looking forward to your contributions to the forum. I know you'll find lots of support and understanding from the members here.

Take care....

Lori :)

tishka
02-22-2009, 08:34 PM
Lori
Ahhh! thank you...you guys make me feel welcome!
Tishka