PDA

View Full Version : Went to hospital for tests today and got more questions

sick n tired
02-19-2009, 06:12 PM
I had an mri this morning and then had to go to the cardiologist...they think I may have angina...I will be getting my brain or something biopsied...the mri also found "foci and t2 of increased flair in the within the cerebral subcortical white matter"...does that mean I might have ms? I am just trying to make sense of this.

mountaindreamer
02-19-2009, 07:03 PM
hi sick and tired,
i don't have any answers for you, i just wanted to tell you that i am sorry you are having to go through on a search for answers again.

rob
02-19-2009, 07:03 PM
I have MS, but I don't remember ever hearing that phrase, or term after having MRI's done. I'm not sure what it means, but I don't think it means you have MS. My dad has Angina. Takes meds for it, and it doesn't slow him down much at all. Wish I had better info for you.

Rob

sick n tired
02-19-2009, 09:57 PM
Thanks for your speedy replies...Mountaindreamer and Ron, I just found what he is looking for and it has to do with cerebral vasculitis...I have to go for a biopsy.
I have a cardiac effusion and the pain could be from that or something else which will be the tests with my cardiologist.
I also have tests that are coming up high having to do with my liver. ALP I am beginning to wonder if I am indeed dying...I am not trying to be dramatic, but what they are testing me for has a life expectancy of 7 years and that is if they caught it early...My husband is terrified, and I have never seen him this way. I don't think I can talk to him right now it just seems to make him more scared...This forum is the ONLY place to be able to speak...I guess I am really down right now.

Rastagirl
02-20-2009, 12:00 AM
Sending gentle hugs to you.....so sorry you're having to go through this. It's just been one thing after another for you. That is such a scary thing...to go have tests like these and then not have the results completely explained to you. And then having to wait for more testing.

How soon do you see the Cardiologist? I hope they're not making you wait too long. I'm guessing they're scheduling the biopsy first, probably.

I know this is scary for you, and your husband. It's understandable he's overwhelmed with it all and not wanting to talk too much. He's most likely on 'information overload' from today. I wish there was something I could say to reassure you both.....I promise I'll be hoping and praying for the best for you. Do not give up hope....try to keep your thoughts positive...that's always better for your immune system. And I'm certain there will be plenty of others here that will be praying earnestly for you, as well. You are not alone!

I hope that rest will come to you soon.....

Fondly,

Lori :)

Danica01
02-20-2009, 01:40 AM
I am so sorry you are going through this! I will be thinking of you and holding you close to my heart. Keep your chin up!

mountaindreamer
02-20-2009, 05:26 AM
i too send you prayers and gentle hugs. I have no experience with cerebral vasculitis. I do remember when i was diagnosed with sle, i thought that was a "kiss of death" and that my life would be shortened. I have now learned that this is not necessarily true, so i found new hope. I pray this is the case fror you.

please keep us posted...i know this must be stressful on you and your husband. i wish i had words to make the pain go away.

phyllis

Angel Oliver
02-20-2009, 05:40 AM
Oh i am glad you have found this site.Even though we sometimes can not give you deffinate answers to your questions, we can though give you love and support. We are right beside you, maybe not in person....but we are with you. I know it sounds like you are going through a trying time right now, i too do not have answers for you, but i hope just knowing we care so much can help you a little.

Thinking of you
love
Angel.xxx

sick n tired
02-20-2009, 09:00 PM
Thank you all for your responses...I was in a deep hole yesterday.

Lori, I was called today and I have to be cleared by the cardiologist to be able to have any of the biopsy's. The Echo stress test is Monday at 12 noon. I am so exhausted I hope I can do that
treadmill the way I have to.
Mountaindreamer, Thanks for the hugs. I really needed them yesterday. Oluwa gave me some too.:-) My hubby is scared because he thinks I might be seriously ill.
Danica and Angel...thanks for your words of comfort...it means alot.

Faith
02-20-2009, 09:15 PM
Hi Sick N Tired,

It's so scarry when they start running tests and you then start thinking about the what ifs. This last Summer I had an MRI, EKG, EEG, nerve conduction tests. Yikes; I just didn't want to go anymore. I was so tired of it all.

I am so sorry that you have to go through all of this. I will be praying for you. Please keep us updated.

God Bless,

Faith

sick n tired
02-20-2009, 09:26 PM
Hey Faith,
Thanks for the support. So did they ever come up with a diagnosis after all of those tests? I have not been able to be on much since last summer so I never heard the results.
I hope you are doing great, now...

sick n tired
02-22-2009, 01:48 PM
Hey Faith,

What was the diagnosis for all your test? Do you have what they were testing you? What happened to me was what they were testing when they did the CT scan a few weeks ago, was negative, but they found something else ie the cardiac effusion and an aneurysm, but no embolism.

Faith
02-22-2009, 08:49 PM
Hi Sick N Tired,

I am glad they caught the cardiac effusion and an aneurysm. Where do you go from here? Did they put you on meds? If so, what? I am praying for you and I will continue to do so. Please keep us updated. I truly believe in faith and prayer, and we have been blessed so far. I hope you receive some blessings as well. I have really missed you all. I checked out the arcade and I'm now addicted to Pac Man. lol.

I haven't been on for a long time either. Too much going on with tests, my husband was laid off and we are paying $1200 to Cobra so we may have insurance. It's a hard choice between food and insurance.

They were testing me because I was having vertigo spells, i.e. MRI and EEG. I am also forgetful so they thought there was something going on in the brain. MRI was normal.

EEG was abnormal but they think it was due to Klonopin that I take to relax muscles at night. Nerve conduction needles into leg muscles were normal although my feet are numb and non-reactive to a hammer (always cold). Neuro told me I was "tough" since I didn't scream or cry as "most of his men do." Neuro told me this is typical of Fibro and will progress. EKG was abnormal with regurgitation on pulmonary and triscupid valves and leaflet thickening on the heart. Nothing to worry about yet . . . Taking another in May and every year from here on.

Sent to hematologist and was diagnosed with Anti-phospholipid Syndrome (thick blood and low circulation) so I am taking baby aspirin, but was told that eventually most patients go on anti-coagulants. God puts us through trials and make the weak strong. Take one day at a time and I will be praying.

God Bless,

Faith

mountaindreamer
02-22-2009, 10:12 PM
hi sick in tired,

i have atrial fibrillation, and had to take a stress test a couple of weeks ago. When i told them that i have lupus, they used an injection of meds to do the stress test. I did not have to walk on the treadmill. They said that was too much for me to go through, and besides, walking hard enough to get my heart rate up was just not an option.

When you go on monday, see if they can do the test with meds/not the treadmill.

keep us posted.

sick n tired
02-24-2009, 06:14 PM
Hey Mountaindreamer, I wish I had seen your post before the stress test. I ended up getting so dizzy I nearly fainted. My blood pressure from the beginning was high even though I usually have normal bp :(

Faith, O my Goodness...that is so much to have to deal with...your hubby is out of work. I hope the stress is not too much.

mnjodette
02-27-2009, 08:44 AM
Sick n Tired, I'm was sad to read about your struggles. I know you've been through a lot, and this is one more challenge you and your husband could've done without. Hugs and prayers to you. And, you know the drill: do your research; look for a second opinion if you're not confident in the one you receive. You have lots of friends here to share your fears and to give you support.

Jody

Angel Oliver
02-27-2009, 09:33 AM
Just to say hi and im thinking of you :)

Love
Angel.xxx