PDA

View Full Version : 14 Year old diagnosed with lupus at 11

kait14
04-24-2005, 01:14 PM
Hi my name is Kait. I live in a small town in cny. when i was about 11 years old i has having major health issues. I would always get sick in the summer, be sore, sometimes couldnt walk. I had rashes on my face, hair was falling out, sores in nose and mouth and serious fatigue. My mother and i went to doctors for years but no one could give us as answer. When i was entering 6th grade i went to a rheuomotoligist and she diagnosed me with lupus. It felt great to finally have an answer but i didnt know what would lie ahead of me. I am now 14 and out of school because my heath is so bad. I barely go anywhere due to fear of catching something (poor immune system), the computer is my outlet to the "outside world" so i figured talk to some kids like me. Please respond, i'd love to talk to kids my age!

Thanks!
Kait :wink:

derlinda
04-24-2005, 06:17 PM
dear kait,
so happy you are reaching out, good for you! i'm not sure how to help you find kids your age with lupus but i do know if you surf around long enough on the computer you will find some great kids who have the same problems you do.
i know how lame it is to be sick and not be able to do what your friends are doing :cry: . when i get stuck in the house i do crafts, make jewelry or play on the computer, it helps pass the time and now i'm selling some of the stuff i have made!
keep us updated on how your friend search is going!
be well,
melinda :wink:

kait14
05-10-2005, 02:27 PM
Hi melinda, how old are you? Yeah i rencently moved into my grandparents house because of some issues at home. Im on the computer alot talking to my friends, its basically my link to the outside world. He is always yelling at me but he just doesnt understand. I get tutord at home and my family members that are teens/younger say its not fair i get to stay home all day. They dont get it that i would give ANYTHING just to beable to go to schoool....to be a normal kid!

derlinda
05-10-2005, 02:52 PM
hi kait,
i'm 35. must be hard to be home so much, but it does sound like you are making the most of it. keep reaching out to find other kids who live with illness. there are alot other kids out in the world doing the same thing you are!

hope you well today,
melinda

tennisquirrel
08-11-2005, 08:46 AM
hey, im 17, i was diagnoised when i was 11 too. none of the doctors could figure out was it was that was making me sick for the longest time and put me on like a million meds that all didnt work. yeah. i take steriods now, just so you know. they work well for me. but anways. its not always fun, the future doesnt always look that bright, but keep your head up babe.