PDA

View Full Version : Pelvic Floor Dysfunction

BonusMom
02-19-2009, 10:14 AM
Hi Guys and Gals-

I am not a proponent of unnecessary medical treatment. Having said that, I was diagnosed with Pelvic Floor Dysfunction in October and it was suggested I undergo biofeedback to "re-train" the pelvic floor muscles. What led me to this juncture was positive findings for Crohn's in early 2007 when I was initially undergoing tests for gastroparesis and suddenly, my system did an about face and my eyes were turning brown.

Initially, I blamed it on the lack of fiber that I was able to digest and the simple carbs I was eating. Constipation continued, even with Miralax, until I couldn't "go" but once a week. Talk about feeling bloated!

I underwent testing and the diagnosis was PFD. Since being diagnosed with Lupus and SjS, I have been drinking more water (NO soda) and sucking on sugar free candies. For those that don't know, too many and they'll have a laxative effect on you.

Anyway, I am doing better in the potty department and wonder if the biofeedback is truly necessary? Anybody have experience with a spontaneous recovery from PFD?

Input relished!

Saysusie
02-19-2009, 11:02 AM
Never had it :-( Hopefully someone will be along who has had experience in that department and who can share with you. I'm glad that you are better and I do hope that it remains that way.

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

mountaindreamer
02-19-2009, 11:42 AM
bonus mom....it looks like you are going to be our pioneer on pelvic floor dysfunction. I am not familiar with it, so just know we are here and will help whenever possible. Hopefully someone will be along who can help.