PDA

View Full Version : Sick Again and Computer Problems

DrinkofWtr
02-19-2009, 09:21 AM
Hi Everybody:

I had to go to urgent care yesterday with a bad bladder infection. I get them periodically. They started me on Cipro. It is just starting to work today. I was suffering with pain, frequency, etc.

I have been having a lot of trouble with my computer today. I had to start it up more than once. I wouldn't be surprised if it crashes. Then to make matters worse, every time it rains there are problems with it. There is no cover for the wires and the box is exposed to the elements. So far, the cable company or whoever is responsible for the box will not put a cover over it. I was told that the outside wiring is the responsibility of the phone company, the cable company or whoever has wiring inside of it. Is that true? I live in an apartment and the manager is always quick to let us know, it's not the apartments responsibility.

mountaindreamer
02-19-2009, 11:56 AM
hi drinkofwtr

i don't know who's responsibility it is, but I do know that if you call and report it as a possible fire hazard, the responsible party will take care of it. Unforunately the thought of them loosing money in a law suit is what will encourage them to respond. My internet is through my cable company, and not the phone co. When i was getting set up, I had a lot of difficulty with each company pointing fingers at the other.....don't let them run you off....call both of them, be persistent, and if necessary, speak to a supervisor...../let them know that you are very concerned about the situation.

good luck....i hate cable and phone companies....they get away with being substandard in their business practices and I don't know why.

Angel Oliver
02-19-2009, 12:44 PM
Oh i hope you feel better soon.Im just getting over one.Painful and frustrating. Oh i hope you too get your computer sorted.My words you have allot to deal with.Try and rest....we'll leave messages for you when you get back.

Gentle hugs
love
Angel.xxx

rob
02-19-2009, 01:22 PM
It's funny, I used to live in Arizona, middle of the desert, and I had more problems with phone lines and cable going out from rain storms than any place I've ever lived. I was constantly fighting with the phone and cable company about who was responsible for keeping things working. Never did get it completely sorted out.

As far as your computer acting up, do you ever use any of the built in maintenance programs? You should do a disk cleanup, and a disk de-fragment from time to time. It will help things to start up faster and avoid crashing while you are online. What kind of computer do you have?

Rob

Numpty
02-19-2009, 02:00 PM
Heya

I've not been around for a while and am so sorry to come back and see you're not keeping well ~hugs~ Hope you're feeling a wee bit better now!

I haven't a clue about the wiring problem sorry but I hope you get it sorted out soon! What Rob says is great advice though.. De-frag should help lots and also get something like Ad-aware (or another malware programme) that will find and get rid of anything running in the background.

rob
02-19-2009, 03:20 PM
Yes, good acvice Numpty. Good to see you here!

DrinkofWtr
02-20-2009, 06:26 PM
Hi All and especially to Rob:

Rob I have a Compaq computer. I hate to sound like an idiot but where do I find the disk clean-up, disk de-fragment software to run on my computer?

DrinkofWtr

DrinkofWtr
02-20-2009, 06:30 PM
Just to let everyone know, I am just starting to feel a little better. It has been a couple of days since starting the Cipro. I was given a 7 day supply. I hope it will be enough to clear this infection up. I usually feel more secure when I get a 10 day supply of antibiotics for something like this.

rob
02-20-2009, 06:52 PM
Hi All and especially to Rob:

Rob I have a Compaq computer. I hate to sound like an idiot but where do I find the disk clean-up, disk de-fragment software to run on my computer?

DrinkofWtr

What operating system are you using. Windows Vista, Windows 98, or something else? Let me know and I'll talk you through finding the maintenance program you need.