PDA

View Full Version : Wheres all the smilies?

NoodleMom
02-17-2009, 01:00 PM
The ones we had b/4 or new ones or whatever. Not that I really used them much but it was nice that they were waiting for me in their little closet just in case I wanted to.

K missing my smilies

Saysusie
02-17-2009, 01:07 PM
I am still experimenting with all the new features here. So far, I've only found the ones on the bottom that will only go in the title portion of our post. So, the first one to find the smileys that we can put in the body of our post, shout it out to the rest of us!!!

This is so much fun...kind of like a high tech scavenger hunt!!!

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

Rastagirl
02-17-2009, 03:02 PM
I'm missing all my cute smilies too....

I've been able to add the 'happy' smiley and the 'sad' smiley by placing my cursor in the text body and then making the smiley the old fashioned way.....with the colon and end parentheses. Then it appears when you preview it.

But other than that, I can't seem to figure out how to get the rest to work in the text body.

However, I haven't given up yet.... :)

Lori

sick n tired
02-21-2009, 05:36 PM
I am glad I found this discussion, even though, there isn't any answers, yet. I am not able to put any f the ones down below on...I also have some threads when I reply it won't come up. Other than that this new setup is great. :-) There is my smiley.

Rastagirl
02-21-2009, 05:44 PM
I've been wanting to use all the smilies too, but can't figure out how to get them in the text body. I've tried putting my cursor in the message where I want it, and then clicking one of the smilies and....nothing.

I can get them to appear in the Title line above, but not in the text body unless I make them myself the old fashioned way. And then it's only 'smile' or 'frown'.

Has ANYBODY figured this out? I see some people having the green smiley with the big teeth, but can't figure out how they're getting them. Someone please shed some light????

Mmmmmmmmmm.......I'm perplexed.

Lori

NoodleMom
02-21-2009, 08:49 PM
Here is my happy face: (-: and sad face )-: I can wink too (-; How about surprised :-O
That about all the talent I can do for one day.

K

sick n tired
02-21-2009, 10:19 PM
lol...noodlemom...You can liven the smileys up like :>) (that one has a big nose)...or :-} :-] See we can make so many I haven't been able to come up with the angry..grrr...kind, though. May be this might look like upset or at least blah :-|

Rastagirl
02-21-2009, 11:25 PM
My teenage son showed me this one.....

:P :P :P

That's sticking your tongue out...or several of them is gagging.

Just thought you might enjoy that......I was especially proud of my son's computer skills when he showed me that one. :)

Rasta..

Mary Jane
02-21-2009, 11:53 PM
that's really cool, I'll have to remember that.

sick n tired
02-22-2009, 01:34 PM
hey Lori...I have seen that one, but never knew what it meant...these teens think up so much stuff...so what does :-9 mean or this is another I have seen... :-x that one kind of sounds like saying I am not speaking or something..there is one like above but with a Q too.