PDA

View Full Version : General Question

Larz77
02-16-2009, 03:05 PM
I'm having this weird set of symptoms, not sure what to make of them. I've been having to go to the bathroom (#1) all the time. It's weird. No pain, etc. I also have been getting cramping in my legs. Went to the doc, kidney's look good at this point, my electrolytes look good. Strange...not sure what to make of it. Hate to blame everything on my lupus, but...

Also, I notice I bleed really easily. Again, perplexing. I give blood, I get bruises. I shave, it's like I hit an artery.

So, just wanted to draw on your collective experiences....

Larz

mountaindreamer
02-16-2009, 03:39 PM
hi larz77,

I too have strange bathroom habits. I can go all day and seldom have to go, then at night, I am up numerous times. This, along with pain in the legs, are all symptoms of kidney involvement. My nephrologist (kidney dr.) found that my kidneys are borderline functional, but he does not think it is lupus nephritis, because there is no protein in my urine. Symptoms are there, but no diagnosis. the story of our lives.

Yes, I look like someone just beat the ____ out of me. I have bruises that seem to just appear, and the smallest little cut will bleed like a faucet.

the joy of lupus.....just glad we have each other.

share a smile today.

Angel Oliver
02-16-2009, 04:06 PM
Yes i have strange wee'ing habbits lately. I can wee up to 15 times a night on a bad night.More recently though, i stopped weeing altogether.Doctor put me on Amoxcillin and ive also stopped some of my meds....slowly but surely im not 100% better but i am going now.I thought i was gonna burst at one point.It makes you feel awful when you have problems with your waterworks does'nt it. Now idont have Lupus (so they say this month anyway lol) and have not had any bleeding. To me id say it sounds like kidney problems too, but im no doctor.
I hope you feel better soon.If not, get back to the doctors.

Love
Angel.xxx

sits_inthe_corner
02-16-2009, 04:35 PM
Hi larz,

What medications are you on? I'm taking plaquenil and arthrotec. The arthrotec causes me to bleed and bruise easily.

Usually I'm a tinkler lol

But lately well lets just say that has changed. I'm not drinking any more or any less fluids, but man do not get in the path of the bathroom if I need to go.

I'm glad your kidney's checked out, that's the most important thing.

Larz77
02-16-2009, 05:08 PM
Interestingly, the peeing for me is happening during the day. I guess I get up during the night as well.

No recent change in my meds. Plaquenil is the only thing right now. My Rheumatologist doesn't want to put me on anything else because she doesn't think there is kidney involvement. I'd like to try Imuran again, I know it got be feeling pretty decent. But although she knows my lupus is flaring, the tests are not "high enough" for her. So, I'm pretty sad these days. I wish I could get to feeling like my old self.

Larz

Angel Oliver
02-16-2009, 05:10 PM
Oh im sending you hugs and wish the good days come to you soon.

Love
Angel.xxx

Its took me a while to find this post lol :) Gonna sit down now and refuel lol :)

NoodleMom
02-16-2009, 05:20 PM
Are you thirsty a lot? Do you have sores that do not heal?
K

Larz77
02-16-2009, 09:22 PM
I know where that is going. No, not thristy much more than normal, although really dry mouth. They checked my sugar and although high, she said I wasn't diabetic.