View Full Version : Dead Avatar Button

Oluwa
02-16-2009, 02:16 PM
My avatar button is out of service....

L.,
O.

Saysusie
02-16-2009, 02:18 PM
Did you notify Conrad? Or do you mean the avatars that you previously downloaded?

Saysusie

Oluwa
02-16-2009, 02:32 PM
Hey you, Saysusie..

Mine doesn't have any options.

It is check as..Do not use any avatar. I can't unclick it...

Happy President's Day...hugs.

L.,
O

Saysusie
02-16-2009, 02:45 PM
Hmmmm... Conrad will probably have to help you with this one.

I see that you are "King Kong"....these new names are hilarious!!!
Stay warm today and be well

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

Oluwa
02-16-2009, 04:33 PM
Hi you, Emperor...

I chuckled too...

Love,
Oluwa

Oluwa
02-16-2009, 04:34 PM
Oh, it worked...lol. The snap is Halloween of me and mine.

TobyJug
02-16-2009, 04:38 PM
hehe nice pic...
yeh my avatar functions are dead too..

just thought I let u know lol

Rastagirl
02-16-2009, 04:44 PM
Oluwa....

How did you get it to work? My avatar button is same as yours was....couldn't 'unclick' it.

And do we still have avatars on this forum to choose from? Haven't found any yet....or do we have to get them elsewhere?

Lori :)

NoodleMom
02-17-2009, 12:57 PM
What the heck is a dead avatar button?

Oh wait maybe dont answer that.

Saysusie
02-17-2009, 01:01 PM
I'm glad that you were able to get yours working.
Rastagirl, I'm not sure why Oluwa's was not working so I have no idea how to help you :-(
Hopefully Conrad will be along to help with this issue.

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

Rastagirl
02-17-2009, 03:13 PM
Okay, guys,

I am laughing half the time I'm on here....some of these questions....

like..."what the heck is a dead avatar button?"

and then along comes Oluwa with a thumbnail pic of her Halloween costume, and I accidentally click on it, and WOW!! There it is in lifesize!!

Scared the heck out of me! lol :)

I'm still working on the avatar thing....Oluwa, if you read this, can you answer me this.....How do you get such cute avatars? do you go out on the internet and find your avatars and download them to your computer and then upload them here? Or is that a classified secret?

Help??????? I want my palm tree and sunset pic back.....Waaaaaaaa

Lori :( (lost without her avatar)

Oluwa
02-26-2009, 01:38 PM
Hey you, Lori...days later...sorry. The posts, there as so many I lose my way and forget where I had posted....

Was you last post before your avatar appeared or after? Still need help with your palm tree and sunset snap? Was it a personal photo on your PC?

Yep, I download and upload the snaps...or just copy and paste them to my desktop or a new folder file... ready to be used as an avatar. I don't bother researching the size with this new format. I let the site tell me it is a no go...

The Halloween snap was my husband and me. We scared the little children when we opened the door to give them their treat. We had to say, ah...it is just us...see as we peeled our faces back. Surprised the adults too. We were just dressed as two big gut, sloppy, old fart duster of men......

Let me know on the palm tree snap...

Portland is a great city, been there many time when I lived in Seattle. Highway 30...what a great scenic route..falls galore on the Columbia River.

I miss that side of the country immensely. When the real estate market readjusts, house goes up for sale. Seattle here we come...

Let me know on the palm tree snap...

Keep well...hugs.
Love,
Oluwa

Rastagirl
02-26-2009, 02:59 PM
Thanks Oluwa...I've managed to figure out the avatar, with my husband's help. Decided to forego the tropical one and try out the Dark Side of the Moon logo. At least for now.

My hubby also educated me on the uploading of pics in my album. Glad you enjoyed those. While posting them I relived each memory and moment that I have treasured in my heart.

So good to find someone that 'knows' that Portland is great. We truly have it all here..all the beauty minus the traffic, smog, and hectic East coast pace. From what my husband tells me from his business travels around the country, we are still a 'small' city. I'd certainly look forward to having you as a West coast neighbor in the future. Here's hoping the real estate market rounds the bend and makes some progress in the right direction. That would most certainly be a start in the right direction on our road to economic recovery.

Hope your troubles are few and your pain manageable today....

Fondly,

Lori :)

hatlady
02-26-2009, 03:09 PM
Took me a while to figure it out, but once I did put something in the box, it worked. Check out all the options on the left side of the screen - there's avatar and photo and signature.... they all seem to interact.