PDA

View Full Version : please help with new forum layout

mountaindreamer
02-16-2009, 02:08 PM
hi all,

I want to edit my profile, and I don't know where to find it.

thanks,
phyllis

Oluwa
02-16-2009, 02:13 PM
Click on 'User CP' Near the upper left corner, Phyllis.

L.,
O.

Saysusie
02-16-2009, 02:21 PM
When you get there, there is a table of contents (of sorts) on the left. Edit your profile will be one of the links (near the top I believe).

Let us know if you were successsful

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

mountaindreamer
02-16-2009, 02:58 PM
thanks saysusie, yes I found the edit profile provisions, and appreciate your help.

phyllis

rob
02-16-2009, 03:05 PM
How are you doing with your profile Phyllis? It looks like once you click the UserCP button at the top left of the page, that table of contents menu Saysusie mentioned on the left side of the page allows you to do just about everything. I'm still tinkering myself.

mountaindreamer
02-16-2009, 03:09 PM
hi rob,
I think I got it, but there is still so much that I don't understand (it has nothing to do with the new layout) my electronic ignorance was here prior to any changes.

I do wonder though, how to check just the last post on a thread. Each time I try to call up only the last thread, I end up in someone's private message entries....

thanks for checking on me,
phyllis

rob
02-16-2009, 03:14 PM
I'm trying to figure out the same thing. Let me know if you figure it out and I'll do the same.

rob
02-16-2009, 03:20 PM
hi rob,
I think I got it, but there is still so much that I don't understand (it has nothing to do with the new layout) my electronic ignorance was here prior to any changes.

I do wonder though, how to check just the last post on a thread. Each time I try to call up only the last thread, I end up in someone's private message entries....

thanks for checking on me,
phyllis

OK, look at the top of the page in the blue bar where the User CP button is. In the bar near the center is a button called New Posts. Click it, and you'll see all the new posts made since the last time you were here. Also in the blue bar further to the right is the Quick Links button. Click it, and you'll get a drop down menu with a selection called Today's Posts. It will give you all new for the day.

Rastagirl
02-16-2009, 03:33 PM
I've been trying to figure out how to get to the last message posted also, without having to view them through the 'new posts', and I discovered....

Iif you go to the User Options and look at the menu on the left and choose 'Settings & Options, then choose 'Edit Options', then scroll down the page to 'Thread Display Options', you can choose to change your 'Thread Display Mode' to 'Linear - Newest First', rather than the default setting of 'Linear - Oldest First'.

That will make the last post come up first each time on a thread. That does mean that you'll be viewing all threads kind of backwards, though. Not sure if I like it yet...I may change back.

I hope I didn't confuse you competely. And there's probably a better way to get to that last post, that's just something I've discovered after playing around.

I sort of feel like a kid on a new playground, trying to figure out what all the equipment does, and whether it's something I want to play with. :)

Take care,

Lori :)