PDA

View Full Version : New Member in Arizona

Kimberlee
02-16-2009, 09:55 AM
Hi everyone!
I am very happy to have found a forum that has supportive and encouraging members. I'm am passionate advocate of strong community relations - we can all learn from each other and remember we are not alone in this.

I am 21 (nearly 22) and have had lupus for 8 years. Most of my struggles have been related to lupus nephritis and secondary adrenal insufficiency caused by prednisone.

I always keep in mind that lupus is a part of me, but it does not define my life. It has shaped me into the person I am today, and has definitely made me wiser, more mature, and grateful for every day I have. I have learned to prioritize, putting those things that matter most at the forefront of my life.

Please feel free to email me with questions - especially newly diagnosed, in your teens, or facing the challenge of adrenal insufficiency.

Take care! :)

TobyJug
02-16-2009, 10:25 AM
welcome to the forum......

Rastagirl
02-16-2009, 12:43 PM
Hello Kimberlee..

Welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us. The more people with encourging, positive attitudes the better.

Sounds like you've lived and learned a great deal through your years with Lupus. It does cause us to prioritize and learn to put the most important things first in our lives. We learn that our energy is a valuable commodity that is never to be wasted. And when energy is priceless, it is best used on those things that are most important to us in our lives.

You have a perspective of someone that has battled this from a young age, and that will be a valuable asset in helping other young people in their current struggle.

May I suggest that you also post in the Teen forum at some point and share your inspiration and encouragement.

Thanks for sharing with us.

Fondly,

Lori :)

Saysusie
02-16-2009, 12:51 PM
Welcome to our family. Like you, many of us have had to learn how to manage our lives with this disease and to not let it define us. We also have found that we've learned to develop a greater appreciation for those things in life that are important and that we are grateful for every moment that is given to us.
I am glad that you found us and that you decided to join us. You will find that the members here are all very caring, supportive and willing to always be of help whenever you need it.

Once Again....Welcome
Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

mountaindreamer
02-16-2009, 02:35 PM
hi kimberlee,
welcome to the forum. You are definitely a very wise young woman, but I am so sorry that a painful life/changing disease is what is bringing this wisdom.

I used to multi-task....now I am "simple minded" I do one thing at a time. I laugh about it, but deep inside, there is a tremendous amount of sadness when we realize that we are not able to do what we once did.

take care, welcome, hope you find comfort with the group.