PDA

View Full Version : 021409 - site updated - please read

admin
02-14-2009, 08:43 PM
Hi all,
Happy Valentine's Day. We've updated our website so don't freak out that things look a little different. I will be working the next several days to install more features and fix any bugs reported by members. Please take one minute to read this:

IF YOUR PASSWORD DOES NOT WORK - (All members need to reset passwords) You can enter your registered email address here:
http://forum.wehavelupus.com/login.php?do=lostpw
This will send a new temporary password to your registered email address.
If your registered email does NOT match your current email and you do not have access to your registered email address, then please join my personal forum at http://forum.conradaskland.com (http://forum.conradaskland.com/) and PM me request to have your password updated.
REPORT BUGS - If you have any problems with the functionality here please post on THIS THREAD. Examples might be you can't upload avatars, or can't access private forums, etc. I will scan through this thread and fix requests as we go along.

Your input will speed up the cleanup process and is greatly appreciated. Most of the site changes will happen over the next four days and I will post some of those changes as we go along.

- Conrad

Rastagirl
02-14-2009, 10:32 PM
Happy Valentine's Day to you, Admin...I hope it's a special one for you....

This site is amazing!! Wow! I've only been around clicking on a few things so far, but may I say, this is absolutely top-of-the-notch stuff you've given us here.

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!

This is going to be so much fun figuring it all out. What a truly wonderful Valentine gift for all of us. I really appreciate it, Conrad. :)

Fondly with Hugs,

Lori :)

admin
02-14-2009, 11:07 PM
It will get much better. Give me three days.

rob
02-15-2009, 01:25 PM
I just logged on, no problems so far. Good to see everyone.

Rob

Rastagirl
02-15-2009, 08:49 PM
Admin...

I've been all around the site and no bugs so far....but I did notice a typo. I know that's probably not super important on your list of things to fix, but I just can't help notice those things. I did proofreading for a typesetting company in a past job, so they kind of jump off the page for me. :)

In the heading of the Forum, Lupus Erythematosus Symptoms, right below it is a description of the forum, and there is an 'L' right before the word erythematosus.

Please feel free to tell me I'm being too picky and to not bother you with typos. I promise I will not take offense. I do understand that your priority right now is with the bugs and things that need to be worked out.

admin
02-16-2009, 04:10 AM
Fixed. No, not not-picky - I'd say that was fairly important.

KathyW1958
02-16-2009, 08:44 AM
I think that this site is great. I just logged into the site.

I hope that you had a very good Valentine's Day.

Hugs,
Kathy

Saysusie
02-16-2009, 01:17 PM
Been surfing around, playing with and experimenting with....so far...no problems Conrad.

You Are The Best
Saysusie

mountaindreamer
02-16-2009, 01:42 PM
this is a test....I have been trying all day to get on, and I think I just made it....just a test.

I have missed each of you the past couple of days. Hope everyone is doing ok

phyllis

rob
02-16-2009, 01:56 PM
It's good to see you Phyllis!

So far everything seems to be working well Conrad. Everything works really fast now. Very cool.

Oluwa
02-16-2009, 02:34 PM
My avatar option isn't working Beloved Admin....

Thank you for ALL you do..hugs.

Love,
Oluwa

iseedeadmonkeys
02-16-2009, 02:38 PM
ohhhh my bad!!

Taken me all day to get here, u know what i did dont you? and i really appoligise to Conrad too, i had the wrong link in my favorites, so stupid me and my fogs brain hasnt been working properly, been driving me nuts!!

sorry again

Saysusie
02-16-2009, 02:43 PM
No problem. It took me a moment to realize that I had to put the new link in my bookmarks or else I'd keep going to the old site :-)
Don't feel bad. We are so glad that you found you way and that you are here now.

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

mountaindreamer
02-16-2009, 02:48 PM
hi isdm

glad you found us... I tried for hours before I wandered into the right place. I don't think I ever changed my favorites...must go and do that.

anyway....glad you are back,
phyllis

rob
02-16-2009, 02:52 PM
I did the exact same thing. Had to change my desktop shortcut and favorites listing. Works like a charm now.

sits_inthe_corner
02-16-2009, 04:26 PM
Sits reporting for duty. Lot's to see and poke around with lol great job Conrad!

Oluwa
02-16-2009, 04:40 PM
Beloved Admin...

I have no Quick Reply Icons....

Thank you.
Love,
Oluwa

mountaindreamer
02-16-2009, 05:44 PM
I have noticed a discrepancy with the new site. When in my personal message, I noticed that the dates for the messages are incorrect. The last one said "yesterday at 10:48", and it is today at 7:40?

Just something that I noticed and did not know if anyone else had. No big deal...I am loving this new format.

Oluwa
02-16-2009, 06:08 PM
Hey Phyllis...

Did you change your time zone on your profile..edit option list..date and time section?

Love,
Oluwa

Oluwa
02-16-2009, 07:09 PM
Conrad...

On some newer posts of new members, or less than a few posts posted, under their moniker it reads....Beloved AdminNewbie AlertModeratorMember Booted.

Is that a possible kink?

Hey, also all the forums thread show up in chronological order, newest first except for the Symptoms Forum. For me, it is listed alphabetically by thread title...A - Z. I have to click on date to reorganize it. Tried the options page list, nothing...

Love,
Oluwa

mountaindreamer
02-16-2009, 07:17 PM
I did not know that it was even a option, much less a necessary change. I will go to profile and see if I can find this option. thanks

Angel Oliver
02-16-2009, 07:45 PM
When you get a private message from someone and you have 2 options to forward or reply....i pressed reply and you dont get the blank page you expect.You actually go to the senders original page.So i clicked out of it and then clicked on the senders name and replied that way instead. Just try it and you'll understand what i mean.No big deal really, i got there in the end, but its a small gremlin in the works i think lol :)

But i do love it...well done on such hard work. :) xx

Angel.xx

Oluwa
02-16-2009, 07:52 PM
A.O..

What that is, is their reply quoted. I don't know if it is a default with this new forum, but I know in the other forum if you wanted to refer to the originator PM you had to hit quote and it showed up like that in your reply post...

I used that feature all the time, as my little pea brain couldn't retain what I had just read....

Just highlight and deleted it instead of clicking about and finding a new window to reply in,

Maybe there is another way, Beloved Admin will show us...

Love..hugs,
Oluwa

Angel Oliver
02-16-2009, 08:06 PM
ah thanks for that Oluwa.Hope you are having a good day today and feel ok :) Im off to bed now i think 3.10am and so wish it was 10pm lol...so i could have more sleep. Nitexxxxxxx

mountaindreamer
02-16-2009, 09:19 PM
is anyone else having trouble finding new posts. I am having to search for posts, they are not highlighted. Don't know if it is me, or if a glitch that will be corrected. I thought new posts were being highlighted, but I keep finding some that are not marked in any way.

admin
02-16-2009, 10:01 PM
Thank you, will look at those now.

Members can now upload same size avatars as before, 100x100. If you uploaded in the last couple days you can redo it for slightly larger size.

PM quota raised to 250 so your mailboxes won't be full.

Album pictures can now upload up to 800x800 pixels.

Oluwa
02-16-2009, 10:31 PM
Thank you Conrad...

Saysusie
02-16-2009, 10:53 PM
Wow..he is fixing issues before they become issues. I love the way everything here works. Everything seems so much easier, once you get the hang of it!

Saysusie

kriscoop
02-17-2009, 06:14 AM
like the new format!

I am one of the newer members with "Beloved AdminNewbie AlertModeratorMember Booted" under their names...any way to fix that?

--kristin

Oluwa
02-17-2009, 09:07 AM
Oh, Conrad..I see where the 'Quick Rely' is...it is the paper and quill icon in the lower right hand of each post. It was always there.

I was thinking it was like a 'standard reply' when you clicked on an icon...LOL. Like..Hi, Dude....Have a great day.

Everyone....What 'Quick Reply' does or doesn't in this cause.... it doesn't cycle to the regular the post box, you just use the simple one below...cool.

No waste in time....there it is....

Thank you again, Conrad...hugs.

Love,
Oluwa

admin
02-17-2009, 09:28 AM
All threads should show now in proper order.

I had the last two days off so I was able to get a lot done. Will be a little slower now, but I'll keep chipping away at it.

Oluwa
02-17-2009, 09:34 AM
Conrad,

You've done a wonderful job, already....we appreciate all you do for us, really. Hugs.
Love,
Oluwa

mnjodette
02-17-2009, 06:12 PM
The WHL site looks fantastic...thanks for all of your work. I haven't looked around too much yet, but I like what I've seen. Lots to play with; much more up-to-date. Great job!

Jody

Saysusie
02-17-2009, 09:12 PM
Kriscoop;
Conrad is working on that issue. Hopefully it will be resolved shortly!

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

Saysusie
02-17-2009, 09:19 PM
Conrad;
Lauri's Lounge was after New Members on old site. Now, it follows Newly Diagnosed. Could we get it back to its original position - immediately after New Members?

SMOOCHES
I am having the best time playing with the new site and all of the new features. I haven't done a stitch of work in 2 days 'cuz I'm having so much fun here (lol)

Saysusie

admin
02-18-2009, 07:44 AM
Sure, I had moved it up there, will move it back.

BonusMom
02-18-2009, 02:16 PM
"I've been all around the site and no bugs so far....but I did notice a typo. I know that's probably not super important on your list of things to fix, but I just can't help notice those things. I did proofreading for a typesetting company in a past job, so they kind of jump off the page for me."

I'm with you on this one, Lori. "Newly Diagnosed" on the front page is also misspelled. Admin has done a great job with the new site and I really don't mean to be picky, but when they JUMP off the page, it's difficult to ignore ;)

Rastagirl
02-18-2009, 05:22 PM
Admin...

I was visiting Hatlady's Profile to see when she was last here and noticed at the top of the page the following:

warning: mktime ( ) expects parameter 5 to be long, string given in [path] /includes/class_userprofile.php on line 260

Honestly, didn't cause me any problems, but thought you might want it brought to your attention.

Saysusie
02-19-2009, 11:07 AM
THANK YOU!!

Many Smooches
Saysusie

Rastagirl
02-20-2009, 10:55 PM
I just wondered if you saw my post #38 on this thread.....about the programming string at the top of Hatlady's profile page?

Not sure if it's something that needs fixing.

Lori