PDA

View Full Version : Just got out of the hospital

sick n tired
02-11-2009, 04:26 PM
I have been ill for the last 8ish weeks...can't remember when...Started with a little cough then bronchitis and now pneumonia, as well as pericarditis...apparently I am getting more water and not less on my heart...that hurts, too.

Oh the CT scan also found and aneurysm leading to the spleen. I am not sure what will be done about this one. I read that the mortality rate is quite high if it ruptures, but many dr.s say wait...

I am so tired and ill...The bright side is my daughter Nadia has enrolled in nursing school and only is having minimal problems with her chest...I did ask God for it to be me and not her.

Thanks for "listening" to me whine

sits_inthe_corner
02-11-2009, 05:59 PM
Awwww sick n tired

That's hardly whining...you'll have to do better than that. I'm not even breaking out the cheese for that whimper.

You've earned a good whine. I've had pneumonia, I can't imagine adding that on to how I'm already feeling. Hugs to ya

By the way, what ever medications you are on for the pneumonia, if you do not start seeing an improvement soon, or if you actually start to feel worse, take note of the time you take the medication and how long after taking it you start to feel worse.

I was put on a drug that actually made me worse. I had to beg the doctor at emergency to let me miss a dose and prove to him that my temp would go down and I would stop throwing up.

I was right, the medication was driving my temp up to 103. Once they got me sorted out I started to improve.

Hope you are feeling better soon. Keep us posted.

Rastagirl
02-11-2009, 06:05 PM
Oh sick 'n tired....

What a rough time you're having. Sorry..... :cry:

It just sucks to be in the hospital...away from the comforts of home and your loved ones. I'm glad you're back home now. Sorry you just can't seem to shake the lung and heart issues. When both of those areas are affected, it can make you feel just awful. Sometimes Lupus picks an area to attack and just will not leave it alone. HUGS to you.........I hope you can start to get some strength and health back soon. :)

That's great news for your Nadia! She must be very excited about Nursing School. Good for her!! :D I'm glad her health is doing good.

I'll pray that you'll get past this and feel better...sooner rather than later.

Take good care of yourself.......

Fondly,

Lori :P

mountaindreamer
02-11-2009, 06:05 PM
hi sitsinthecorner

glad you are back, but so sorry that you have gone through such a tough time. Please take care of yourself, and let us help whenever we can.

phylis

sick n tired
02-11-2009, 08:01 PM
Thanks for making me feel better....

Lori...You are right...it is hard to be in hospital and they keep waking you up to take the temp and breathing treatments...It did help to get it in hand, though. It started to be like a runaway car careening down the hill.

SITC...I can't tell you how thankful you told me the story about your experience with certain antibiotics. A few weeks ago, I went to the doc with a full blown case of bronchitis...he gave me a shot...by that night I was soooo much worse I couldn't get out of bed. I still took the antibiotics that he prescribed. I got worse and worse and am where I am now. He just looked at me like I grew a second head or something when I told him I thought the original shot made me so much worse. My rheumy gave me something else for the pneumonia and of course I am on a mountainload of prednisone for my heart... :(

Has anyone heart of anneurysm of the spleen? I don't want to lose my spleen because it helps with immune system.

NoodleMom
02-11-2009, 08:54 PM
I am so sorry. I am one who has also had pneumonia. To have that along with everything uffda.
Hope and pray you feel better soon.

K

Danica01
02-12-2009, 12:12 AM
I am so sorry you are having a tough time right now. I am thinking of you and hopefully you will now get the rest you could not get in the hospital :wink: You should be so pleased that you raised a daughter who wants to take care of others at their worst times......you did great! Take care of yourself and I am sending you healing thoughts and gentle hugs. We all love you and wish a speedy recovery for you :wink:

Angel Oliver
02-12-2009, 05:08 AM
Oh im sorry you have been so ill. I am glad you are out of hospital now. I hope you adjust quickly to being home and i hope you get better every day.Sending you lve n hugs.
Love
Angel.xx

Saysusie
02-12-2009, 11:13 AM
I'm glad to hear that you are home and I hope that you continue to feel better!

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

Angel Oliver
02-12-2009, 06:38 PM
Just to say im thinking of you and hope you are feeling a little better today.

Love
Angel.xx