PDA

View Full Version : I went to the ER tonite

NoodleMom
02-10-2009, 10:10 PM
My painboth physical and emotional was triggered by yet another altercation with my daughter who is 13.
We recived two phonecall and a letter about her behavior at school. I am pretty strongly medicated and will be going to bed soon. Im not making sense.
I saw a couple of different docbefore they brought in the psych doc. I was nearly admitted. My HubbyMan was with me tho and he straightened them out. We are .................im sorry im falling asleepill wiiiite mor tommorow.

kas

Danica01
02-10-2009, 10:40 PM
Ah NoodleMom,This is not ok! I am thinking about you and will be here when you wake up and are ready to talk. I am sending you thoughts of a wonderful nights rest and gentle hugs for when you wake up :sleeping:

Rastagirl
02-10-2009, 10:51 PM
Oh Kasey...

I'm so, so sorry. What an awful experience you've had. :cry: I'm sending you Gentle, Caring Hugs......sorry you ended up in the ER.

Good thing your hubbyman was there with you to be a support and speak up for you. Sounds like he saved you from a night in the hospital.

I wish I knew the right words to say for your situation. I honestly believe being a mother is the hardest job in the world. Discipline and dealing with the behavior of our children are two of the things that make it so hard.

I'll just leave it at that. Your post made it quite clear that they gave you something pretty strong to help you relax and sleep tonight. I'll be praying for you...that you sleep peacefully. I'll pray for your daughter and the situation that brought this on.

Please take care of yourself tomorrow...I know everybody here cares for you very much. You are such an important part of this forum. :)

Fondly,

Lori

rob
02-11-2009, 02:17 AM
Get some rest Kasey. You've had a terrible night, just go easy on yourself. Talk when you are up to it, you know we'll be here.

KathyW1958
02-11-2009, 04:08 AM
Hi Kasey,
I am so sorry you went through this horrible experience. I am glad that your husband was with you at the hospital. I hope that you get to feeling better. I send you big gentle hugs.

Hug,
Kathy

kukukajoo
02-11-2009, 05:00 AM
Hang in there! I am sorry that this was so awful for you! I hope when you wake and begin your day that things are way better than they were last night. Will be thinking of you!

mountaindreamer
02-11-2009, 06:24 AM
hi Kasey,

I am so sorry that you have had this experience....yet another in our list of dreadful hospital visits. I hope you get lots of good rest and please know that we are here when you wake up.

Motherhood is such a difficult profession. we do all that we can....but sometimes it just is not enough....at least as far as the children are concerned. I hope that you and your husband can find a way to keep your daughter's choices from causing you such pain.

I continue to be plagued by a 28 year old son that believes that I did not do him right while he was growing up....he continues to try to make me pay. With Lupus, we already beat ourselves up because we can't be everything that we want to be, and it is so hurtful when others also beat us up.

Anyway, good sleep wishes to you Kasey,

phyllis

NoodleMom
02-11-2009, 09:16 AM
Well its another day. I slept pretty good last night. Nearly 8 hours. I had only gotten 3-4 hours of every night for the last week.

I see my doctor this afternoon. I will be getting a mood stabilizer med which should help with the very low lows.
Things in my life right now are overwhelming. My children needs are so intense. Behaviors are out of whack especially with dd13. She rages and can hurt me with not even a second thought. She is violent both physically and verbally.

My illness is so difficult. I am in pain most of the time. Sometimes I can function and others I can not. Last week I had a bit of reprieve from the pain and lack of stamina. I was almost feeling like...i guess like I was able to contribute in my family and actually live life instead of being stuck in bed and just existing. I took my girls shopping on Saturday, The first time I had been out except for doctors appointments in a very long time. I have been paying for it ever since. My pain level and lack stamina got worse and then my depression got deeper. After the altercation with my daughter I fell into the pit that I get in. My pain and emotions just went crazy big. HubbyMan made the decision to take me in. I think I scared him.

We were in the ER over four hours and at the psych intake for an hour. The ER tested me for alcohol overdose, tylenol overdose and a drug screen. I did find out that I am anemic. I was able to talk thru some of what I am going thru with the Psych Intake counselor. We determined that I was not at risk at that moment. She did affirm me in that I am so physically and emotionally worn out and setting up some sort of respite is imperative for my well being.

WE are going to talk with our church about all of this. I dont have a clue how this will play out in my life. All I know right now is that some changes need to be made or I will crack and then definitely I will end up in the psych ward.

Kasey

Saysusie
02-11-2009, 09:39 AM
Noodlemom;
I am so sorry to hear that the stresses in your life are causing you so much pain and flare-ups. I agree with the psych intake, you need a respite or this constant stress is going to cause serious problems.
Have you thought about finding some help for your daughter? She is at the age where everything in her is changing. She may be having difficulty coming to terms with her self, let alone the illnes of her mother. She might benefit from some therapy and/or counseling so that she can work out her issues, understand what it is that she's angry about, and learn some effective behavior modification.
I am glad to hear that you are seeking help from your church. It is just as important for you to get help as it is for your daughter to get help. Please try to get some rest, find some peace and let us know how you are doing.

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

cherokee993
02-11-2009, 10:46 AM
Big gentle hugs noodle - ((HUGS))

Angel Oliver
02-11-2009, 12:44 PM
Hi,

So sorry to read about what you've been going through.Glad you had a sleep and i hope you feel a little better soon .

Love n hugs
Angel.xxxxxxxxx

mountaindreamer
02-11-2009, 02:32 PM
hi kasey,

Gently hugs to you, will send energies your way.

take care,
phyllis

sits_inthe_corner
02-11-2009, 03:58 PM
Gentle hugs to ya Kasey,

I think this respite idea sounds like a very good step.

My mom was very sick about the time I was turning 13. Even though I knew how sick she was and my sister and I did our best to help out around the house. I was an emotional wreck and I know mom wore it somedays.

Having said that, I loved/love my mother from the depths of my heart. Always have and always will. I felt her pain as if it where my own.

13 years of age is such an emotionally ugly time for most females. When she comes out the other side of the battle of the hormones she is going to look back at this time in horror. I know I do.

It's not her, it's the stage she's going through.

You are tired and you deserve some help to get things sorted out. I truely hope everything goes well with the respit and that you and your daughter can heal and rebond.

Hugs we're here if you need to talk. :)

sick n tired
02-11-2009, 04:04 PM
hey Noodlemom,

So sorry to hear of the new stresses in your life...I agree with Saysusie, she may need to see someone. We are talking about finding someone with our 15 yr old to see. I, too, get cought up in all of the stresses of her teenagehood (is that a word?) and then get ill.

Perhaps your church can help..is she in a youth group and is there an adult who can take her under their wing? It sure would take some of the stresses off of you.

Take care...

<<<<HUGS>>>>

BonusMom
02-11-2009, 06:51 PM
Teenagers can be a handful with their demands to be treated as an adult; raging hormones and self-centeredness. It's amazing that we all survived our teenage years (and that our parents did too!).I agree in that I'd try to find a therapist that specalizes in the treatment of teens and for you, I would insist hubby take an active role in the discipline so that it doesn't cause more episodes like it did last night.

Kids are masters at planning your next guilt trip and, as mothers, er parents, with a chronic illness (or three), we often feel guilty for circumstances out of our control. The guilt can make you sick. Please take care of yourself by getting your kids some help and then, maybe group/family therapy.