PDA

View Full Version : Periods? Trouble?

kukukajoo
02-10-2009, 05:35 PM
I am having my 6th one since Thanksgiving day (started that day!) and they are really heavy. Used to the heavy thing, but used to be regular right up until turkey day.

Just wondering what others have experienced.

mountaindreamer
02-10-2009, 05:42 PM
can't heop you here. I had a hysterectomy many years ago due to endometriosis (sp). I don't regret that decision.

lucky7
02-10-2009, 06:30 PM
Hi kukukajoo!!

Mine are all wonky too! Not only do i have 2 or 3 in one month sometimes butt my PMS symptoms make my flares soooo BAD!!!! I flare almost every time i get PMS! My body wants to start sometimes when its not supposed to etc.......

so no youre not alone! WOOO HOO the world of Lupus! isnt it great!

lucky7
02-10-2009, 06:31 PM
Oops! Isaid butt instead of but!

I have a little brain fog going can ya tell!!!

kukukajoo
02-10-2009, 08:18 PM
Jeanette, (was my favorite aunts name!)

It sounds similar to what I suffer. I am having deep lung and chest pain just like I usually do, and cramps soooo bad! I feel kucky and just want to sleep but not tired really and too much pain.

I put this on my list for MD

Danica01
02-10-2009, 10:37 PM
I hear ya girls!!!!!! PMS and flares go hand in hand for me. That is why I am on a birth control pill that allows me to go a full year or long with no period. I am trying to avoid the whole PMS and flare issue :wink: I also suffer from horrible ovarian cysts, I actually had surgery back in December because they were so bad :( I feel for you and I know how yucky both of you must feel when this happens :!: Hang in there and you might want to call your doctor and ask about this :wink:

kukukajoo
02-11-2009, 05:12 AM
I am heading the Gyn next week, have had the appt since before I knew about the APS. We had talked previously about getting one of those new mirena IUDs as they just release hormone to the uterus and not systemically as I can't take pill. I have my tube s tied and doing this strictly to control bleeding issues.

I found an article online last night that said they were safe for APS ladies so I am going to push for this to get done ASAP. Relief from excessive bleeding and flares so frequently will be a great change in my life!

Starting to feel my life is revolving around doctors appts, reminds me of when the kids were young and my life revolved around their activities, school, dances, sports, etc! I WANT THOSE DAYS BACK!

lucky7
02-11-2009, 11:03 AM
Yeah, iheard about the pill doing that but i dont want to take anymore meds cuz im already on some along with a herb and vitamin regimen.

Lucky you Danica! No period for a yr!!! WOO HOO!!!!!!

I hear ya kukukajoo! My life tends to revolve around appts too!

Yeah, i also used to be alot more active. Its a hard adjustment,im still getting used to it. I just do what i can now. Sometimes my husband reminds me to take better care of myself cuz when i flare too much he knows im trying to be the "old Jeannette".

Im my nephews favorite aunt by the way!! LOL I have to be honest though, im his ONLY aunt!!! LOL

Danica01
02-11-2009, 09:45 PM
I love it! It gives me a sense of control over at least one thing in my body:wink:

kukukajoo
02-12-2009, 02:33 PM
I am envious of all those with no periods to contend with!!!!