PDA

View Full Version : I might have a new job already!

kukukajoo
02-10-2009, 11:31 AM
I had to leave my job due to these awful symptoms I have been having and trying not to worry about what I would do for work but have been really worried and it is there in my brain stewing. I have bills and savings will only take me so far here!

I kept thinking that because I had only lasted 60 days at the place I would have a hard time finding work and just didn't know what I wanted to do.

I have a friend who works at the nursing home my gram was in her final couple of months. I used to work with her and she is the director of HR and just knows me and how hard I can work. I gave her a ring just now and she can put me on per diem (I am a RN) and then eventually go to full time, or I can go to full time days now. I told her I thought that would be a little much for now as I explained the whole medical issue and she is fine with everything!! I just have to fax back an application to her and go from there!

So I am not sure I am ready but this is there if I want which puts me at ease and they are always looking for people so even if I wait a little but that will be okay, too.

Angel Oliver
02-10-2009, 11:34 AM
Oh what fantastic news Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :)

Love
Angel.xxx

kukukajoo
02-10-2009, 12:39 PM
It is a huge relief! Now I just gotta get better enough to work!

rob
02-10-2009, 02:57 PM
That is great news! And to get into a job where they know up front about your medical issues and are OK with it, is even better. It sounds pretty flexible. I think that's a must. I'm happy you have some good news!

lucky7
02-10-2009, 03:06 PM
WOO HOO!!!!

YIPPEE!!!!

HOORAY!!! :lol:

kukukajoo
02-10-2009, 03:22 PM
I felt it best to be honest and she of all people knowing me and my drive would understand completely and this way they are willing to work with me. She says I will know my schedule a month in advance which will be helpful in booking appointments and such.

I feel very lucky and like a huge weight is off my shoulders.

lucky7
02-10-2009, 03:27 PM
Awwwww, GOOD for YOU!

What a wonderful thing to have an understanding boss! Thats hard to find anyways but especially with an illness!

Im happy you found this cuz i know from personal experience its not that easy! WOO HOO again! lol :lol:

mountaindreamer
02-10-2009, 05:08 PM
hi krissy,

congrats, i am so happy that you have found a job that sounds like will provide you flexibility in your schedule.

thank goodness for friends. She knew your work morals, and I am sure that she is thrilled that you will be at her nursing home. All of the residents are truly the lucky ones.

share a smile today,
phyllis

Rastagirl
02-10-2009, 05:16 PM
Congratulations, Krissie.... :D

A 'huge weight that has lifted' is right! Your heart must be cheering right now. I'm really happy for you. I'll second what Lucky7 said, finding a job is not an easy feat in these times.

Now be sure you take is easy, take care of yourself and do all the right things and before you know it, you'll be showing up for work ready to go!

You deserve to celebrate this accomplishment!!! :lol: :multi:

I'll bet you sleep better tonight........... :sleeping:

Fondly,

Lori :P

Danica01
02-11-2009, 12:13 AM
I am so excited for you :!: :!: I am also proud that you were honest about your condition. I know, from experience, that honesty can cause pain and heartache; however, there will always be times when people surprise you :wink:

kukukajoo
02-11-2009, 05:02 AM
Thanks everyone. I am not sure how honest and open I would have been had I not known her.

Knowing something is there when I am ready has me able to relax more. I feel like I slept better last night.

I just gotta get over the fear of not being able to work anytime soon or having my career cut short by this. I am scared but staying positive!