PDA

View Full Version : Left arm, right arm?

justdave
02-09-2009, 04:52 PM
I have always been right handed. My right arm has always been stronger, I write with it, shoot a basket ball with it, ect....

But lately I have found my right arm weaker than my left. as well as my right leg. It's like they have switched sides. I still write with my right but it gets tired easy.

Shy of a stroke, which I think I would know if I had. Is there something with Lupus that could mess with that?

Maybe the prednisone is changing my muscle structure.

mountaindreamer
02-09-2009, 05:12 PM
hi justdave,

this is quite interesting. I went throuh a flare where the left side of my body seemed to loose its strength. I would drag my left foot, and my left arm was useless. I took this weird sleep position test, and they noticed a significant difference between my left and right sides. Never found an answer, just remembered this when i read your post.

life with lupus is so strange. My daughter swears it is very predictable....you can predict that strange things will happen.

share a smile today,

rob
02-09-2009, 05:24 PM
What's happening to you might be what's called Neuropathy. Without getting too technical, nerves can become enflamed and cause problems like you mentioned. You may want to consider seeing a neurologist if it keeps up.

I have weakness in my right arm and right leg, but mine is caused by whats called de-myelinization, caused by my other nemesis MS. Do you notice this happening when you are having a flare? Does it come and go, or is it constant?

Rob