PDA

View Full Version : My turn................

iseedeadmonkeys
02-09-2009, 05:40 AM
To see the Rhuemy today :)

Hiya everyone its me!
Ive got an appointment to see my rhuemy today (aka kevvie baby),
my appointment is at 4pm, i dont know why but im really nervous :?:
pehaps because ive not seen him for a very long time since august 08! ive got a nice long list for him, and today im going to aske him about the following:-

1. I need a 6 month medical cert for ESA,
2. As some of you know ive suffered with some rght old back pain so much so its reduced me to tears at times, i want to know why the lupus is attacking my back so much,
3. The burning sensation in my shoulders and neck - is there a possible link to Fibro!
4. My swollen knee,
5. Why i experience a dry mouth as soon as i go to bed, but have dy eyes during the day,
6. flashing lights/sparkly lights - from another post someone wrote,
7. why do i get pins and needles in my hips?
8. And finally pain in the arms at night, and the numbness in hands and finger tips....it wasnt til Danica wrote a thread about it i thought ah hang on i get that too,

So thats it peeps, im going to get ready now as i have to catch a bus shortly, i will let you all know whats what when i come home

Love
Jane
xx

Spanglishqueen
02-09-2009, 06:15 AM
Good luck :!:

Angel Oliver
02-09-2009, 06:20 AM
Goodluck and hope it goes well and you get the answers you need. I'll be thinking of you and sending you courage through the airwaves.

Love
Angel.xxx

sits_inthe_corner
02-09-2009, 10:20 AM
good luck at the appointment, let us know how you make out. :)

iseedeadmonkeys
02-09-2009, 12:46 PM
Well im backkkk :)

Took ages lol i had so many questions to ask him, so heres how it is,
He has put me back onto predisalone im starting at 15mg, next he puts the methotrexate up 12.5mg which aint too bad just took the dose now, He sent me for a xray for my back there and then he said if its a slipped disc then the physio will sort it out for me (he has already ordered me some physio) if its not he will send me for a mri on my back to see if its a trapped nerve (which he thinks it is) then he will send me for an operation to get it sorted :D, He is also sending me for a skin biopsy, which is what i was sposed to have in the first place, dunno why the skin woman dint send me for one lol i forgot at the time to ask, he said my bloods are coming back well and my body is really coping well with the drugs, liver fine kidneys fine too :D he is a little concerned about the inflammatory levels tho and would expect the mtx to have sorted it by now, i did explain to him as from a child ive always coped better with double the normal doese,

So there we go, any questions peeps? ask away

Did i mention i had to strip? 2wice!! well yeah i did, if anyone else asks me to strip today im gonna have to decline sorry, theres only so many times i get dressed in one day :D
xxx

Angel Oliver
02-09-2009, 01:44 PM
Hi ISDM,

Oh sounds like he was thorough including getting you to strip twice lmao...bet he thought it was his lucky day :) Only kidding. OUCH a slipped disc no wonder it hurts you so much.Glad he's sorting you out. How long did he give you to answer your questions? I ask this cause when i saw mine i went in with a list and he said he doesnt read them at the appointment and would read them when he does his paperwork. Then i felt rushed so felt to bits and forgot everything. Is yours better with you?

Love Angel.xxx

iseedeadmonkeys
02-09-2009, 03:24 PM
Angel,

Yeah i think he was trying to rush me lol but i waited til he finished his paper work, coz im nice like tht lol, got his attention then asked him the questions, i stayed til i got all the answers i wanted :D

x

mountaindreamer
02-09-2009, 04:19 PM
hi monkey lady,

so glad you got so much attention today. Sound like your dr. is trying to find solutions. Where is the back pain? If it is muscular, you might want to try the following: keep an electric heating pad beside your bed. In the morning, set your alarm for 20 minutes early. Lie on the heating pad and warm up the area. Then try very gentle stretch, and see if muscle will loosen up. I can also give you some specific stretching motions if I know where the pain is.

I certainly hope that this is nothing that requires surgery. Back surgery is so difficult to recover from. Let me know, and hang in there girl....you are the greatest.

share a smile today,
phyllis

Danica01
02-09-2009, 08:08 PM
I am so proud of you for making sure that all of your question were answered! Sometimes I think that doctors forget that they are there for us and to help us, not the other way around. Just think, if it wasn't for us......they would be out of a job!!!!! Maybe we should get a bonus!!!!!

Angel,

Yeah i think he was trying to rush me lol but i waited til he finished his paper work, coz im nice like tht lol, got his attention then asked him the questions, i stayed til i got all the answers i wanted :D

x

cherokee993
02-09-2009, 09:05 PM
Good luck with the back issues! Glad you got your questions answered that is awesome!

I have had two back surgeries, one at age 18 and one at age 31 (just a year and a half ago). I did well with both of them, I had herniated disks which were trapping the nerve the first time. the second time the same thing only this time scar tissue was making it worse. The doc said the surgeries were good for about 10 years, and he was right LOL. I started having the return pain when I was 29 but waited til 31 to have the second surgery because my son was not walking yet and I wanted to wait until he could walk. Plus I was finishing up nursing school.

Anywhoo it really is amazing how the pain goes away after surgery!

Good luck hon!!!!!!

iseedeadmonkeys
02-10-2009, 01:46 AM
Aint no mountain high enough.......................

The pain starts from the middle on either side on my spine bout half way down my sholder blades do you no where i mean? i could draw a pic i guess lol then post it on here like toby showed us, il do that hehe, il draw red marks on the places it hurts blue where it starts and yellow at the end, blimey does this make sence? il re write it on the pic lol,
Som stretches would be lovely ty :D

And for the rest of you, i kno hes bloody brillant isnt he!
xx

iseedeadmonkeys
02-10-2009, 02:06 AM
http://i681.photobucket.com/albums/vv171/popsy17/myback.jpg

Blue - where the pain starts

Red - where the pain affects

Yellow - where the pain leaves me weak at the end of the day.

P.s aint the best of pics ive ever drawn lol i hope you make some sort of sence from it
Oh and btw my hands are not that big in real life pmsl :D:D
Jane
xx

Angel Oliver
02-10-2009, 05:20 AM
Rolf Harris eat ur heart out lol.....ISDM....your wasted here fantastic drawing lol :)

Angel.xx

iseedeadmonkeys
02-10-2009, 06:50 AM
lmao angel every time i scroll down and look at it i cringe lol :shock:

I think it the shakes ive got that wont let me draw properly haha excuse excuse..............imma bad drawer :lol:

Angel Oliver
02-10-2009, 10:56 AM
Hey dont, its fab and every time i scroll down to look at it i smile...so well done :)

Love
Angel.xxx

Angel Oliver
02-10-2009, 10:57 AM
At least you can put a photo on here right and now draw pictures.....i carnt even put a photo on lol :)

mountaindreamer
02-10-2009, 05:51 PM
hi iseedeadmonkeys,

i have the exact pain that runs accross my back between my shoulder blades, about half the way down (sort of in the middle). It is excrutiating pain, and hits me almost each day...sometimes worse than others. Mine is obviously not spine related, I can tell it is not in the bone.

so weird...i did not anyone had this painl

hope you feel ok today,
phyllis

iseedeadmonkeys
02-11-2009, 02:33 AM
And the funny thing is mountain,
he tells me is not lupus related :!:
But the pain came with the flare, so who nos
When i get into bed at the end of the night, i just
feel pressure on my back, like someone is standing on it
i dont think kevvie baby is very concerned about it
and thats a shame, cause its the biggest pain in the butt
right now for me, today i am pain free, which is really good
just abit foggy and that, i can feel my fingers are trying it on a bit
too, but i wont let them lol, anyway mountain who nos aye,
summin aint right there

peace~and~love
ISDM
xx

mountaindreamer
02-11-2009, 07:05 AM
good morning Isee...,

I have learned to not worry about whether the dr. says it is lupus related. All I know is that the pain is real, and it drives me crazy. It feels like somone is pressing their fist into my back, and it travels to the other side. I find it interesting that there is someone other than me that suffers from this.

Please be careful about surgery...I really don't think mine is spine related...more like soft tissue/muscle.

have a great day,
phyllis

iseedeadmonkeys
02-11-2009, 10:47 AM
Mountain,

I agree i had a injury on my back years ago, it comes up from time to time, im wondering if this is the final straw for it!
Theres nothing i can do nor take im just back onto having hot baths again lol niceeeeeee :D
Im glad you have got it too (not overally because its you) just that you have to same experiences so i can share away with you,

peace
xx

mountaindreamer
02-11-2009, 03:07 PM
thanks isee....

I know what you mean...it is when we find others with the same symptoms, it validates our symptom and helps us accept it as another "slap in the back of the head" by lupus.

phyllis

sits_inthe_corner
02-17-2009, 06:48 PM
Woohoo...good for you sticking it out till ya got your answers!

Glad things went well and you were thoroughly checked out. Hope things start to improve for you

iseedeadmonkeys
02-18-2009, 05:11 AM
Yes, thanx we will see, ive heard anything yet, im still waiting for the letter for physio :)

whilst i wait this site has become my new addition (addiction) must go play another game hehe,

how are you anyway? did you have a good w/e?

ISDM
xx