PDA

View Full Version : anyone take meds for fatigue?

kukukajoo
02-07-2009, 09:15 PM
Such as amphetamines or other meds they usually give for ADD and fatique in cancer patients? It seems that if they are treating the fatigue that would be a huge help to many.

dhyanayoga
02-07-2009, 10:40 PM
I have tried modafinil and it does work, but because the pain is bad, I really need to take a nap during the day, and the modafinil won't let you sleep. It does not, however, interrupt night time sleep.

BonusMom
02-07-2009, 10:51 PM
I have taken Adderall for quite a while (also used Dexedrine for a time) for Excessive Daytime Sleepiness. Unfortunately, my fatigue has been horrible of late and the Adderall isn't doing the job. On the advice of my neuro, I added 1/2 Provigil and it didn't do a thing for me. Neuro wants me to take a "medication vacation" for 30 days, but can't afford to do so at this time. Although they warn of possible weight loss, I haven't experienced that side effect :( I cannot imagine being without meds for 30 days.....talk about a zombie!

Faith
02-17-2009, 10:36 PM
Hi kukukajoo,

I alternate Dexedrine one day and Phentermine the next; otherwise your body becomes used to the meds. I still take naps and I am noticing even with altering the meds; I still crash. It does allow me to work 3.5 hours per day; I struggle daily. I take one day at a time. As far as weight loss; not much except when I am in a flare and don't eat at all.

I hope this helps.

Take care,

Faith