PDA

View Full Version : Getting the energy for work (maintaining the energy)

cherokee993
02-07-2009, 08:57 PM
Hey friends, just little ole me here with another question. I'm having a harder time each day it seems getting my energy to go to work and keeping my energy up at work. My job requires a lot of energy and I've tried a few things - sleep, coffee, vitamins, etc. and its just not enough some days. I know its a part of the disease but wowsa!

Any tips?

sits_inthe_corner
02-08-2009, 04:31 AM
Gentle hugs to ya cherokee

Sounds like you are doing everything you can. Hopefully the fatigue will pass soon.

I usually do all the good healthy eating, excersize even though I don't feel like it, plenty of rest and hang on by my fingernails and pray it passes soon.

I finally got to make an extra long weekend Yah...I have Monday and Tuesday off. Hoping to recharge my batteries.

Angel Oliver
02-08-2009, 06:32 AM
Oh i think most of us understand that dilema. Sending you gentle hugs my friend. I went through the same thing.It got to the point where the insomnia was so bad i was actually going to work some days on no sleep. Work tried to be sympathetic, but it got to the point where i was getting so much work and i was dragging my body around like a lead blanket and i was crying when the customers came in and just said ''goodmorning''. lol not the receptionist you want at a desk :)

I decided enough was enough and had to go on the sick. I must say though i fought it and worked through from 2004 to Dec 2007. I decided it felt like my dignity was going and i couldnt cope with the basics of life. I feel i have gone downhill since...so a good move on my part.

Now im not suggesting you do the same as i did, as everyone is different and ive recently been told i dont have Lupus, i have M.E/asthma/Raynauds/Insomnia/IBS/AReflux.

So my advice would be...maybe ask your employer if you can also do a short week or even start work later and explain about your illness. They maybe very supportive to you as mine was in the beginning. Just take your time at work and try not to do things as you used to do.....take it slow. It sounds like you are doing the right things so far.

Hope this helps a little.
Love
Angel.xxx