PDA

View Full Version : allergic?

Davita28
02-07-2009, 03:31 AM
i was just wondering is any one else allergic to plaquenil? :(

sits_inthe_corner
02-07-2009, 04:29 AM
Awww Davita28

What type of reaction did you have to it?

I've been on plaquenil for a little over a year now. So far I have not had any bad reactions to it.

iseedeadmonkeys
02-07-2009, 04:31 AM
Hiya, ive not had any allergies to it, just the sidies really, ive only been on it 1 year 1/2

im intrested what reations you have too

x

Davita28
02-07-2009, 02:52 PM
I broke out into serious hives and my whole body felt like it was on fire even my tongue and eyes itched. So far i am the only person I know who is allergic to it and i know it is one of the most common meds used.

sits_inthe_corner
02-08-2009, 04:38 AM
Hi Davita

Sorry you had such a bad reaction to plaquenil, did your doctor take you off it?

I believe a rash is one of the many many side effects in the looooong list I read.

I never had that one, but it did upset my stomack till my doctor gave me anothe option for how I could take it. Since then it's been working fine for me.

Hope you feel better soon.

cherokee993
02-08-2009, 06:55 PM
I started Plaq. in August and and November I got erythema multiforme really bad (hives all over in circular shaped lesions), went to ER got prednisone, benadryl, etc. etc. etc. and lots of meds, went away, off pred but still on plaq. and came back.

Off plaquenil and no more hives.

So we think I"m allergic to it. It was the only change.

mountaindreamer
02-09-2009, 01:29 PM
Hi Davita28,

Your reaction sounds a lot like what happens to me if put on anti-inflammatories (NSAIDS, Ibuproperen, etc.). I break out everywhere, in the most horendous burning, itching rash. Is Plaquenil the only new med? I started Plaquenil 2 months ago, and so far am doing fine.

Keep us posted.

phyllis