PDA

View Full Version : New member

Davita28
02-07-2009, 03:14 AM
hello everyone
I was diagnosed with lupus SLE with an over lap of Scleroderma in 2004 I also have Raynauds Phenomenon. I am lucky to have never been in the hospital for more than a couple of hours. I am so happy to have found a website with actual people on it.

TobyJug
02-07-2009, 03:38 AM
welcome to the forum....

sits_inthe_corner
02-07-2009, 04:27 AM
Welcome to the site Davita28

Glad you found us. Nothing more frustrating then finding a site and no one really interacts on it.

This is a warm friendly group of people. Looking foreward to more posts from you.

I'm 49 yr old female, I've not been diagnosed as yet. Lupus runs in my family. I have many of the symptems but my blood work is all over the place.

Angel Oliver
02-07-2009, 04:46 AM
Just to say hello and welcome and glad you found us.

Love
Angel.xx

Rastagirl
02-07-2009, 10:15 PM
Hi Davita...

Welcome aboard!

Glad you found us and decided to share. :D

You'll find many understanding, compassionate people here that are willing to listen and share their experiences.

Fondly,

Lori :P

Spanglishqueen
02-08-2009, 09:33 AM
Welcome Davita :!: :D

Danica01
02-09-2009, 11:38 PM
Welcome!!!! I am so happy you are here! You have found a place where you can come and be yourself. You can share anything and everything you want to and we will help you get through it all. You are going to love it here. You jut became a member of an amazing forum family :D

mountaindreamer
02-10-2009, 06:17 AM
welcome Davita,

this is a great group of people and I hope you find calmness in sharing experiences with everyone. thank goodness your hospital experiences have been for a couple of hours. I usually get admitted, then I have to struggle to get out a couple of days later. They all want to be the one to find out what the problem is, and then they all write it off as "oh well it must be the lupus".

share a smile today,

NoodleMom
02-10-2009, 07:01 AM
Hi davita,
Welcome to our little home on the web.

Kasey

Saysusie
02-10-2009, 10:38 AM
Hi Davita;

Welcome to our family :lol: My name is Saysusie and I am the moderator/administrator here. I am glad that you've joined our family and, as you can see, the people here are very caring, supportive, informative and understanding. Yes, we are real people who live with this disease and its many over-lapping illnesses and we want to help you as much as we can. Again...Welcome :lol:

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

gina
02-11-2009, 10:02 AM
i was told i had lupus in 2005 was sick for 5 years from rashes to fevers gave me beta blockers, said bad pms. took a lab in ca. to figure out it was lupus after being in hospital 3 times dehydrated. its nice to know what you have that way you can accept and move on with treatments. i have now what they call brain fog really bad forget to call children before school. i lost my marriage of 20 years to this sickness and not going to lose my job now that i am in a brain for really bad. go to rooms forget why there, watch tv forget whats going on. forget to pay bills, i can deal with the joint pain, and the swelling don't like this part at all. keep up your spirits it could be a lot worse.

mountaindreamer
02-11-2009, 12:27 PM
hi gina,

I am so sorry that life is very bad for you right now. You did not say what meds you are on. I have recently started Plaquenil...they say it takes 5 months to work...I hope so, cause life can be so tough.

I have read that some people take Aderall for brain fog, and I think they have good results. I am sure someone will be along who can offer you a lot more information than I can.

Please understand. We have people here that also forget to pay bills (I do, and everyone just thinks that I am irresponsible even though I am 56 and raised 3 children). We have people who are loosing their homes because they can't work anymore. Enen so, we do find some calmness and dignity in spending a few minutes enjoying some "small talk" times with each other.

I am so sorry for your loses, and please...if there is anything that we can ever do to help, please know that we are here.

good luck to you, and keep posting.

gina
02-12-2009, 05:10 AM
thanks for all your help. i tried the anti mall. drugs and made me and nausea. i am going to call the dr. and try them again. my friends kept telling me the meomory stuff was from old age i just turn 41 and if thats old their nuts. i am glad i found this website to talk to people its hard when you loose your marriage after 20 years because your so sick and he didn't understand wouldn't even go to drs with me thought it was my depression. would yelled at me to get out of bed and take care of children cook dinner. my sister would come over and clean the house for me didn't have the energy to do it and wasn't kids job to clean the house they helped but not heavy stuff. i found someone who understood what i was going thru that made marriage worse so its over he getting remarried and i have people in my life now that understand inluding my boss if not i would of lost my job by now, doing accounting work can't make the mistakes that i have done that she caught. thanks for your support

KathyW1958
02-12-2009, 10:24 AM
Hi Davita,
Welcome to the site. There are a lot of wonderful folks that come in here and yes it is good that there are real life folks that talk in here. My name is Kathy and I have SLE Lupus. I just turned 50 and have been diagnosed since the age of 36 years old, but the Rheumatologist believes that I have had this illness along with several other auto-immunes since the age of about 5 years old. She Sjogrens and others did not present themselves until I was 36 and then the Pernicious Anemia just decided to present itself last May. I hope that you keep posting.

Hugs,
Kathy

gina
02-12-2009, 10:39 AM
thanks i do take tramadol for the pain. was sick in early 20 they thought it was pms, depression and for some reason put me on beta blockers for fevers and sweats were real bad. found out i was allergic to sulphur drugs also thought that was some of my problems and i said i ibs. the lab in ca found out the truth. after a year of test and being in hospital three times for dehydration and fevers. i have the sle and makes my body think its diebtic which is not so i watch the sugar levels. get uti for no reason too much protein in urine don't get signs go docs for visit than they tell me i have that almost every time for two years now was dignose in 2005 going back my dr now thinks i had it forever not sure when started. but between swollen glands rashes and fevers thru out my life and the fatigue and joint pain they blame on everything else. at least now know what you have and deal with it