PDA

View Full Version : Recurrent Shoulder impingment and immflammed bursa

paula C
02-06-2009, 10:44 PM
Hi all,

I am wondering if anyone out there has had recurrent shoulder problems and immflammed bursa. This only ever happens to my left shoulder and seems to happen 2 or 3 times a year.

This time seems to be somewhat different. This time I have trouble with extreme stiffness. Usually it just painful and weak. Its all of this plus extremlly stiff.

Could this be part of SLE or Fibro or do you think this could be a recurrent INJURY?

Can anyone throw anylight on this.

Paula C

Angel Oliver
02-07-2009, 03:53 AM
Hi and welcome.

I too have a problem with my neck and shoulders. My right shoulder especially the shoulder blade has major pain sometimes and then i get a stinging and burning sensation on the skin.When its at its worst im in agony and cant lift my arm and my neck goes stiff to one side. A massage helps it but as soon as a massage stops the pain is back with a vengeance.

I have never had an injury, but mine started when i became ill in 2004, so i know mine is to do with the M.E i have.

I hope this helps you and i hope your shoulder feels better soon.

Love
Angel.xx

Jesse
02-08-2009, 03:19 PM
I recently developed a similar problem. My right upper arm muscle became extremely sore and I couldn't lift my arm at times. The rheumy blames the lupus/Sjogren's. Naproxen helped but now the Imuran seems to be keeping it under control, which confirms for me that it really is related to the disease and not some type of injury.

sits_inthe_corner
02-08-2009, 04:45 PM
Gentle hugs to ya paula C

Have you seen your doctor about this. There may be things you can do to improve this or at least lessen the effects.

Physical therapy may have some helpful suggestions.

NoodleMom
02-08-2009, 05:44 PM
I have no answers but I have troubles with my left arm too.

My arm aches most all the time. It goes numb. The fingers too. Yeasterday was by far the worst of it. I shu the bedroom door and as I was bring my arm back down and around I got a really intense sharp pain in the front part of the shoulder and down the bicep. My arm got so stiff I couldnt move it. HubbyMan had to come and put some pain cream on and gently massage it so I could move it. He also had to help me get dressed.

It did eventually loosen up, but uffda that was bad.

Kasey

mountaindreamer
02-09-2009, 02:32 PM
Hi Paula C

I too have a lot of problems with my left shoulder. It is extremely difficult to find a comfortable sleeping position, and raising my left arm is sometimes out of the quesiton.

I have FMS, and there are no trigger points in the part of the shoulder that runs down the arm. The trigger points are up closer to the neck. I associate this with Lupus. Oh, Well, just another......

share a smile today,
phyllis

sharronshiraz
02-09-2009, 02:59 PM
Hi me too terrible pain and aching in my left shoulder and shoulder blade area its there all the time,also left hand swollen and stiff every morning,so pleased to read i am not the only one!
Would an xray of the shoulder area show anything?
Back at the docs Wednesday might mention it!

mountaindreamer
02-09-2009, 03:11 PM
hi sharronshiraz,

no, a xray only shows problems with bones. I don't know about an MRI, all of my drs. just smile a condolences smile. I sometimes carry my arm in a sling for a while and can eventually get a little relief.

share a smile today

paula C
02-16-2009, 04:36 AM
Hi sharronshiraz,

I have since had an ultra sound of the shoulder and it was confirmed Bursitis and immflammation of the tendons as a result.
It seems to fit the picture of SLE quite well.