PDA

View Full Version : A Wonderful Gift

DrinkofWtr
02-06-2009, 08:30 AM
As most of you know I am currently on unemployment, along with millions of others in the U.S. right now.

There is a lovely couple who own a jewelry store in the neighboring town from where I live. They decided they were going to do something nice for those who were unemployed or who had been foreclosed on. They decided they were going to give 200 necklaces away to the unemployed or foreclosed on. The necklaces were given away on a first come first served basis. I was one of the grateful recipients. I received a lovely pearl necklace on silver wire.

What a wonderful thing for these people to do and just before Valentine's Day too!

iseedeadmonkeys
02-06-2009, 09:29 AM
That is the most lovely thing i have heard in a long time, how nice of them to think of others..............:)

x

BonusMom
02-06-2009, 10:50 AM
I heard a news story about this (KCRA-Sacramento) and was so pleased that the jewelry store was going to be doing this :). Congratulations for being one of the fortunate recipients! Wear your new pearl every day and you'll be reminded of the goodness in others. It's renewed my faith in humanity!

Angel Oliver
02-06-2009, 11:42 AM
Oh how lovely.You wear it with pride.Such a nice thing to do.

Love
Angel.xx

SuperGiv
02-06-2009, 02:17 PM
It's really nice to hear news like this :D Even in times where everyones struggling, people still want to give and share. Wouldn't mind one myself hehe.

rob
02-06-2009, 03:01 PM
That is a really nice gesture. Nice to see there are still plenty of people in the world who's generosity is unconditional. Very cool.

lucky7
02-06-2009, 04:17 PM
OMG! Thats just another reason why i love being here with you guys! Stories like that arent told enough!

Thank you for that!

Here i go again,walking away with another smile! :D

Angel Oliver
02-07-2009, 08:05 PM
Hi,

I was just wondering if you have been wearing your lovely gift and has anyone commented on it?

Love
Angel.xx

mountaindreamer
02-09-2009, 02:57 PM
hi drink of water.

I agree with the advice to wear each day and smile knowing that some people really to care.

congrats....you sooo deserve a nice gesture.

phyllis

Saysusie
02-10-2009, 11:16 AM
I just love to hear that there are so many kind people in the world. We tend to become a bit cynical, especially when listening to the news. We don't hear, often enough, about the kindness of others.
Thank you for sharing this story with us and, yes, wear the necklace as often as you can as a reminder of the love and kindness that abounds in this world :lol:

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie