PDA

View Full Version : Encouraging sayings and quotes

lmangusrn
02-05-2009, 09:47 PM
:idea: I have found that I gravitate to some neat saying, quotes and words of encouragement. I would like to start this thread and have everyone share what there's is or even when you ahve a new one that you want to share. Right now mine is:
"I will not let this disease define who I am"
Please share some that you all have!!!!! 8)

rob
02-06-2009, 02:05 AM
The Lt. who was my tank platoon leader back in my Army days used to say-

"Whether life grinds you down, or sharpens you up, depends upon what you are made of"

My father, has quite a sense of humor, and is a pretty practical guy, and his favorite saying is-

"It's better to be a has-been, than a never-was"

Funny, but true.

lmangusrn
02-06-2009, 05:47 PM
Rob you make me laugh when I read through some of your posts. I think your LT must be a great guy and your father also. I love how you sign your name: about going in to orbit and nuken lupus.

rob
02-06-2009, 06:08 PM
It's actually a line from a movie, slightly modified by me. The movie is called Aliens, it's a classic Sci-fi flick from the 80's. It's a James Cameron film, the same director that made Titanic. The actor, Michael Biehn says the line, then the heroine, Sigourney Weaver repeats it, and voila, a sci-fi classic line is born!

My Lt was awesome. He was lead tank, I was left. There are 4 tanks in a platoon with 4 crewmen each. Anyway, he went on to become a Police Officer and has the record in his state for the most DUI arrests. A great guy.

Bama
02-07-2009, 09:28 AM
I just read a neat saying on a friends web site:

"Don't tell God how big your storm is, tell your storm how big your God is."

Saysusie
02-07-2009, 10:43 AM
Hey Rob...Is that you???? I like your picture.

My favorite quote is the one that is in my signature line..."Look For The Good And Praise It!"

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

rob
02-07-2009, 12:41 PM
Hey Rob...Is that you???? I like your picture.

My favorite quote is the one that is in my signature line..."Look For The Good And Praise It!"

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

Yep, that mugshot is yours truly!

Angel Oliver
02-07-2009, 03:09 PM
I usually know lots but i carnt think of em just yet. I'll give you the one i said to my mam today....its a bit lame.....but here goes.....

''im gonna win the lotto next week''. Well ...it keeps me looking forward to something i suppose lol :)

Angel.xxx

lmangusrn
02-07-2009, 06:59 PM
There are all great. One of my favorite for years has been "Do not follow wherer the path may lead--Go instead, where there is no path, and leave a trail" I have used it for my work mostly but today I thought that we could use it for our situations. Let's blaze the trail for lupus supporters! :D

lmangusrn
02-08-2009, 06:41 PM
I read a poem tonight that I thought I would share because it made me feel so good!

Remember What is Most Important.......
It's not having everything go right;
it's facing whatever goes wrong.
It's not being without fear;
it's having the determination to go on in spite of it.
It's not where you stand, but the direction you're going in.
It's more than never having bad moments;
it's knowing you are always bigger than the moment.
It's believing you have already been given everything you need to handle life.
It's not being able to rid the world of all its injustices;
it's being able to rise above them.
It's belief in your heart that there will always be more good than bad in the world.
Remember to live just this one day and not add tomorrow's troubles to today's load.
Remeber that every day ends and begins a new tomorrow full of exciting new things.
Love what you do; do the best you can.

I hope you all enjoy it :)

Rastagirl
02-08-2009, 09:52 PM
Here's one I've always liked.....

"When the power of Love overcomes the Love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix

Lori :P

rob
02-08-2009, 10:00 PM
Here's one I've always liked.....

"When the power of Love overcomes the Love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix

That's a good one.

Danica01
02-09-2009, 11:47 PM
I like this one:

"In a moment of decision,
the best thing you can do is the right thing to do.
The worst thing you can do is nothing.
Theodore Roosevelt

Morpheus
02-10-2009, 03:24 AM
I heard this on a series called sisters years back.
"Wherever i am in life, is where I am supposed to be"
been my fav ever since :)

mountaindreamer
02-10-2009, 05:58 AM
hi everyone,

Rastagirl, thank you for reminding why I liked jimi hendrix so much....it is such a shame to loose so much talent so early in their life.

share a smile today,
phyllis

lucky7
02-10-2009, 03:04 PM
WOW! Youre a GREAT bunch of people!

Very ENCOURAGING and INSPIRING!

I LOVE IT!!!!! :D

Rastagirl
02-10-2009, 03:36 PM
Thanks, Imangusrn....for starting this thread. Everything that has been shared is uplifting. I love the poem you shared with us. Good words to live by.

Phyllis...You are welcome. I'm gonna agree....we lost one of the greats when Jimi went before his time. My heart also broke when Stevie Ray Vaughn left us too soon....so much great music that has passed into Heaven.

Saysusie...Yours is one that makes me pause every day when I read it and find a good thing to praise!!

Morpheus....Your quote is one I always live by....Whatever is going on in my life, I am right here in this moment, in this place, with the people who's paths I have crossed, for a reason. And where ever that is, it is right where I am supposed to be.

Danica....Theodore Roosevelt must take his rightful place in this thread. Good one!

Keep 'em coming everyone........ :D

lmangusrn
02-19-2009, 11:12 PM
First I must tell everyone that my name is Linda Mangus, I sign everything has lmangusrn which I think everyone is thinking it is an Imangusrn no lmangusrn. Just a clarification. Here's a thought I heard tonight.
When the world says, "Give up," Hope whispers, " Try it one more time."

I try each day to think of the hope we have and to look forward to whatever hope there is. I challeange everyone is have hope and find the hope in every day.
Tell me what things you do to find that hope and to help others to find that hope.

mountaindreamer
02-20-2009, 05:19 AM
I have one that I had printed on a coffee mug. I used it a lot while in the competitive professional world, now I use in my daily face-off with lupus.

"I only become aggressive when assertive is not enough"

Rob - your LT sounds like a great guy...hope you guys are still in contact.

phyllis

lmangusrn
02-26-2009, 07:54 PM
I love this one also.
"Wherever i am in life, is where I am supposed to be"